Which Kubota???

/ Which Kubota??? #1  

Rowdy Raven

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3010
Well I have been looking at Kubota tractors as of late. I have looked all around the area and have narrowed my search down to two Kubotas at a nearby dealer. They are priced the same at $9,500. The first is a L2850 with GST and a LA500 loader with 1700 hours. It has new tires and shows reasonable wear it is not a one owner. The second is a L2950 with Shuttle Shift and a LA500 Loader. It has 2200 hours and is a one owner, it has the original rear tires at 50% and new tires on the front. The tires are Ag on both tractors. The second tractor is cosmetically better. I plan to use the tractor on my 20 acres to grade the road, pull a few logs and mow about 3 acres. The terrain ranges from flat to sloping to steep. I would appreciate any insight here. Little details I should look for, etcetra.
Many Thanks,
Rowdy Raven

/ Which Kubota??? #2  
The L-2850 probably had a rougher life do to the tire wear, ag tires are what you would want for your work. The glideshift is a good transmission although it does have some gaps in between the gears. My recommendation would be to drive them both and shift to different speeds and see what you like the feel of the best. Neither have enough hours on them to say you are looking at trouble but the 2950 might be the better of the two!