Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #91  
I am sure that is why they are putting the brakes on the left next year. I am not addressing benefits one way or the other, just my personal use and preference. I can easily use split brakes on my L5740 with the cruise control and have tried it. While I grew up using split brakes farming and still use them on our M8540, I have found them insignificant for how we use our L5740.

In all honesty I don't mind the brakes on the right side, I have gotten used to it, and kind of prefer it that way now.

My only issue was the fact that they put a split brake on my B26, which is absolutely useless and cannot be used. If it had cruise control, than it would be somewhat useful, but it doesn't. If you are going to put something, such as split brakes, on a tractor, it should have SOME practical use.

I know we have discussed this before, so no sense in going through it again.

On a happier note, I can't wait to test drive the new BX xx70 series. If it had the auto connect deck, I think I would have already put my order in. Maybe next years model will have it. They are going to have to offer it sooner or later. It may not initially be on the BX, but at least on one of the models. Time will tell.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #92  
On a happier note, I can't wait to test drive the new BX xx70 series. If it had the auto connect deck, I think I would have already put my order in. Maybe next years model will have it. They are going to have to offer it sooner or later. It may not initially be on the BX, but at least on one of the models. Time will tell.

I'm so old, I'll never need another SCUT, but sure hope Kubota continues to improve them, I also like the idea of auto connect and hate anything with quarter inching 3PH.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #93  

My theory is that all of the changes coming with the BX70 series were in the works on a totally revised BX line up that will eventually add an oil cooler and at least drive over deck if not autoconnect, and position control on the top-of-the-line model. I think that they decided to roll out the easy changes now in response to the JD 1 series until the full model revision is ready for production. If you think about it, all of the changes coming with the BX70's were relatively easy to make. The basic tractor isn't changing from what I can tell, which is not necessarily bad as I still think it is the best overall design and value in the sub-cut market.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #94  
I wish I had a better split brake setup on my B. On my very hilly property, I don't have a lot of areas that I can use the cruise control. There are times when I need the split brake to keep the machine going in a straight line when doing ground engaging work. These instances are very short runs, so engaging the cruise control is not very feasible. I will probably make a hand control to do that, because reaching down with my hand to push one of the brake pedals while my right foot is on the hydro pedal in an attempt to keep the machine moving straight is not ideal.

I could see the benefit of putting the split brakes on the left for those situations, though it might make getting on and off the machine a little more difficult.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #95  
My theory is that all of the changes coming with the BX70 series were in the works on a totally revised BX line up that will eventually add an oil cooler and at least drive over deck if not autoconnect, and position control on the top-of-the-line model. I think that they decided to roll out the easy changes now in response to the JD 1 series until the full model revision is ready for production. If you think about it, all of the changes coming with the BX70's were relatively easy to make. The basic tractor isn't changing from what I can tell, which is not necessarily bad as I still think it is the best overall design and value in the sub-cut market.

One thing I just noticed when I blew up the picture of the plow, that I am very surprised at. The QA plow doesn't seem to have hydraulic angling. Mechanical thumb is annoying enough to work with, I can't imagine having to get on and off the tractor every time I need to reposition the plow. Am I missing something, or am I seeing this right?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #96  
One thing I just noticed when I blew up the picture of the plow, that I am very surprised at. The QA plow doesn't seem to have hydraulic angling. Mechanical thumb is annoying enough to work with, I can't imagine having to get on and off the tractor every time I need to reposition the plow. Am I missing something, or am I seeing this right?

Yeah, didn't see it either but I'm not surprised since there's no factory option for a thrid function on the FEL. As it is, I have the 4-way plow already so I wouldn't be interested in the FEL plow add-on. Just another opportunity for TBN types to customize their new BX70 machine I guess. On the other hand, I'd love to be able to switch out to pallet forks.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #97  
Yeah, didn't see it either but I'm not surprised since there's no factory option for a thrid function on the FEL. As it is, I have the 4-way plow already so I wouldn't be interested in the FEL plow add-on. Just another opportunity for TBN types to customize their new BX70 machine I guess. On the other hand, I'd love to be able to switch out to pallet forks.

Yeah but you can't beat the FEL plow when the snow starts piling up. I think they are going to have to add a few more options before I sign any papers. I'd like to see the oil cooler, auto connect deck and a hydraulic angling FEL plow. Then I will sign on the dotted line. Oh yeah, and hyd thumb would be a nice option. Am I asking too much? I don't think so, sounds like the perfect BX to me.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #98  
Yeah but you can't beat the FEL plow when the snow starts piling up. I think they are going to have to add a few more options before I sign any papers. I'd like to see the oil cooler, auto connect deck and a hydraulic angling FEL plow. Then I will sign on the dotted line. Oh yeah, and hyd thumb would be a nice option. Am I asking too much? I don't think so, sounds like the perfect BX to me.

They still don't offer a hyd thumb for the largest B's, (except for the B26) so I don't see that expensive option being added to the little BX. I love hyd thumbs on the bigger machines I've run. We'll see how I feel about my first mechanical thumb. I think I could probably convert it to hyd if I really wanted to.

As for the hyd angle plow, though I'd like to add hydraulics to my FEL mounted 6' plow blade, I haven't yet been motivated or had the time in the off-season to get it done, since it will also require me adding an electric over hydraulic valve kit. Glad I didn't go through the trouble of adding it to my B3030 in the last year, since I would have had to remove it and reinstall it onto the new machine. I expect it will eventually be an add-on when I finally get enough motivation and/or I get tired of not having it. But when clearing the same drives every winter, I've developed a pattern to make the manual angle work without too much issue, or without having to change the angle constantly. Of course if I had hyd angle, I'd be using it constantly. It's just a matter of where you want to spend the money, I guess.

Last edited:
   / Kubota BX25D / BX70? #99  
bandit67 said:
They still don't offer a hyd thumb for the largest B's, so I don't see that expensive option being added to the little BX. I love hyd thumbs on the bigger machines I've run. We'll see how I feel about my first mechanical thumb. I think I could probably convert it to hyd if I really wanted to.

As for the hyd angle plow, though I'd like to add hydraulics to my FEL mounted 6' plow blade, I haven't yet been motivated or had the time in the off-season to get it done, since it will also require me adding an electric over hydraulic valve kit. Glad I didn't go through the trouble of adding it to my B3030 in the last year, since I would have had to remove it and reinstall it onto the new machine. I expect it will eventually be an add-on when I finally get enough motivation and/or I get tired of not having it. But when clearing the same drives every winter, I've developed a pattern to make the manual angle work without too much issue, or without having to change the angle constantly. Of course if I had hyd angle, I'd be using it constantly. It's just a matter of where you want to spend the money, I guess.

Well they actually do have the hyd thumb on the B's, I have it on my B26. But I do get what your saying, very slim chance of ever seeing one on a BX. Now that I am used to having it, especially for rocks, I think I would have a tough time getting along without it. At first I didn't like it. I felt like it was always in the way when digging, but now as I said, I wouldn't want to work without it.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #100  
I hear you on the hydraulic angling and convenience of a FEL mounted plow. There really weren't any good options for that when I bought my front plow. BXpanded now offers one and soon Kubota. If I were starting over, I'd probably go with the FEL plow and convert it to hydraulic angling eventually. I actually bought the smaller, 54" maunal angle BX plow used and converted it to hydraulic angling when I had my BX1860.

Since I just added dual rear remotes to my BX25, I will have to take a look at the new Kubota thumb to see what it costs and how easily it can be converted to hydraulic. The welded-on mounting bosses on the dipper stick may be the sticking issue (beyond cost). Also, I already dropped decent coin on a Bro Tek thumb, so I'd have to sell that to recoup some cost. I've looked at making the Bro Tek hydraulic, but it's just not conducive to conversion as far as I can see.

Attachments

• BX Front Blade 020.JPG
    BX Front Blade 020.JPG
    787.3 KB · Views: 581