Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #61  
I am deeply touched over the concern shown by Kubota owners for John Deere users and the operational aspects of their machinery. It's a rare and deeply moving demonstration of real brotherhood when such good will transcends brand loyalty.

As far as where the shaft goes it doesn't go anywhere until that day when it finally goes to heaven. All John Deere's go to heaven. :D

As Kubota owner as well as John Deere, I think some of us are sincerely interested in how the different makes/models work. When someone asks my opinion on something I like to have the knowledge to provide accurate information. I won't be buying a John Deere, but have recommended them to people looking for a SCUT or other model.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #62  
I used to be a JD-or-nothing guy until I got my BX. I just love the BX and have switched my brand loyalty. However, I will admit that if Kubota came out with a new option for it - a drive over deck with auto connect - I'd be first in line down at the dealer...

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #63  
I used to be a JD-or-nothing guy until I got my BX. I just love the BX and have switched my brand loyalty. However, I will admit that if Kubota came out with a new option for it - a drive over deck with auto connect - I'd be first in line down at the dealer...

My solution to the quick attach deck is simplicity itself, I get off the BX2660 and onto the BX2200; takes under a minute.:thumbsup::laughing:

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #64  
My solution to the quick attach deck is simplicity itself, I get off the BX2660 and onto the BX2200; takes under a minute.:thumbsup::laughing:

I like your solution!!! :laughing:

(My wife wouldn't.)

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #65  
I like your solution!!! :laughing:

(My wife wouldn't.)

Actually it was my wife's idea. I was going to sell the BX2200 and just keep using "her" BX2660 for mowing, FEL, box scrapper etc., when she pointed out how handy it would be to have both and just configure them differently. Since she let me buy a L5740 HSTC, I immediately agreed; most often the wisest course of action.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #66  
art said:
For the same reason they don't connect well on unlevel ground, or get almost completely connected in the best of terms for somethings don't always work as described in all conditions. There have been plenty of gimmicks from all the manufacturers through the years. Some might still be trusted today! Are you aware of the dream tractor that gets all your work done for you! Doesn't cost a cent to buy, all you need is a good imagination! You will never have to change the oil or filter or worry about a comfortable seat again!

I'm fine with it. I only connect in my garage. Every system has limitations. When kubota gets autoconnect I'll evaluate it before getting another Jd. Good engineering trumps brand loyalty. I think kubota and Jd are pretty similar as far as parts are concerned. I like my dealer though.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #67  
GolfAddict said:
However, I will admit that if Kubota came out with a new option for it - a drive over deck with auto connect - I'd be first in line down at the dealer...

I'm with you, drive over and auto connect would make my life much easier. Those of you who are putting their kubota decks on in 2 minutes are way ahead of me. I find it to be a big pain in the.... well you can guess the rest!

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #68  
As Kubota owner as well as John Deere, I think some of us are sincerely interested in how the different makes/models work. When someone asks my opinion on something I like to have the knowledge to provide accurate information. I won't be buying a John Deere, but have recommended them to people looking for a SCUT or other model.

Which is perfectly understandable as well as agreeable when asked for the purpose you stated without telling me what I need and don't need as some are wont to do. The right tractor (or anything for that matter) is the one you want and for whatever reason(s) you see fit. You can choose Kubota because you're from Northern Ireland and live and bleed orange. YOur prerogative, it doesn't affect anything I do. Nor does my preference affect anyone else--or at least it shouldn't. Unfortunately there are some that feel the need to downplay the things that others find important, especially if they don't have them. It smacks of envy and there is no need for it.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #69  
I think the drive-over auto connect feature is nice but it's way too new to know whether they will continue to work flawlessly in year 5 as they do on day 1 at the dealer. I've already seen a few threads in the JD section about people complaining about alignment issues with these things. I say keep it simple which often means longevity in most things mechanical. I can certainly see the appeal though.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #70  
I said before that I'd like a Autoconnect for my Bx... but the more I think about it (and the complications of the autoconnect) the more I think I would be further ahead if I had of bought a rear finish mower instead of the MMM at all .I regularly take the MMM off because i do a fair bit of dirt work and using a $2000 mower as a skid plate... well, that hurts ;)

RFM is (relatively) easy to come off, especially if you have a quick connect, plus it gives you the option of backing into those tight places near the house and under trees!! The precise things that make me have to get the walk behind mower out for which adds time and, frankly, is no fun :D. In hindsight the best mower for my use of my tractor would have been the MMM. Unfortunately, as of now I;m stuck with the mmm, unless I want to take a big loss.