Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #51  
art said:
The good and the bad of the auto connect, how do you know when it doesn't connect all the way and the shaft takes off after you start the deck? The next time won't be the first! What happens after the first rock is hit by the deck and the linkage is sprung? This is not warrantee according to what I've heard back from customers.

The linkage can't get hurt if the deck is on because it is covered. The deck will not lock into the tractor unless the pro is fully connected. You can tell if it is locked by driving backwards. If the deck doesn't move with the tractor it is disconnected. It can't be halfway hooked. I don't understand the rest of your post. Could you clarify?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #52  
Where does the pto shaft go while the deck is off?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #53  

I am deeply touched over the concern shown by Kubota owners for John Deere users and the operational aspects of their machinery. It's a rare and deeply moving demonstration of real brotherhood when such good will transcends brand loyalty.

As far as where the shaft goes it doesn't go anywhere until that day when it finally goes to heaven. All John Deere's go to heaven. :D

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #54  
94BULLITT said:

It folds up about even with the floorboard

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #55  
swick1 said:
It folds up about even with the floorboard

What happens if the mid pto accidentally gets engaged?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #56  
It spins. Its held by a bearing.

If you don't have autoconnect it works like every other modern deck.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #57  
It spins. Its held by a bearing.

If you don't have autoconnect it works like every other modern deck.

So it has a carrier bearing that goes up and down with the deck linkage? What keeps the shaft from falling out?

3. I will not mow the lawn with the loader on the front end (like two of my Kubota owning neighbors do) and I will not till the garden with the mower mounted. They are not a part of the work being done and as such are extraneous items that contribute nothing but dead weight. You like dead weight? Fine, leave them on. I'd pull them auto connect or not. The auto connect makes it easier to do.

Are you going to take the FEL off with you are tilling or doing grading since it is not necessary? Dead weight is a good thing. The deck helps lower the center of gravity. The deck adds weight to the tractor to give it more pulling power.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #58  
Are you going to take the FEL off with you are tilling or doing grading since it is not necessary? Dead weight is a good thing. The deck helps lower the center of gravity. The deck adds weight to the tractor to give it more pulling power.

You can't speak in universal categories Bullitt. You might have a point if every situation was identical. But it's highly doubtful that there is full coincidence between everything you and I do. Each piece of property had its own particular set of conditions and there is a definite sense in which each is unique. I've been gardening for a good many years and I have spent a good amount of time composting and developing the soil. It is nice and fluffy and it's also flat. A lower center of gravity is of no benefit to me in my tilling situation and I don't need added traction to till the my soil. And if I did need weight for traction it wouldn't be dead weight provided by an object designed for some other purpose. Dead weight, by definition, provides no useful function and so in many cases its presence is negative. You don't haul a pack around on your back when you don't need it do you? When weight is actually needed it isn't "dead weight". Passive is the proper terminology and it performs a required function. And if needed I'll use those items created specifically for that purpose. In these parts they are called "weights". You can drive a nail with an 8 lb maul or a pair of side cutters if you want to but I prefer a hammer.

Now it might be useful to have the FEL on when grading the drive, especially if I've let it go, and then again it might not. But that has little to do with taking it off when I'm mowing does it?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #59  
What keeps the shaft from falling out?

The "shaftkeeperfromfallingoutthingy". Doesn't your Kubota have one? :laughing:

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #60  
The linkage can't get hurt if the deck is on because it is covered. The deck will not lock into the tractor unless the pro is fully connected. You can tell if it is locked by driving backwards. If the deck doesn't move with the tractor it is disconnected. It can't be halfway hooked. I don't understand the rest of your post. Could you clarify?

For the same reason they don't connect well on unlevel ground, or get almost completely connected in the best of terms for somethings don't always work as described in all conditions. There have been plenty of gimmicks from all the manufacturers through the years. Some might still be trusted today! Are you aware of the dream tractor that gets all your work done for you! Doesn't cost a cent to buy, all you need is a good imagination! You will never have to change the oil or filter or worry about a comfortable seat again!