Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Default Re: Kubota BX25D / BX70?

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    If you have rust at all, it will grow and grow until it is removed and repainted.
    Btw, to retrofit the older loaders with the pin-on types of the new loader is not recommended. Front axle is beefier on the new ones and the attach brackets on the old ones are not strong enough. Also, it costs over a thousand dollars!!!!
    David, do I assume this info is from your dealer? Disappointing that the pin-on adapter would cost $1K+. Doubt they'll sell many aftermarket at that price, or with new machines unless significantly discounted. Hope to get to a dealer after the 1st to see the set up in person and talk with a salesman. The pin-on adapter and the factory backhoe thumb both really interested me in terms of retrofits. Oh well.
    Chris

2 acres and a mule, er, Kubota BX25, and too many other toys,er, tools to list.

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

I agree Paul. Your pic with PC coming off in sheets looks very familiar.

Its hard to beat good old fashioned paint, particularly epoxy. With proper surface prep it lasts a very long time and is super tough.Alot more money than cheap PC that any moron in the plant can apply.

Tractor
    Kubota B26, John deere X595

Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts View Post

Powder coating is GARBAGE! Used because its cheep and fast during the manufacturing process. No primer used or needed to apply. The only thing thats not powder coated on the Grand L's FEL is the cylinders and I've seen plenty of them around here peel. I have tooling and equipment here and lots of it most of which is either US/Canadian made and my equipment is very well cared for because I make my living with it and in all cases the powder coating failed. It peeled off in sheets. Yes in all cases. It's undiluted garbage. In some cases I've removed the powder coating and applied primer and paint via spray gun and never had an issue after.
    I've heard people say its good IF its "applied right " well EVERYTHING I have here and none of it have been applied right because its all peeled.

I've seen a BX 1800 here at my shop that I've converted into an ice resurfacer. The hood peeled, the floor board peeled and it was on there 1/8th thick. I've seen a BX 2200 do the same. I remember the 3rd function cover on my less than 200 hour kubota GL4240 peeling and having to get the powder coating off and repaint it. I have vehicle hoists, tire changers and snowblowers here I seen the same way. Powder coating is either garbage or EVERYTHING I have here has had it applied wrong and i doubt that very much.

Pictured is a Canadian built snow blower I had in the shop last week. Look at the powder coating on that! Yes its an extreme case and Yes it's a 6 year old unit BUT this is what happens when it do peel and not dealt with.....
    I can only speak for the equipment that I have. My B26, which is going on its 3rd year, does not have one bit of peeling, flaking or rust. My 2004 JD X595 also looks like new with zero rust or peeling, and my JD 1032D walk behind snow blower, which was my Dads and must be well over 20 years old, also is picture perfect. Granted, all my equipment is well cared for and is stored indoors. It never sits outside for any length of time, and never ever sits in the dirt.

A lot of people let their equipment sit outside on the dirt all year round, and then complain about the paint failing. What else can you expect? I'm not saying whether or not this is your case, I am just speaking in general.

I don't understand the fading issue though. My truck sits outside all year round and it doesn't fade, so why don't tractors have the same quality paint, at least on the hoods and fenders.
    2010 Kubota B26 TLB w/hyd thumb. 2004 John Deere X595 w/62" MMM.

Carl Bertuzzi

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Oh I'm sure that's what it is. No primer under it plus its thick. It's powder coat.

Powder coating is GARBAGE! Used because its cheep and fast during the manufacturing process. No primer used or needed to apply. The only thing thats not powder coated on the Grand L's FEL is the cylinders and I've seen plenty of them around here peel. I have tooling and equipment here and lots of it most of which is either US/Canadian made and my equipment is very well cared for because I make my living with it and in all cases the powder coating failed. It peeled off in sheets. Yes in all cases. It's undiluted garbage. In some cases I've removed the powder coating and applied primer and paint via spray gun and never had an issue after.
    I've heard people say its good IF its "applied right " well EVERYTHING I have here and none of it have been applied right because its all peeled.

I've seen a BX 1800 here at my shop that I've converted into an ice resurfacer. The hood peeled, the floor board peeled and it was on there 1/8th thick. I've seen a BX 2200 do the same. I remember the 3rd function cover on my less than 200 hour kubota GL4240 peeling and having to get the powder coating off and repaint it. I have vehicle hoists, tire changers and snowblowers here I seen the same way. Powder coating is either garbage or EVERYTHING I have here has had it applied wrong and i doubt that very much.

Pictured is a Canadian built snow blower I had in the shop last week. Look at the powder coating on that! Yes its an extreme case and Yes it's a 6 year old unit BUT this is what happens when it do peel and not dealt with.....
    I have one cylinder that the whole end at the gease fitting is about to break off and it has been that way since day one.

I think the cub cadet I used to own had the floor board and deck powder coated becauce it was starting to peel. I used some truck bed coating on the floorboard were your feet go to make it look good to get rid of.

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074 View Post
    I agree Paul. Your pic with PC coming off in sheets looks very familiar.

Its hard to beat good old fashioned paint, particularly epoxy. With proper surface prep it lasts a very long time and is super tough.Alot more money than cheap PC that any moron in the plant can apply.
    Manufactures didn't use powder coating because it was more expensive and lasted longer. They used it because its cheaper and faster to apply then out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Bert View Post
    I can only speak for the equipment that I have. My B26, which is going on its 3rd year, does not have one bit of peeling, flaking or rust. My 2004 JD X595 also looks like new with zero rust or peeling, and my JD 1032D walk behind snow blower, which was my Dads and must be well over 20 years old, also is picture perfect. Granted, all my equipment is well cared for and is stored indoors. It never sits outside for any length of time, and never ever sits in the dirt.

A lot of people let their equipment sit outside on the dirt all year round, and then complain about the paint failing. What else can you expect? I'm not saying whether or not this is your case, I am just speaking in general.

I don't understand the fading issue though. My truck sits outside all year round and it doesn't fade, so why don't tractors have the same quality paint, at least on the hoods and fenders.
    Your truck has a UV clear coating on it. Yes it will eventually fade but it will take years. My old 1993 GMC sits outside most of the time and it still has its Original paint. I can assure you, you'd have to travel far and wide to find anyone more particular than me. I've been know to wax my tire changer

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    I have one cylinder that the whole end at the gease fitting is about to break off and it has been that way since day one.

I think the cub cadet I used to own had the floor board and deck powder coated becauce it was starting to peel. I used some truck bed coating on the floorboard were your feet go to make it look good to get rid of.
    I think some stuff gets paint and some gets the powder coat. Might be something that gets sourced out to different suppliers. I've seen stuff siting on lots with the powder coating peeling. It can't last with quality like that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor

The good thing about a clear coat is it can be polished and made to look almost as good as new.

Tractor
    Kubota B26, John deere X595

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    The good thing about a clear coat is it can be polished and made to look almost as good as new.
    If thats all they need to do, I can't see why they wouldn't put a coat of clear coat at least on the tractor itself. I doubt the little difference in cost would stop anyone from making the purchase, but it very well may convince others to switch brands. I know I would certainly be interested in a tractor that didn't fade rust or peel, and wasn't made of plastic.
    2010 Kubota B26 TLB w/hyd thumb. 2004 John Deere X595 w/62" MMM.

Carl Bertuzzi

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Bert View Post
    If thats all they need to do, I can't see why they wouldn't put a coat of clear coat at least on the tractor itself. I doubt the little difference in cost would stop anyone from making the purchase, but it very well may convince others to switch brands. I know I would certainly be interested in a tractor that didn't fade rust or peel, and wasn't made of plastic.
    I don't know why they don't clear the tractors. It would keep down on the orange fade.

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

Actually when using clear coat it's expensive. After the base paint is applied the clear is mixed with hardener and then sprayed over the base paint BUT before you can spray the base paint you need to apply Primmer and that's an extra cost. Now do you see why manufactures use powder coating? No Primmer, no base and no clear coat. Just apply the powder and bake. They don't care if it fades. Really. They don't.
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor

Actually when using clear coat it's expensive. After the base paint is applied the clear is mixed with hardener and then sprayed over the base paint BUT before you can spray the base paint you need to apply Primmer and that's an extra cost. Now do you see why manufactures use powder coating? No Primmer, no base and no clear coat. Just apply the powder and bake. They don't care if it fades. Really. They don't.
    I think Carl was referring to clear coating painted parts of the tractor.

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast