Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #111  
XSKIER said:
You Kubota guys will defend your tractors to the end and then some! If you would take the time to actually look at a one series tractor and MMM it would become quite clear how the system works. The openings to line up the attachment parts are quite wide and will allow for more misalignment than a manual connect deck will allow. Yes I've owned a couple different brand manual connect decks before the AutoConnect and would never go back. I love the comment about reduced ground clearance do to MMM lift linkage! If it were Kubota, you guys would call that a "feature" to protect your vulnerable hydro fan!

Now that I've said that, I still look forward to seeing the new BX on dealer lots. I need to get a few minutes on that impressive seat.

The hydro fan is not vunerable on a BX, it is something thenJd marketing guys have blown out of proportion. At least all everybody on here seems to be happy with their tractor:)

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #112  
You Kubota guys will defend your tractors to the end and then some! If you would take the time to actually look at a one series tractor and MMM it would become quite clear how the system works. The openings to line up the attachment parts are quite wide and will allow for more misalignment than a manual connect deck will allow. Yes I've owned a couple different brand manual connect decks before the AutoConnect and would never go back. I love the comment about reduced ground clearance do to MMM lift linkage! If it were Kubota, you guys would call that a "feature" to protect your vulnerable hydro fan!
6f1359ee.jpg

Now that I've said that, I still look forward to seeing the new BX on dealer lots. I need to get a few minutes on that impressive seat.

Oh, that's a bit much; my wife and I actually looked at the 1 Series and my posts are favorable to it, we just prefer the BX which kind of surprised me as I HATE the quarter inching 3PH and LOVE position control.

I do hope Kubota views their latest introduction to be an interim model as another poster says and they come up to the same level of features.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #113  
I am deeply touched over the concern shown by Kubota owners for John Deere users and the operational aspects of their machinery. It's a rare and deeply moving demonstration of real brotherhood when such good will transcends brand loyalty.

As far as where the shaft goes it doesn't go anywhere until that day when it finally goes to heaven. All John Deere's go to heaven. :D

:newhere:
Bwaahaahaaa. Now I know why I joined this blog.
I'm diein' right now.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #114  
I did read or hear somewhere that you can't hook up the front snowthrower if you have the auto connect deck. True or false?? I did drive the 1023 and I liked it and the main feature of the series is the auto connect deck. If the snowthrower can't be used because the 'thrower shaft hits the auto connect hardware, that would sway me to the Kubota BX. I do like both machines though and I am eager to see the 70 series BX models.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #115  
That is a good point. You've found the ultimate downfall of the auto PTO option, and brought it out for everyone to see. It does take some effort to go from MMM to front PTO operated implements. This may be a concern for those that use a front sweeper in the grass cutting season, but when a front snowblower is attached, usually grass cutting season is over. To remove the auto PTO carrier and MMM lift arms on the one series, just pull the four pins and disconnect the auto PTO shaft. Only you can decide if these four pins twice a year would negate any benefit of the no pin MMM attach and detach all summer long. For SCUT owners without a FEL, they'll never benefit. However for a SCUT owner like me, who does FEL chores in between MMM cuttings, AutoConnect can not be beat. Alas, AutoConnect will not knock Kabota or Massey out of the SCUT market, there are just too many buyers who don't care. Coyote? I guess their SCUT performance is yet to be seen.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #116  
XSKIER said:
Coyote? I guess their SCUT performance is yet to be seen.

I think the Kioti is just a orange New Holland.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #117  
Looks like Kubota did a pretty good job with their new improvements.:thumbsup: I personally am a Deere guy and have yet to own a Kubota but I may have one some day, who knows. That being said I see advantages and disadvantages with both models, it is the customer who will decide in the end which tractor will better suit their comforts/needs. One thing that has me curious is has Kubota done anything to address the hydrostatic fan shield? Also, why did Kubota choose the "BX25D"? What does the "D" stand for?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #118  
Interesting thread. My first purchase of a SCUT was 10 years ago. I bought a BX2200 MMM FEL. Never removed the deck, should have but never did. I say should have because I was pushing a bunch of cut trees in to a big pile on the side of a hill. While pushing from the upper side I got to confident I couldn't get stuck with the FEL on the tractor. Actually got the tractor up on the pile of trees where the tires got down thru the trees and the deck locked me in.:ashamed: Couldn't get deck off and couldn't get tractor off of the pile. Had a man coming with a dozer to do more clearing for me a few days later so told him to go get my tractor off of the trees when he came. He had a grin on his face but he got it off for me.
Actually green and blue made it real easy for me to make my decision and the easy on or off deck wouldn't have made any difference to me since green wanted $3000 more and blue wanted $2500 more. For that much difference they could have told me they'd come take it off and put it back on for me every time I wanted them to and it wouldn't have made a difference to me. Not for $3000 or $2500.:thumbdown:
Bottom line is how much difference in cost is the Orange, green or blue for you. Features cost and that's just a fact. What's the cost and then decide how much that cost means to you.
I've been told (by dealer) most SCUT buyers are for large residential lot owners who will never remove their deck or if they do it will be rare so the easy on-off will mean nothing to the majority of SCUT buyers. To those few that drop their deck at every opportunity they can find.....then to them it has value.
I'd guess Kubota added the D after BX25 to designate the new changes to the BX25 rather than call it a BX26. The BX25 is a familiar model with a great reputation so people will know it's a BX25/BX25D....same tractor with one having a few changes in some features. I also figure the D is indicating Diesel which also makes it easy to understand for the uninformed that the one with out the D is also a Diesel. Probably just a marketing decision.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #119  
Look at the 2013 deere 1025R that was a 1026R last year. If Kabota were to call its new TLB a "26" it may be subject to tier 4 emissions. If that was the case, you could kiss your $2500-$3000 savings goodbye! Emissions standards are less stringent on off road diesels 25hp and less. Also, expect to see the BX2660 morph into something else, a BX2560D perhaps?