Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #261  

That being said I just ordered a new BX25D with thumb (to be modified) a tool kit (to be modified) and a QC attachment for the bucket (modification to be determined) :laughing:

Congrats, I guess you will be the first person on TBN with a 70 series BX.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #262  
I think you'll be pleased with the BX. A neighbor's well worn BX22 that he got after years of farm duty is what convinced me to go with Kubota when I was ready to trade up from a subcompact Case DX24E to a compact machine. That little BX with 500 hours ran circles around my DX24 back in 04.

One thing for sure is after spending half my life operating Hugh heavy equipment when I worked in an iron Orr mine I won't find this to large :laughing: About five months ago a customer of ours bought a new BX25 based on my recommendation from the guys I always deal with at Kubota. He was after having heart surgery and needed something to help him out with snow clearing and general yard work. When it got delivered to his house he called all excited and asked me to drop by and have a look. After seeing his the seed was planted and I realized just how handy these little gems are. When the BX25D came along there was something that caught my eye about it so the wife said "get it for your birthday" The rest is now history :D

Congrats, I guess you will be the first person on TBN with a 70 series BX.

Thanks man. I never thought of it that way. Every Christmas our Kubota dealer comes out from the city and drops by for a visit and a gift to us. Last week when he dropped by he had a grin on his face and said "I got something to show you" then he took out a brochure on the new 6060 and asked " you getting one"? I said not likely with only 80 hours on our 5740 BUT I might look at a BX25D. I knew I shouldn't have let that guy in the shop ;)

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #263  
4Shorts, congrat's on expecting your next addition. :laughing: When is the new baby due? Can't wait to see more of your high res photo's. What ya gonna name this one? Deere killer? Mini Kioti Killer? Like said, can't wait to see the mod's you make. Somehow I think you buying a BX25D is going to cost me money. :confused2:

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #264  
Thanks man. I never thought of it that way. Every Christmas our Kubota dealer comes out from the city and drops by for a visit and a gift to us. Last week when he dropped by he had a grin on his face and said "I got something to show you" then he took out a brochure on the new 6060 and asked " you getting one"? I said not likely with only 80 hours on our 5740 BUT I might look at a BX25D. I knew I shouldn't have let that guy in the shop ;)

The new 6060 is a really nice looking tractor. Did you ask how much the fender mounted LEDs were on the BX25D?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #266  
4Shorts, congrat's on expecting your next addition. :laughing: When is the new baby due? Can't wait to see more of your high res photo's. What ya gonna name this one? Deere killer? Mini Kioti Killer? Like said, can't wait to see the mod's you make. Somehow I think you buying a BX25D is going to cost me money. :confused2:

I think I'll call it "Lil Killer" I just hope it don't get bullied by any Kioti's because of its father :laughing: I'll know more on the expected delivery date on Monday. They got some stuff ordered for it so I I told them to leave the tractor on there show room floor until they get it all together. I'll snap a few pics of the actual tractor Monday and post them. Ya I got a few ideas on the mods. Some I think guys might find interesting. Oh man I hope it don't cost you money :eek:

The new 6060 is a really nice looking tractor. Did you ask how much the fender mounted LEDs were on the BX25D?

I had a very quick look at the brochure while the salesman was in our office and I didn't see anything about it that would make me want to trade but your right, its still a nice machine. No didn't check on the light kit but I'll ask about them Monday and see about the cost. I'd like to get some wheel weights and rubber pads to go on the hoes outriggers.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #268  
I had a very quick at the brochure while the salesman was in our office and I didn't see anything about it that would make me want to trade but your right, its still a nice machine. No didn't check on the light kit but I'll ask about them Monday and see about the cost. I'd like to get some wheel weights and rubber pads to go on the hoes outriggers.

I think the new Grand L60's are real nice looking. One thing I like about them is the power up button. I wish the L40's had that. Somebody posted on here that the loader was a LA1XXX, I don't know if it will be stronger the LA854. If you run wheel weights on a BX you can't run fluid in the tires. The wheel weights are the same that alot of lawn mower manufacturers use. I had a set of wheel weights on my Cub Cadet, I did not like them cause they stuck past the tires and were in the way alot of the time.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #269  
I think the new Grand L60's are real nice looking. One thing I like about them is the power up button. I wish the L40's had that. Somebody posted on here that the loader was a LA1XXX, I don't know if it will be stronger the LA854. If you run wheel weights on a BX you can't run fluid in the tires. The wheel weights are the same that alot of lawn mower manufacturers use. I had a set of wheel weights on my Cub Cadet, I did not like them cause they stuck past the tires and were in the way alot of the time.

I hear what your saying about the 6060. I just don't like that tier 4 system. I like to keep things simple and that's not simple. I just noticed the wheel weights on the BX25. I don't like it either. They really do stick out a lot. I'll try it with out weight first. I don't need the machine for mowing so no mid mower. Just loader and back hoe work once in awhile.
The optional lights for the fenders are nice but I wonder how hard its going to be to break them off in that location?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 418
   / Kubota BX25D / BX70? #270  
I hear what your saying about the 6060. I just don't like that tier 4 system. I like to keep things simple and that's not simple. I just noticed the wheel weights on the BX25. I don't like it either. They really do stick out a lot. I'll try it with out weight first. I don't need the machine for mowing so no mid mower. Just loader and back hoe work once in awhile.
The optional lights for the fenders are nice but I wonder how hard its going to be to break them off in that location?

I understand about keeping something simple. The wheel weights on my Cub Cadet were bad in the snow and you had to watch what you were doing or you could run them up over something. I had never thought about damaging the light but it does look like they could get bumped into when you get on or off.