Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #171  
not worth $300?

Again what is worth it? Not more HP, same HYD, same lift etc as a BX25. Just a new seat. $300 for you might be $1000 in the northeast too.

Most would not, in my eyes, unless they wanted the 0% APR to upgrade from a old weaker lawn mower. Case in point, somone with a Bx23/24/25 would be nuts to trade up...in my eyes.

What improvements have they made; am I missing something? I know the same ones by major ones????

Last edited:
   / Kubota BX25D / BX70? #172  
Is the folding ROPS on the new 70 series the same as the one on the Bx 25, reason I ask is I have to get one for my Bx2360 to be able to fit through my door on my shed.I took off the fixed ROPS that came on mine, not only for safety reasons but it just does'nt look right without one on it,like its not a tractor anymore just a big orange oversized lawnmower.:confused:

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #173  
Is the folding ROPS on the new 70 series the same as the one on the Bx 25, reason I ask is I have to get one for my Bx2360 to be able to fit through my door on my shed.I took off the fixed ROPS that came on mine, not only for safety reasons but it just does'nt look right without one on it,like its not a tractor anymore just a big orange oversized lawnmower.:confused:
I think the BX25 ROPS is completely different and will not fit other tractors.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #174  

I would be surprised if the ROPS off the 70 series wouldn't fit on the 60 series as the 70 series seems to be a slightly updated 60 series, from what I can see.The basic tractors are probably the same, as tractor evolution seems to be quite slow compared to say automobiles or motorcycles.I would be surprised if Kubota changed the basic dimensions of the frame geometry.The BX25 that I used to have was basically identical to my BX2360 other than the FEL,BH,turn around seat,and the higher ROPS to accommodate the backhoe seating.Without taking measurements I would guess both tractors have the same dimensions where the ROPS bolt on.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #175  

Too funny. I took off my ROPS 5 years ago on my bx24. Not needed in my apps (most times). Safety switches are gone too; to be more inline with my old BX22.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #176  
Again what is worth it? $300 for you might be $1000 in the northeast too.
I am in the North East. Its $300. (plus programming differences, right now Kubota is offering more cash on the older models)

Case in point, somone with a Bx23/24/25 would be nuts to trade up...in my eyes.

True, although that's always been the case with these things. Problem is major wiz bang stuff is just too expensive to engineer, and support.. and while people "want" it getting them to pay for it is a different story. Kubota does a great job of addressing the needs of the majority and providing that at an outstanding value. At times, I do feel like it makes them seem a bit plain when they don't mix stuff up more than they have.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #177  
Again what is worth it? $300 for you might be $1000 in the northeast too.
I am in the North East. Its $300. (plus programming differences, right now Kubota is offering more cash on the older models)

Case in point, somone with a Bx23/24/25 would be nuts to trade up...in my eyes.

True, although that's always been the case with these things. Problem is major wiz bang stuff is just too expensive to engineer, and support.. and while people "want" it getting them to pay for it is a different story. Kubota does a great job of addressing the needs of the majority and providing that at an outstanding value. At times, I do feel like it makes them seem a bit plain when they don't mix stuff up more than they have.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #178  
Just finished putting on the new Bx25 folding ROPS that I ordered for my Bx2360 to gain a few inches to fit through my shed door. It went on perfectly now it also looks like the new 70 series pictures with their new ROPS probably the same if the truth was known.:cool2::drink::cool2:

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #179  
Just finished putting on the new Bx25 folding ROPS that I ordered for my Bx2360 to gain a few inches to fit through my shed door. It went on perfectly now it also looks like the new 70 series pictures with their new ROPS probably the same if the truth was known.:cool2::drink::cool2:

It bolted on with no modification?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #180  
It bolted on with no modification?

That doesnt surprise me. These tractors share many components to keep costs down. What did the folding ROPS cost? I'd imagine it isnt cheap.