Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #41  
Speaking of innovation and the introduction of new features and when and why they are released, companies are not necessarily willing to do what they are capable of doing. Now this is conjecture, but take the auto connect feature on the Deere. It's available on the 1 series and the 3 series but not the 2 series. Why not? Because the low power end of the 2 series is close enough to 1026 that it would cut into their 1 series sales. Being a new product they held off on the 2 in order not to cut into the sales of their own new product. You think Deere couldn't have done this on the 2 series? Oh yeah they could have. The 3 series has it because it offers no competition for the 1 series so there was no threat there. I, for one, would have gone with a 2 series if it offered the same features. All companies play these games and it ticks me off.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #42  
Yep, the line between BX and B as well as 1 and 2 Series John Deere is often blurred. If we didn't have other tractors, I would have gone with the next size up such as the B2630/3030. The local JD dealerships kept me from buying another Deere, well that and my wife says she won't allow another one on the place.:eek:

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #43  
MarkChambers said:
"Are people to lazy to pull 3 spring loaded pins and a PTO shaft?"

Or shift from first gear to second, then third and so forth?

"It has been on lawn mowers since the 60's."

Why have HST's? Gear shifts were on tractors from the beginning.

"I don't see it as a big feature. Doesn't it cost more on a Deere?"

It does cost more but it's an option and you don't have to get it. Should it be discontinued because you don't need it? I find it slick and innovative. Why get down on your hands and knees in wet grass after a rain to hook up the mower if you don't have to? Why get out of your tractor seat to drop the mower and attach a tiller? If the use of modern innovative features were a matter of laziness, rather than productivity and time saving, then farming would still be a matter of 40 acres and a mule.

Just sayin

I would take my deck of on a concrete floor. Since you brougt it up about the wet grass try auto connect deck on a uneven peice of ground. Did you get a auto connect pto shaft?

I would have to see the auto connect deck work in the real world before I become a beliver. I think i could get the deck on my bx just about as fast as the auto connect. How often does a deck have to come off anyway, its not like it is a 3PH implelment. You dont have to drop the mower to attach the tiller. I got my bx in the summer. The deck has been off once and that was becuase I waxxed it when I got it. I am going to mow for the last time this year this week and I will take it off for winter.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #44  
TripleR said:
The local JD dealerships kept me from buying another Deere, well that and my wife says she won't allow another one on the place.:eek:

I would not buy a lynch pin off of mine. I have had bad experiences at 2 of them.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #45  
I would take my deck of on a concrete floor.

I'll take mine on and off from the seat thank you.

Since you brougt it up about the wet grass try auto connect deck on a uneven peice of ground.

Why would anyone hook up a standard connect on uneven ground?

Did you get a auto connect pto shaft?

I got a 1026r with a 7 Iron MMM with auto connect. And I watched it work--the very tractor I bought--half a dozen times. Drive on, drive off. Slicker than you know what. No problems

How often does a deck have to come off anyway, its not like it is a 3PH implelment.

That, of course, is entirely subjective and based on individual needs and preference. Mine will be going on and off a good bit next summer.

I would not buy a lynch pin off of mine. I have had bad experiences at 2 of them.

Too bad. This is an ag area and dealers can't afford bad behavior. I have Kubota, Deere and NH/Kioti dealers close and I haven't heard one thing bad about any of them. All top notch reputations.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #46  

That's the way we were with ours, but now have a pretty good John Deere dealership. They put a new engine in our 2305 this summer; had to get a short block and build it up with parts off our old one as a whole engine was not available. It didn't cost us a cent. We had already switched to Kubotas though and have a great relationship with them.

And as I mentioned, when my wife sees a John Deere, she sees red not green.:laughing:

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #47  
I'll take mine on and off from the seat thank you.

Your still going to need a good level surface was the point I was trying to make. You were talking about getting your pants wet in the grass.

Why would anyone hook up a standard connect on uneven ground?

I got a 1026r with a 7 Iron MMM with auto connect. And I watched it work--the very tractor I bought--half a dozen times. Drive on, drive off. Slicker than you know what. No problems

While it is new it will work. Let it get some age and wear and tear and see how it works.

That, of course, is entirely subjective and based on individual needs and preference. Mine will be going on and off a good bit next summer.

It's not like you are going to be mowing and half ways through Oh I need to take my deck of so I can go make a trail through the woods and put put my deck back on when I am done. The deck is the kind of thing you will take off and leave off until is is needed again. It is not like a 3PH were you may need a box blade then a scraper blabe then a landscape rake all in the same job.

Too bad. This is an ag area and dealers can't afford bad behavior. I have Kubota, Deere and NH/Kioti dealers close and I haven't heard one thing bad about any of them. All top notch reputations.
1.Your still going to need a good level surface was the point I was trying to make. You were talking about getting your pants wet in the grass.

3.While it is new it will work. Let it get some age and wear and tear and see how it works.

4.It's not like you are going to be mowing and half ways through Oh I need to take my deck of so I can go make a trail through the woods and put put my deck back on when I am done. The deck is the kind of thing you will take off and leave off until is is needed again. It is not like a 3PH were you may need a box blade then a scraper blabe then a landscape rake all in the same job.

5.I went to look at JD's before I got the Bobcat. The guy put me on a 2520. They had a small area that had chain link fence around it with all the tractors in it. I was starting to turn the wheel and back out of the row and the salesman thought it was good idea to take his hand and mash the reverse hydro pedal to the floor to show without me knowing to show me how fast it would stop. I nearly ran over him and I could have ran into another tractor.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #48  
1.Your still going to need a good level surface was the point I was trying to make. You were talking about getting your pants wet in the grass.

3.While it is new it will work. Let it get some age and wear and tear and see how it works.

4.It's not like you are going to be mowing and half ways through Oh I need to take my deck of so I can go make a trail through the woods and put put my deck back on when I am done. The deck is the kind of thing you will take off and leave off until is is needed again. It is not like a 3PH were you may need a box blade then a scraper blabe then a landscape rake all in the same job.

5.I went to look at JD's before I got the Bobcat. The guy put me on a 2520. They had a small area that had chain link fence around it with all the tractors in it. I was starting to turn the wheel and back out of the row and the salesman thought it was good idea to take his hand and mash the reverse hydro pedal to the floor to show without me knowing to show me how fast it would stop. I nearly ran over him and I could have ran into another tractor.

1. Mowers get changed on level surfaces. The point was inane unless you think there are no level surfaces covered with grass. Your words, and I quote, "try auto connect deck on an uneven piece of ground." Well why would I? <shrug> Why would I do any work on a tractor on uneven ground unless I had to?

2. While it's new it will work. When it's old it will work if for no other reason than that I am capable of making it work. But what does that have to do with you anyway? No one is suggesting that you do something differently than you're doing. No one is telling you that you need a MMM with auto connect. You don't want one? So what?

3. I will not mow the lawn with the loader on the front end (like two of my Kubota owning neighbors do) and I will not till the garden with the mower mounted. They are not a part of the work being done and as such are extraneous items that contribute nothing but dead weight. You like dead weight? Fine, leave them on. I'd pull them auto connect or not. The auto connect makes it easier to do.

4. Your experience with a John Deere dealer has absolutely nothing to do with me, an auto connect feature, or the quality of dealers in my area.

Last edited:
   / Kubota BX25D / BX70? #49  
My 1026r autoconnect is pretty simple. It would take a serious hit from a big rock or tree stump to bend any of the parts. I don't think it will ever break. If I got a bx I would want autoconnect.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #50  
My 1026r autoconnect is pretty simple. It would take a serious hit from a big rock or tree stump to bend any of the parts. I don't think it will ever break. If I got a bx I would want autoconnect.

If you take a good look if you are any where's other then perfect you will have issues do to the lack of grond clearence under the deck of the deere as well as the tractor! As far as the fan vs the oil cooler, you can still drive the Kubota after the fan is gone, when the oil cooler gets a hole in you don't, okay do it! The good and the bad of the auto connect, how do you know when it doesn't connect all the way and the shaft takes off after you start the deck? The next time won't be the first! What happens after the first rock is hit by the deck and the linkage is sprung? This is not warrantee according to what I've heard back from customers.