Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #331  
4shorts when do u get the bx 25d how do you like it

Well we bought the BX25D on New Year's Eve. It really was a birthday gift from my wife. When we made the deal we bought the unit with all the newest options that the machine had to offer such as the QC bucket, back hoe thumb and tool kit but none of the options were available at that time plus I didn't need the tractor until spring so I bought the one on the show room floor and told the guys to leave it there until March or until all the options showed up for it including a hew Wallinstien wood chipper/shredder that's in there now.
As far as liking it. I'm sure I'll like it. I haven't heard of one BX owner that didn't like there's but I'll be sure to give a product review of the little guy when I get a few hours on it. I also plan on doing a number of videos on it as well so stay tuned :)

Just in case you missed it. These are the actual photos of the tractor in the show room

bx2_zps64024df3.jpg

bx1_zpsc6257d65.jpg

New chipper/shredder

21c03097e93a07d955982cd73fd2f705.jpg

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #332  
We are told the boom on the new model is build heavier for the QA. I'd also suspect it would be fine on the older model. You gotta understand these guys, they put a pencil to every change they make and will calculate every possible impact.

But did they confirm that you cannot use the QC on the older BX25's?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #333  
I have purchased the quick attach and forks from my dealer to use on a BX1850. I have not installed it yet, since I am still in snowblower season (24'' 2 weeks ago, and it worked flawlessly). He told me that it would fit, but is not recommended, since the new loader was beefed up in some capacity, but he couldn't specify how; they really look identical. I expressed that I would probably not have more than 300lbs on it ever, and he thought that would never be a problem, but of course I was on my own; I took a chance and he sold it to me. I am going to use it to palletize my attachments and move them around (snowblower, mower deck, grass catcher, etc.), carry brush and things like that. It should be very handy. I doubt the bx has enough hydraulic power to break anything anyways, but I guess i will find out. I suppose the real reinforcement will come out at some point, and I can weld some in myself. By the way, it was cheaper than any of the aftermarket set ups that I found, and looks to be more rugged; at least the forks are.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #334  
. By the way, it was cheaper than any of the aftermarket set ups that I found, and looks to be more rugged; at least the forks are.

JHill, what were the parts and prices that you purchased? I was thinking of taking my chances also. Thanks-

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #335  
Speaking of acquiring new BX-70 series accessories for use with earlier models, has anyone seen or heard of the new Kubota BX thumb being available for sale independent of a new BX25D? I'm very interested in looking at one for my BX25, but haven't found any leads so far. Thanks.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #336  
Speaking of acquiring new BX-70 series accessories for use with earlier models, has anyone seen or heard of the new Kubota BX thumb being available for sale independent of a new BX25D? I'm very interested in looking at one for my BX25, but haven't found any leads so far. Thanks.

I think bxpanded has a thumb for the older bx's.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #337  
By the way, it was cheaper than any of the aftermarket set ups that I found, and looks to be more rugged; at least the forks are.

You know its not true with out pics.Installed or not we need pics.LOL

Chris

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #338  
JHill, what were the parts and prices that you purchased? I was thinking of taking my chances also. Thanks-

bx 6315 ....... quick hitch
bx 6314 ....... frame and forks

total of $930, I don't have the breakdown of each, but I think the quick hitch itself was around $300.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #340  

The problem with adding the new OEM thumb to an older BX24/25 is that the new BX25D hoe comes with the mounting bosses already welded onto the dipper stick. You would have to have equivalent bosses welded onto your current BX, or buy a whole new dipper stick at substantial cost I would assume. Not an easy upgrade vs the FEL quick hitch.