Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #31  
I really was hoping for an auto connect deck. They say they didn't do the drive over deck because it cuts down on the decks ground clearance. Bigger tires adds ground clearance. I know its not that simple, but I am sure it can be done.

Of course they can do it. Deere has the QC mower on their three series fercryinoutloud so ground clearance hasn't anything to do with with it. You can bet they have it in the works.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #32  
Ya gotta love the marketers. That linked article is hilarious. JD doesn't have this. JD doesn't have that. While shopping for a SCUT all I heard from Kubota was the insignificance of all the new Deere features. Oh it's amazing how companies CTA by playing down the features of the other side while trying to get the shoe on the other foot. And everyone does it. Are they oblivious to their transparency? LOL Kudos to Kubota though, they didn't waste any time. The next move by Deere should be interesting. I'm betting they'll up the ante with something and likely also include all the goodies in their 2 series. This is the kind of thing that we all benefit from.

We own a John Deere SCUT, 2305 and 2 BX's; while we prefer Kubota, I don't see the "new" BX measuring up to the features on the 1026R, no mention of position control or real HST transmission cooler etc. I don't think JD has any reason to "up the ante" yet.

I do agree that we all benefit from improvements made by all brands.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #33  
We own a John Deere SCUT, 2305 and 2 BX's; while we prefer Kubota, I don't see the "new" BX measuring up to the features on the 1026R, no mention of position control or real HST transmission cooler etc. I don't think JD has any reason to "up the ante" yet.

Maybe. But I see these measures by Kubota as a quick and not too difficult response while they work on a move that will leap frog the green and yellow. Surely Deere knows this and isn't sitting idly by. Look I just bought a 1026r, but I bought it knowing that next year or the year after that something would be out that is nicer. That's just the way it works. And I'm glad if for not other reason than it presents a fine test of will power, if you know what I mean.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #34  
Maybe. But I see these measures by Kubota as a quick and not too difficult response while they work on a move that will leap frog the green and yellow. Surely Deere knows this and isn't sitting idly by. Look I just bought a 1026r, but I bought it knowing that next year or the year after that something would be out that is nicer. That's just the way it works. And I'm glad if for not other reason than it presents a fine test of will power, if you know what I mean.

I'm sure the top manufacturers pretty much stay in R&D mode, but there comes a point where we as consumers simply refuse to pay the price necessary to get the latest and greatest. My BX2660 or the new JD1026R won't really do anything my nine year old BX2200 won't, so for a lot of people the cost the manufacturers will have to charge to cover the cost is not worth it, so they have to strike a balance. I have no doubt both JD and Kubota as well as others could design and build a great, feature laden machine in the SCUT class beyond our wildest dreams; problem would be selling it.

I hope the new BX is just a stop gap measure on the way to parity with the 1026R, but looking at the price these things are bringing has pretty much convinced me to just keep my present machines no matter what anyone comes out with.

Just my thoughts and I could very well be way off the mark.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #35  
I'm sure the top manufacturers pretty much stay in R&D mode, but there comes a point where we as consumers simply refuse to pay the price necessary to get the latest and greatest. My BX2660 or the new JD1026R won't really do anything my nine year old BX2200 won't, so for a lot of people the cost the manufacturers will have to charge to cover the cost is not worth it, so they have to strike a balance. I have no doubt both JD and Kubota as well as others could design and build a great, feature laden machine in the SCUT class beyond our wildest dreams; problem would be selling it.

I hope the new BX is just a stop gap measure on the way to parity with the 1026R, but looking at the price these things are bringing has pretty much convinced me to just keep my present machines no matter what anyone comes out with.

Just my thoughts and I could very well be way off the mark.

You bring up some good points about marketability--this is a business. But it is also a matter of field leadership and ego. I have no doubt that Kubota is going to match Deere with a little extra. But no company is going to re-write everything if they don't have to. The automotive industry stage their improvements--normally years in advance--and introduce them according to well designed plans. That's why competition is good for things. It forces them to move a bit quicker.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #36  
I guess I am missing something on this auto connect deck. I don't see it as a big feature. Doesn't it cost more on a Deere? Are people to lazy to pull 3 spring loaded pins and a PTO shaft? I can have my deck off in 2 or 3 min. I would like to see how well the auto connect deck works on the Deere. How high does the deck pick up on the Deere? I know one thing that Deere brags up is the hydraulic oil cooler. I was thinking yesterday that in years to come that thing will be leaking and the fan on the BX will still functioning properly. For a smaller tractor I think the fan is better, It has been on lawn mowers since the 60's.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #37  
"Are people to lazy to pull 3 spring loaded pins and a PTO shaft?"

Or shift from first gear to second, then third and so forth?

"It has been on lawn mowers since the 60's."

Why have HST's? Gear shifts were on tractors from the beginning.

"I don't see it as a big feature. Doesn't it cost more on a Deere?"

It does cost more but it's an option and you don't have to get it. Should it be discontinued because you don't need it? I find it slick and innovative. Why get down on your hands and knees in wet grass after a rain to hook up the mower if you don't have to? Why get out of your tractor seat to drop the mower and attach a tiller? If the use of modern innovative features were a matter of laziness, rather than productivity and time saving, then farming would still be a matter of 40 acres and a mule.

Just sayin

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #38  
For those of us getting a little long in the tooth a auto connect feature is well worth the money. Either of my sons can remove or attach the MMM in a couple of minutes.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #39  
For those of us getting a little long in the tooth a auto connect feature is well worth the money. Either of my sons can remove or attach the MMM in a couple of minutes.

Boy do I hear ya on that one. Mine are getting so long I've considered filing them down a bit. :D

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #40