Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #321  
As far as I know, the 25 haws always had 745lbs lift.

Comparing the loader specs on the old 25 and the D (from Chris' link), they look exactly the same!! I still wonder why some are saying the QC is not compatible? Doesnt make any sense?

Yeah, 745 lbs at the pins, 518 lbs 500 mm forward of the pins - looks the same as now. But, since the quick attach is an option, I'm thinking these numbers are without the QA FEL mounted. They should have a note saying so, but I didn't see one.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #323  
We are told the boom on the new model is build heavier for the QA. I'd also suspect it would be fine on the older model. You gotta understand these guys, they put a pencil to every change they make and will calculate every possible impact.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #324  
We are told the boom on the new model is build heavier for the QA. I'd also suspect it would be fine on the older model. You gotta understand these guys, they put a pencil to every change they make and will calculate every possible impact.

Was told the same info from my dealer when he was at the introduction expo. The crossmember round tube was made thicker to keep the FEL from twisting when using the pallet forks. Which made really good sence as a pallet can be loaded heavy to one side and cause twist.

Chris

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #325  
Was told the same info from my dealer when he was at the introduction expo. The crossmember round tube was made thicker to keep the FEL from twisting when using the pallet forks. Which made really good sence as a pallet can be loaded heavy to one side and cause twist.

Chris

Can't imagine that a bucket when digging doesn't put some serious twisting stresses on the loader when one corner of the bucket catches on harder material than the other - happens pretty regularly with mine. Then there's the new plow blade that can cause more stresses on the loader arms. I'm sure they've beefed up the new loader, but since I haven't heard much about existing BX loaders breaking, I'd have to think they've essentially just increased their already high safety margin

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #326  
Hi 4Shorts,
I've been lurking for just over a year now, but figured I'd sign on to get involved with this great forum. I have a BX25 I bought almost two years ago at NL Kubota and I have added many upgrades to this great little machine. I am in Clarenville so pm me or check the phone book for my number and give me a call next time you happen to be headed out this way. You can see what I have done and take whatever measurements you want as I know you can make pretty much whatever you want.
Just off the top of my head, I have both skid plates, a ripper tooth and ditching spade, wheel spacers, LED lights, steering guard, thumb, landscaping tooth bar, Stebbel air horn (like my motorcycle), shims added to increase hydraulic pressure, 3 point hitch, ballast box. etc.
Looking forward to seeing what additions you come up with for these machines!
Regards,
Gary O'Connor
Clarenville, NL

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #327  
I'd have to think they've essentially just increased their already high safety margin

Thats exactly what it is. Like I said, you can't get them to do anything without putting a pencil to all possible impacts. Its part of why their quality is so good.. but its also kinda a pain sometimes.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #328  
Hi 4Shorts,
I've been lurking for just over a year now, but figured I'd sign on to get involved with this great forum. I have a BX25 I bought almost two years ago at NL Kubota and I have added many upgrades to this great little machine. I am in Clarenville so pm me or check the phone book for my number and give me a call next time you happen to be headed out this way. You can see what I have done and take whatever measurements you want as I know you can make pretty much whatever you want.
Just off the top of my head, I have both skid plates, a ripper tooth and ditching spade, wheel spacers, LED lights, steering guard, thumb, landscaping tooth bar, Stebbel air horn (like my motorcycle), shims added to increase hydraulic pressure, 3 point hitch, ballast box. etc.
Regards,
Gary O'Connor
Clarenville, NL

Gary, now you cant invite only one member to share your BX25 with. You need to share with the rest of us as well. We all love to see pics and upgrades as well. Please share.

Thanks Chris

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #329  
Hi 4Shorts,
Regards,
Gary O'Connor
Clarenville, NL

Hi Gary. First of all welcome to the site. It's a great place to be if your a tractor owner. I hang around here way to much :laughing:
I get out your way once In awhile but its always in the summer time. At times we'll ride out on the bike and other times in the Mustang. Sounds like you've got a lot of cool mods done there to Your BX. Although I told the guys at NL Kubota to leave mine on the show room floor at least til March I'm busy building things for the little guy as we speak.

In the past when Id do custom work on my 5740 I've put up individuals threads on each mod but with the BX25D I think I'll just get'er done and do a video on it all to eliminate all the yawning and falling asleep by the other TBN members :laughing:

Thanks for the offer to check yours out. I'll look you up when I get out your way. If you get out to Bay Roberts the same offer applies to you as well.

In the mean time post some photos of your machine. We are all photo hungry on this site. The more photos the better. :thumbsup:
Cheers. Paul

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #330  
4shorts when do u get the bx 25d how do you like it