Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L2600 DT Kubota 900 RTV Kubota MX5100

Default Pulled the trigger on a new MX5100 today

Hello to all. Finally pulled the trigger today on my dream machine. An MX5100 4wd, quick connect fel, and gear driven. kubota is giving a $2,000 discount for cash, and I couldn't pass it up. Not to mention, my dealer gave me about another $3 grand off list. The backhoe is going to have to wait till next year. Please, all you 5100 owners, let me know I bought the right machine. Thanks.

Tractor
    New Holland TC35D, Case TR320 CTL

Default Re: Pulled the trigger on a new MX5100 today

Congrats on your new tractor!
    John

My Work & Stuff Photo Thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...to-thread.html

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Congrats on the new tractor.

Tractor
    Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags

You are going to love it! Congrats.
    Kubota grand L 3130; 723 loader; Hinged back Box Scraper; 7' HD Back Blade; Tooth Bar; PHD w/ 9 & 12 Inch Auger; PEC; Carryall

Tractor
    Kubota mx5100, MF 1080

I bought mine last month with pretty much the same features as yours and love it so far. I've got 10 hours on it - hopefully you'll have more time to spend on it than I have had. The biggest adjustment for me has been remembering to let off the parking brake before doing some work.

Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

MX5100 is one heck of the tractor same as MX4700. I have gone thru WSM cover to cover and the more I read the more I like the rig. This tractor hits all the sweet spot for form and function. Excellent utility machine with easy controls simple and robust. You'll love your new rig. Congrats. I did use the cash incentive as well but opted for MX4700.

JC,
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

Just got mine a couple weeks ago and it's impressive. I'd be interested to know how you plan to break it in. The Owner's Manual indicates not to run it hard for the first 50 hours, but several have advised (including the selling dealer) to run it like you plan to use it. I've opted to use it, but to take it easy on it until I have the 50 hours. I've only got 8 hours on mine so far and the weather is changing, so I don't think I'll get a lot of time on it for a while. I need more toys to hook to it (just starting out and only have a bush hog). One thing you may want to consider...a floor mat. My floor paint was already showing wear after a couple uses, so I went to a local farm store and bought some bulk material and made a custom fit floor mat. Works great!

I think you'll love the tractor as it's really powerful and easy to operate. Plus it's orange!

Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter Madness View Post
    Just got mine a couple weeks ago and it's impressive. I'd be interested to know how you plan to break it in. The Owner's Manual indicates not to run it hard for the first 50 hours, but several have advised (including the selling dealer) to run it like you plan to use it. I've opted to use it, but to take it easy on it until I have the 50 hours. I've only got 8 hours on mine so far and the weather is changing, so I don't think I'll get a lot of time on it for a while. I need more toys to hook to it (just starting out and only have a bush hog). One thing you may want to consider...a floor mat. My floor paint was already showing wear after a couple uses, so I went to a local farm store and bought some bulk material and made a custom fit floor mat. Works great!

I think you'll love the tractor as it's really powerful and easy to operate. Plus it's orange!
    I have bought 3 new vehicles in my life and 3 second hand. On the new ones I was very careful not to over work it, avoiding high acceleration and low deceleration. changed the oil Like I should, checked pan and valve cover screws. I general I have been gentle with them in the first 6 month. So far my 1995 caravan and 1997 honda accord are in perfect shape. I think break-in is very important. My dealer also shared my view for the first 50 hrs. The OM clearly says not run implement at PTO speed and I'm planning to do exactly that as I have a another tractor. there will be a bot of metal shaving both in transmission and engine during initial mating of the parts. I'd make sure the engine idle for at least few minutes to warm up and keep the oils flowing before any real work.

By the way , very interested on how others done the break in or plan to do it.

JC,
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Congratulations on your new tractor, I don't own one, but highly recommend them. They are in my opinion a really good semi basic tractor with some nice features at a really good price.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L2600 DT Kubota 900 RTV Kubota MX5100

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter Madness View Post

Thanks...I was out doing some clean up today with a bush hog on my 2600, and all I could think about was how sweet it is going to be with the 5100. Keep me in the loop on how you plan to break this in. I confess, I haven't even thought about it. Take care. Mel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast