Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #102  
CHDinCT said:
I hear you on the hydraulic angling and convenience of a FEL mounted plow. There really weren't any good options for that when I bought my front plow. BXpanded now offers one and soon Kubota. If I were starting over, I'd probably go with the FEL plow and convert it to hydraulic angling eventually. I actually bought the smaller, 54" maunal angle BX plow used and converted it to hydraulic angling when I had my BX1860.

Since I just added dual rear remotes to my BX25, I will have to take a look at the new Kubota thumb to see what it costs and how easily it can be converted to hydraulic. The welded-on mounting bosses on the dipper stick may be the sticking issue (beyond cost). Also, I already dropped decent coin on a Bro Tek thumb, so I'd have to sell that to recoup some cost. I've looked at making the Bro Tek hydraulic, but it's just not conducive to conversion as far as I can see.

Nice job, looks very professional. I am a woodworker myself, but was always very interested in metal work. I recently bought a welder, and currently in the market for a plasma cutter. Thermal Dynamics makes a decent one, from what I'm told.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #103  
Nice job, looks very professional. I am a woodworker myself, but was always very interested in metal work. I recently bought a welder, and currently in the market for a plasma cutter. Thermal Dynamics makes a decent one, from what I'm told.

Carl, I should have been more specific. I didn't do the welding on that front blade. Paid a welder to do that for me and that's why it looks "professional". I have since bought a MIG/flux core welder and starting dabbling a little. I did weld up the bracket for my aftermarket remote valve and modified my 3PH draw bar so I can mount six suitcase weights when needed. Oh, and the 2" receiver tube on the bottom of the draw bar was pro-welded too, so I didn't do that. As a close inspection would reveal, there's no comparison in the consistency of the welds. :eek:

Attachments

• BX Valve Project 012.JPG
    BX Valve Project 012.JPG
    760.4 KB · Views: 513
  • 3PH Bracket 1.jpg
    3PH Bracket 1.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 618
   / Kubota BX25D / BX70? #104  
Scooby074 said:
QC on the mmm was something i wanted myself. Deere pulled it off so we know its do-able.

True..but i think the drive over deck is over pimped...i want to see a normal person do it....aka...shaft not inline etc

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #105  
I thought I read that Kubota did not go with a quick connect because they wanted the deck to float. Maybe the deck on the JD does not float side to side as much as a BX?

I took the deck off my BX last week for the second time and it took 57 seconds. I could probably do it faster if I hurried.

Flatlanders! He he!

Here is a thread with a video and pictures of my flatland.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #106  
94BULLITT said:
I thought I read that Kubota did not go with a quick connect because they wanted the deck to float. Maybe the deck on the JD does not float side to side as much as a BX?

I took the deck off my BX last week for the second time and it took 57 seconds. I could probably do it faster if I hurried.

Here is a thread with a video and pictures of my flatland.

I'm not going to argue about new technology or user friendliness. Y'all enjoy your machines, ya hear.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #107  
True..but i think the drive over deck is over pimped...i want to see a normal person do it....aka...shaft not inline etc

Yeah I'd like to know how "fussy" the deck alignment is in the real world too... If I would have to do it over flat concrete, then the QC wouldnt be that much of a benefit to me.

Now, if I could do it where the deck was sitting on ground that was out of level a couple inches then that changes everything.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #108  
Scooby074 said:
Yeah I'd like to know how "fussy" the deck alignment is in the real world too... If I would have to do it over flat concrete, then the QC wouldnt be that much of a benefit to me.

Now, if I could do it where the deck was sitting on ground that was out of level a couple inches then that changes everything.

I've seen it done on a lawn, but I would imagine the ground needs to be somewhat flat. I don't know that the ground being out of level, would make any real difference.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #109  
The issue for me with the JD autoconnect is when he deck is off the tractor. From what pic's I've seen, there's quite a bit of "machinery" that stays under the tractor and would reduce ground clearance and potentially get hung up or damaged when going off lawn. I take my SCUT into the woods quite a bit for firewood work so having highly calibrated stuff hanging down underneath would concern me. Could be wrong since I've not seen a JD 1 series with the autoconnect in person yet. I would settle for a drive over version of the Kubota deck.

I bought 4 of those triangular casters from a dollar store and just drop my deck onto them for installation / removal. Very easy to roll it under or or out from the tractor for installation on my concrete garage floor. I do still have to line up the two hangers on each side and hook up the PTO shaft, but it's not too hard.

Attachments

• swivel caster.jpg
    swivel caster.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 182
   / Kubota BX25D / BX70? #110  
You Kubota guys will defend your tractors to the end and then some! If you would take the time to actually look at a one series tractor and MMM it would become quite clear how the system works. The openings to line up the attachment parts are quite wide and will allow for more misalignment than a manual connect deck will allow. Yes I've owned a couple different brand manual connect decks before the AutoConnect and would never go back. I love the comment about reduced ground clearance do to MMM lift linkage! If it were Kubota, you guys would call that a "feature" to protect your vulnerable hydro fan!
6f1359ee.jpg

Now that I've said that, I still look forward to seeing the new BX on dealer lots. I need to get a few minutes on that impressive seat.