Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #231  
I think Carl was referring to clear coating painted parts of the tractor.

Yep I know that BUT clear wont stick to just anything. You need to apply it to special base paint first. If its applied to regular paint guess what happens? It will peel like Saran Wrap.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #232  
I have seen some good results out clear being sprayed on paint that was not base coat clear coat. Someone on here just had a L3800 cleared.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #233  
Why dont we have clear coated tractors? Cost. And difficulty of application. Spraying tractors with any kind of liquid paint would require trained applicators who'd demand to be paid appropriately(or very expensive robots I suppose). Electrostatic PC almost "paints" itself.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #234  
   / Kubota BX25D / BX70? #235  
I have seen some good results out clear being sprayed on paint that was not base coat clear coat. Someone on here just had a L3800 cleared.

Oh the results will look good at first but it won't last. I've been doing custom restorations for years (see my link at bottom of my sig) and in that time I've experimented with many types of paints and clears. I've yet to see clear last for very long when applied to a none base paint. Just say'in. :confused3:

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #237  
I probably couldn't find my tractor in the woods if it was painted clear.

:)

Bruce
:thumbsup:

It's not a tractor yet, but invisibility cloaks are coming. Try to find your tractor if it was wearing that;)

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #238  
:thumbsup:

It's not a tractor yet, but invisibility cloaks are coming. Try to find your tractor if it was wearing that;)

You could make a tractor cover with it.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #239  
Oh the results will look good at first but it won't last. I've been doing custom restorations for years (see my link at bottom of my sig) and in that time I've experimented with many types of paints and clears. I've yet to see clear last for very long when applied to a none base paint. Just say'in. :confused3:

I understand, you are just sharing your own personal observations/ experiences like I was. No hard feelings.:thumbsup:

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #240  
I understand, you are just sharing your own personal observations/ experiences like I was. No hard feelings.:thumbsup:

No my friend. Not at all. The clear is the way to go if it was cost effective and fast to apply. Unfortunately it isn't. Everything I restore or build for show is base/cleared. Once its cleared I go and wet sand it all then start the buffing and man it's flawless and lasts. :dance1: That being said IF I was to paint my tractor I would use a good quality epoxy primer and a good urethane paint. Here is just two examples of me using the base clear coat process.

s1.jpg

s1b.jpg

After sanding and buffing clear coat.

tank1a-1.jpg