Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #242  
No my friend. Not at all. The clear is the way to go if it was cost effective and fast to apply. Unfortunately it isn't. Everything I restore or build for show is base/cleared. Once its cleared I go and wet sand it all then start the buffing and man it's flawless and lasts. :dance1: That being said IF I was to paint my tractor I would use a good quality epoxy primer and a good urethane paint. Here is just two examples of me using the base clear coat process.

After sanding and buffing clear coat.

Yes , urethane would be the way to go.The stuff looks good.

Last edited:
   / Kubota BX25D / BX70? #243  
Don't know if it has already been mentioned, but the BX25D moniker is not new to the new 70 series just because it is on the loader arm sticker in the pictures. My 2008 era BX25 shows "BX25D" on the serial number sticker on the frame and also shows BX25D on the operators manual. I am sure if other 60 series BX25 owners look you will see the same thing. Just pointing that out.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #244  
Don't know if it has already been mentioned, but the BX25D moniker is not new to the new 70 series just because it is on the loader arm sticker in the pictures. My 2008 era BX25 shows "BX25D" on the serial number sticker on the frame and also shows BX25D on the operators manual. I am sure if other 60 series BX25 owners look you will see the same thing. Just pointing that out.

I have noticed if you google BX25D that a BX will pop up. I am not sure what the "D" designates. My L4240 says L4240D on the serail number tag. I will have to look at me BX and see what the serial number tag says.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #245  
I have noticed if you google BX25D that a BX will pop up. I am not sure what the "D" designates. My L4240 says L4240D on the serail number tag. I will have to look at me BX and see what the serial number tag says.

Roger its the same with the 5740. It has the D in the serial number tag as well. I just assumed it stood for diesel :confused3:

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #246  
:thumbsup:

I am not sure what to label this, a BX25D or a BX70.

I see a different seat, what do you wanna bet it works better
than the BX25 seat, which I dislike. We shall see eventually.
The seat has a higher back and arm rests.

I also see a bolt on toolbox deal.

I see a BH adjustable thumb. I am not sure if I see a different
bracketry / geometry set up at the BH bucket or not...

Not sure if the BH bucket is wider than 12" or not.

Obvious sticker on FEL

What else do you see different?

I've been looking at this same model. Nice looking machine. It's got a 12" bucket on the backhoe. Also noticed a small guard under the HST fan. My friends at the dealer said the FEL quick change wouldn't be available until late February and the tool box and the thumb in two weeks.

For those who have the BX25. Are you happy with it? How does the backhoe perform in gravel with some rock? Every video I've seen shows these little gems working in top soil or sand. Tonka could work well in that material.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    867.7 KB · Views: 521
   / Kubota BX25D / BX70? #247  
That fan guard isn't new, I bought one 2 years ago for my bx2350. I'm interested in the QA, price will help me decide between Kubota's or after market one.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #248  
David, do I assume this info is from your dealer? Disappointing that the pin-on adapter would cost $1K+. Doubt they'll sell many aftermarket at that price, or with new machines unless significantly discounted. Hope to get to a dealer after the 1st to see the set up in person and talk with a salesman. The pin-on adapter and the factory backhoe thumb both really interested me in terms of retrofits. Oh well.

The quick coupler is not a $1000?!? Its about 1/3 that.

I've always heard that part of the reason powder coating is becoming so common is EPA rules for VOC emissions.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #249  
The quick coupler is not a $1000?!? Its about 1/3 that.

:thumbsup: That's good news. Much more affordable at that price. Do you know if it can be put on a 60 series BX? I curious to see if they upped the pressure rating on the 70 series a bit to compensate for the reduced leveraged the pin-on adapter would cause? The Canadian spec's showed the same lift rating of the FEL to full heigh (518 lbs) IIRC.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #250  
no spec changes that I am aware of. There is now an "A" Designation for the loader and a flag saying not to use the coupler on the older loaders. That said, I'm 99% sure it will fit.