Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

Default Re: Buying L4600 & stuff!

That will be a very nice tractor! I agree about the all purpose blade, I wouldn't see a need for it and would rather go with a box scraper. As for the Meteor blower, I have one and they work well. I've used it for 10yrs without issue. I see you're getting the thumb for your BH, that is very nice. I did not as it's another $4k up this way and I was thinking of a grapple someday instead.

From the description of everything you'll be doing on your property, it's similar to what I do so you should be happy with the 4600.
    2011 Kubota MX5100, BH92, BH BB72, Walco Bush Hog and Snowblower, Wallenstein 310 Splitter & Forks

Tractor
    Kubota L4600

Thanks again everyone!

I'll be getting the 72" cutter instead of the 60"; I'll probably get a box blade for landscaping and a front snow plow blade for taking care of the first snow or two, before I can use the snow blower.

My order will be in tomorrow! I can't wait!

Tractor
    Kubota L3540 Cab

Great. Let us know when it arrives ... and we like pictures.

Tractor
    Ford 4500 TLB, Kubota L2900GST

Ditto what Ace3 says about Everything Attachments! Watch every video Ted and Peanut make- twice. (that way, when you go into the dealershp you will know MORE than most of the salesMEN!
    Also, get the rear remote(s) at time of purchase.
    Many, many folks here say the box blade is the single most useful attachment.

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Have you considered a grapple for your front end loader? They are amazingly useful for any type of woods work. If you have any logging cleanup to do I couldn't recommend one enough. Just as TripleR wouldn't be without a hydraulic top link, I would never be without a grapple. I really don't even have much use for my bucket and could get along without it, aside from snow.
    Regarding adding hydraulics later, just order them now, it is so much easier. For a great idea of how much work it is to add hydraulics, take a look at the link in my signature. I have a very similar tractor to yours and have used it for many of the similar tasks you describe. Only thing I'm wishing for now, is a snowblower, but I won't get one without a cab.
    Keep asking questions!
    -Matt
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    Kubota L4600

Well I've bought it! I'll be taking delivery in about 10 days (I'm going away for 8 of those days). It seems they need to put my tractor together... I'm going in to the dealer as soon as I get back, they'll go over the tractor with me to make sure everything is a-okay (since I didn't get to check out MINE before buying) and once I accept it they'll deliver it (I don't have a big enough trailer for it, yet). It's kinda neat to see how it's all crated up for shipment from kubota....

-photo-7-jpg-photo-5-jpg-photo-6-jpg

Tractor
    Kubota L4600

@Piston: I thought about a grapple, but I think that's going to have to wait until next spring. I have piles and piles of tree branches all over my property, half a tree here, half a tree there, I can only imagine how incredibly useful a grapple would be. But along with the box blade, it would just sit in my shed until april or may, and financially it makes more sense for me to buy them then. I suppose it's good to have stuff to look forward to, right?

Thanks again all!

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Congrats on the purchase!

You are right about the purchase of the box blade and grapple, if your not going to use it until spring, there is no need for it right away. It will give you plenty of time to read the millions of threads of "what size grapple should I buy" Also, since you will have time, it would be a good idea to spend some nights browsing craigslist for a good deal on a used box blade.
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    Kubota L3540 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by storii View Post
    @Piston: I thought about a grapple, but I think that's going to have to wait until next spring. I have piles and piles of tree branches all over my property, half a tree here, half a tree there, I can only imagine how incredibly useful a grapple would be. But along with the box blade, it would just sit in my shed until april or may, and financially it makes more sense for me to buy them then. I suppose it's good to have stuff to look forward to, right?

Thanks again all!
    If you are even thinking about a grapple then have them put the 3rd function valve on the loader as they are building it. Don't forget that if you wait until spring for the box blade and grapple you will not be able to finance it with 0%. 0% financing is like free use of kubota's money. Just someting to think about.

Tractor
    Kubota L4600

Quote Originally Posted by Ace3 View Post
    If you are even thinking about a grapple then have them put the 3rd function valve on the loader as they are building it. Don't forget that if you wait until spring for the box blade and grapple you will not be able to finance it with 0%. 0% financing is like free use of kubota's money. Just someting to think about.
    Thanks Ace3!

I saved up and am paying cash for my tractor, the box blade and grapple are over budget at the moment. I thought about financing, 0% is attractive, but after getting all the details it doesn't seem like 0 to me. I wouldn't get the $2000 off for cash, plus there are nearly $400 in fees (not counting insurance which I'll do either way). So the way I see it, financing really costs me at least $2400, it's not 0.

I am getting the 3rd function valve and three remotes now though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast