Pulled the trigger on a new MX5100 today

/ Pulled the trigger on a new MX5100 today #1  

Steppenwolfe

Tractor
Kubota MX5400, 1140 RTV
Hello to all. Finally pulled the trigger today on my dream machine. An MX5100 4wd, quick connect fel, and gear driven. Kubota is giving a $2,000 discount for cash, and I couldn't pass it up. Not to mention, my dealer gave me about another $3 grand off list. The backhoe is going to have to wait till next year. Please, all you 5100 owners, let me know I bought the right machine. Thanks.

/ Pulled the trigger on a new MX5100 today #2  
Congrats on your new tractor!

/ Pulled the trigger on a new MX5100 today #3  
Congrats on the new tractor.

/ Pulled the trigger on a new MX5100 today #4  
You are going to love it! Congrats.

/ Pulled the trigger on a new MX5100 today #5  
I bought mine last month with pretty much the same features as yours and love it so far. I've got 10 hours on it - hopefully you'll have more time to spend on it than I have had. The biggest adjustment for me has been remembering to let off the parking brake before doing some work.

/ Pulled the trigger on a new MX5100 today #6  
MX5100 is one heck of the tractor same as MX4700. I have gone thru WSM cover to cover and the more I read the more I like the rig. This tractor hits all the sweet spot for form and function. Excellent utility machine with easy controls simple and robust. You'll love your new rig. Congrats. I did use the cash incentive as well but opted for MX4700.

JC,

/ Pulled the trigger on a new MX5100 today #7  
Just got mine a couple weeks ago and it's impressive. I'd be interested to know how you plan to break it in. The Owner's Manual indicates not to run it hard for the first 50 hours, but several have advised (including the selling dealer) to run it like you plan to use it. I've opted to use it, but to take it easy on it until I have the 50 hours. I've only got 8 hours on mine so far and the weather is changing, so I don't think I'll get a lot of time on it for a while. I need more toys to hook to it (just starting out and only have a bush hog). One thing you may want to consider...a floor mat. My floor paint was already showing wear after a couple uses, so I went to a local farm store and bought some bulk material and made a custom fit floor mat. Works great!

I think you'll love the tractor as it's really powerful and easy to operate. Plus it's orange!

/ Pulled the trigger on a new MX5100 today #8  
Just got mine a couple weeks ago and it's impressive. I'd be interested to know how you plan to break it in. The Owner's Manual indicates not to run it hard for the first 50 hours, but several have advised (including the selling dealer) to run it like you plan to use it. I've opted to use it, but to take it easy on it until I have the 50 hours. I've only got 8 hours on mine so far and the weather is changing, so I don't think I'll get a lot of time on it for a while. I need more toys to hook to it (just starting out and only have a bush hog). One thing you may want to consider...a floor mat. My floor paint was already showing wear after a couple uses, so I went to a local farm store and bought some bulk material and made a custom fit floor mat. Works great!

I think you'll love the tractor as it's really powerful and easy to operate. Plus it's orange!

I have bought 3 new vehicles in my life and 3 second hand. On the new ones I was very careful not to over work it, avoiding high acceleration and low deceleration. changed the oil Like I should, checked pan and valve cover screws. I general I have been gentle with them in the first 6 month. So far my 1995 caravan and 1997 honda accord are in perfect shape. I think break-in is very important. My dealer also shared my view for the first 50 hrs. The OM clearly says not run implement at PTO speed and I'm planning to do exactly that as I have a another tractor. there will be a bot of metal shaving both in transmission and engine during initial mating of the parts. I'd make sure the engine idle for at least few minutes to warm up and keep the oils flowing before any real work.

By the way , very interested on how others done the break in or plan to do it.

JC,

/ Pulled the trigger on a new MX5100 today #9  
Congratulations on your new tractor, I don't own one, but highly recommend them. They are in my opinion a really good semi basic tractor with some nice features at a really good price.

/ Pulled the trigger on a new MX5100 today

Thanks...I was out doing some clean up today with a bush hog on my 2600, and all I could think about was how sweet it is going to be with the 5100. Keep me in the loop on how you plan to break this in. I confess, I haven't even thought about it. Take care. Mel