Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #82  
94BULLITT said:
Me either, brakes are pretty much for parking on a hydro.

What about split brakes? As on my B26, that are totally useless on the right side. Hate to open up this can of worms, but it is what it is.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #83  
Carl Bert said:
What about split brakes? As on my B26, that are totally useless on the right side. Hate to open up this can of worms, but it is what it is.

Thats the way they are on alot hydro tractors.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #85  
Carl Bert said:
That may be, but they are still useless on all of those hydro tractors.

I agree.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #86  
I've owned several Kubotas over the past 10 years in the BX, B and one L series and never thought anything about the brake being on one side or the other on my hillside or flat land except for one. I've always let off the pedal and mine stop and then I push the brake pedal and engage the emergency brake to keep the tractor in place for my later return.
Some times I have stopped on a hill and pushed the brake pedal and held it down to hold me in place instead of using the floor pedal to maintain the same stopped position. Have never thought it would have mattered which side the pedal was on but I've never owned any other brand tractor other than Kubotas to unlearn how it's done on other brands.
The one that I became aware of the brake pedal was the one geared B2320 when it kept going when I let off of the go pedal and bumped a building.:rolleyes:
I had never considered using the brakes to turn my tractors until I read about it here and then I tried it with one and decided that wasn't anything I'd do again since mine all have/had steering wheels.:)
The steering wheel IS IMPORTANT to me and that's one of the main reasons I buy Kubota F models instead of Zero turns which don't have steering wheels.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #87  
Flatlanders! He he!

We do have a flat land farm, grew up farming out in the flat lands, however the two farms on which I do all my work are a mix of rolling hills with some flat areas and some too steep to get to. There are many places on one farm I can't get to on anything with wheels.

No argument that more extreme terrain will effect utility of any given feature or control.

I am sure that is why they are putting the brakes on the left next year. I am not addressing benefits one way or the other, just my personal use and preference. I can easily use split brakes on my L5740 with the cruise control and have tried it. While I grew up using split brakes farming and still use them on our M8540, I have found them insignificant for how we use our L5740.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #88  
I agree that the price to upgrade a BX50 or 60 series seat to the new one will be prohibitive -it's probably made of unobtainium for us existing owners. Still, it looks like a vast, vast improvement over the current seat, which is not terrible but lacks any real suspension/cushioning when on rough terrain. If/when I do change out the seat, I will likely look seriously at the Michigan suspension seat sold by Northertool for under $400.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #89  
I hope they optimize the seat spring. My 1026r spring is way too soft for a 200lb man.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #90  
As a dealer I have hearing of people who have to use the brakes to turn. First maybe you should check the brand of tractor as some do not turn tight at all!!!!! Not all tractors are the same, famous statement from people who have the ability to sell a lower grade product for less, but just a little by choice!

What we see is the front end spindles do fail from this type of use but normally not till the tractor is out of warrantee and the user has to pay!!! Wheels if lucky, cast differential pieces as well. It doesn't always happen but we do see it!

As far as seats and the new tractor changes, Trade up! A 400 dollar seat will only make you feel better when driving the tractor. When it comes to swapping with your new 400 dollar seat vs the factory, the 400 is better put to a tractor that had the seat to begin with!