Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #251  
no spec changes that I am aware of. There is now an "A" Designation for the loader and a flag saying not to use the coupler on the older loaders. That said, I'm 99% sure it will fit.

Now I am drooling ! I am thinking that a QA on FEL would be reaaaally nice. maybe I can ask santa next year for it. :drool:

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70?
I've been looking at this same model. Nice looking machine. It's got a 12" bucket on the backhoe. Also noticed a small guard under the HST fan. My friends at the dealer said the FEL quick change wouldn't be available until late February and the tool box and the thumb in two weeks.

For those who have the BX25. Are you happy with it? How does the backhoe perform in gravel with some rock? Every video I've seen shows these little gems working in top soil or sand. Tonka could work well in that material.

4Shorts I am impressed w/ the performance of the BH.
One chore I did was to sawcut 3" thick asphalt, the BH
then FEL w/ toothbar made for a quick removal. It was about
7' x 8' square.

Under the Asphalt was 10-12" of compacted base, went
right thru it, then I went down 5' ending up w/ a hole almost
big enough to bury the machine. There was the ocassional
10" - 12" rock along the way.

A full size hoe it is not, but you will RUN to use the BX25
before teh Kioti Killer I bet! There really fun.

If it were me, I wait just a bit and get the latest and greatest...
Unless you can get the old flavor for a song...

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #253  
4Shorts I am impressed w/ the performance of the BH.
One chore I did was to sawcut 3" thick asphalt, the BH
then FEL w/ toothbar made for a quick removal. It was about
7' x 8' square.

Under the Asphalt was 10-12" of compacted base, went
right thru it, then I went down 5' ending up w/ a hole almost
big enough to bury the machine. There was the ocassional
10" - 12" rock along the way.

A full size hoe it is not, but you will RUN to use the BX25
before teh Kioti Killer I bet! There really fun.

If it were me, I wait just a bit and get the latest and greatest...
Unless you can get the old flavor for a song...

Thanks my friend. Appreciate your input. Thats impressive work you've done with that machine.
I could get a backhoe for Killer but its have the cost of the BX and then its to large to go where I want to go plus the fact that Killer got a cab and it don't make any sense to me to have to leave a warm or AC cooled cab and sit out in the open on a backhoe attachment. If you have to move (and you will) then it's climb back down and get in the cab again.
They have the new BX25D at our dealer now and I like it. I really don't need it until the spring and if I buy it now then its running on warranty time and not being used. I haven't heard of much going wrong with them as it is so I'm still on the fence trying to decide.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    951.7 KB · Views: 1,337
   / Kubota BX25D / BX70? #254  
That fan guard isn't new, I bought one 2 years ago for my bx2350. I'm interested in the QA, price will help me decide between Kubota's or after market one.

I didn't know if it was a new addition or not. It's only a guard by a technicality. If I get a BX I'll be fabricating a full bottom skid before it goes in service.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #255  
   / Kubota BX25D / BX70? #256  
I've always heard that part of the reason powder coating is becoming so common is EPA rules for VOC emissions.

Sooo.....now not only we have to have all the emissions stuff on our tractors, but we can't have paint that will stick either...:confused2: :(

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #257  
A Kubota or other brand mini-excavator is probably a better way to go depending on the tasks. Way better for excavating. The K008 is BX sized and they go up in size from there. I don't think the price of a K008 is all that different than a BX25. You probably should price them at least before getting a BX25.

Kubota Tractor Corporation - Construction Equipment | KX Series | K008-3 Ultra-Compact Excavator

I agree but for me I need something that travels faster than 2 mph. That's a nice little unit but up here it starts at $23000 . :shocked: the wife would kill me :eek:
That being said I just ordered a new BX25D with thumb (to be modified) a tool kit (to be modified) and a QC attachment for the bucket (modification to be determined) :laughing:

Sooo.....now not only we have to have all the emissions stuff on our tractors, but we can't have paint that will stick either...:confused2: :(

Next thing we'll be told to do is limit our idling time while on our tractors :thumbdown:

Last edited:
   / Kubota BX25D / BX70? #258  
That being said I just ordered a new BX25D with thumb (to be modified) a took kit (to be modified) and a QC attachment for the bucket (modification to be determined) :laughing:
:

As a fellow Bx25 owner I can hardly wait to see the list of mods coming now that you own one!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #259  
As a fellow Bx25 owner I can hardly wait to see the list of mods coming now that you own one!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Shush. Don't say that to loud. I told da wife this one didn't need any mods :rolleyes: She believed me :laughing:

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #260  
I just ordered a new BX25D with thumb (to be modified) a tool kit (to be modified) and a QC attachment for the bucket (modification to be determined) :laughing:

I think you'll be pleased with the BX. A neighbor's well worn BX22 that he got after years of farm duty is what convinced me to go with Kubota when I was ready to trade up from a subcompact Case DX24E to a compact machine. That little BX with 500 hours ran circles around my DX24 back in 04.