Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT335 + Kubota BX2370-1

Default Re: Need Advise on M9540 vs L5030 Purchase

That looks like a very fine way to split wood. It sound like mowing with the 9540 has already been ruled out. After all those years in a cab you might miss it too. Maybe you should be looking for a slightly huskier cabbed tractor with more weight, lift, and axle capacity?

I can relate to your dilemna about having two tractors. Two years ago I bought a small 35hp CUT with an HST & R4s for working in tight quarters around my place and kept my larger 53 hp utility tractor because it has double the loader lift and maybe triple the traction with loaded R1s. Also because it was long paid for and I didn't know if I was going to like the HST. The bigger one gets hardly used now because the smaller one is handier for most chores. I've only put about 25 hrs on the larger one this year. Now I'm actually considering moving to a model in between the two with either an HST or hydraulic shuttle and R1's and sellling both of my current tractors. Being primarily a weekend and occasional evening user I feel I could be happy just owning and maintaining one tractor again. Plus it'll free up some more space in the barn.

As our jobs evolve over the years so does our tractor fleet. That is what keep the dealers in business and our wives shaking their heads
    "Contentment makes poor men rich, Discontent makes rich men poor." Benjamin Franklin

"...The conflict between believers and non believers is not about the beliefs..." IslandTractor

Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, JD2210

Quote Originally Posted by WVBartMan View Post
    The final and maybe the biggest factor is I am the type of person who has always changed the engine oil/filter, Hyd/HST Filters in my L5030 every 100-hours since I purchased it new. I keep thinking that I am just pushing it too hard and if the L5030 only had to cut grass and leave all the heavy lifting to the big tractor then the 5030 R&M cost will continue to be only filters and oil.
    This is why I sold my L4400 and bought the bigger M9540. I diligently maintain my equipment. I frequently worked the L4400 at it's maximum capacity. But I began to worry that the L4400 was not going to survive the workload long term. The tasks that it struggled to do, scratching and clawing, front tires or rear tires in the air, the M9540 does without breaking sweat at an idle.

For me I chose the path of the JD2210 for mowing and snow removal. That allowed me to step up to a bigger tractor. Good luck in your quest for compromise!!!
    Richard

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5030, M9540

Well I pulled the trigger today on the M9540 Cab tractor with the 12-1 hydraulic shuttle transmission, FEL with 3rd function valve & 84" bucket, 3 rear remotes (2 floats and one auto-detent), Top and Tilt Kit, Cast wheels with loaded rear tires and a grill guard. I also went with the kubota 0%, 60-month financing. I'm keeping the L5030 for mowing and misc uses around the house.

I truly do love this forum and the valuable information you can gain from members like yourselves who take the time to share experiences and opinions with others. I know my decision was based on what was said/posted on this site and I look forward to contributing as well. Thank you goes out to all who took the time to respond to me and help me make an informed decision.
    Kubota L5030
    Kubota M9540
    Too Many Implements to List

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

That is awesome! Your gonna have one heck of a nice team with those two setups!
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    2011 Kubota MX5100

Awesome! All this talk of new tractor makes me want to get a new bigger one too.
    As always pics are a must!
    I like to push buttons that I dont know what they do to find out. Theres some I wont push anymore

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Awesome, post some pics when you get it.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5030, M9540

To
    Took delivery today and wanted to send some pictures. This thing is huge, I never actually saw one in person just seen a M9540 in a brochure until it was delivered today, I love it! I think I need bigger implements.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0100-jpg   -img_0096-jpg   -img_0103-jpg   -img_0106-jpg   -img_0108-jpg  

-img_0109-jpg   -img_0117-jpg   -img_0118-jpg   -img_0120-jpg  
    Kubota L5030
    Kubota M9540
    Too Many Implements to List

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by WVBartMan
    To
    Took delivery today and wanted to send some pictures. This thing is huge, I never actually saw one in person just seen a M9540 in a brochure until it was delivered today, I love it! I think I need bigger implements.
    Thats a really nice tractor. Thanks for the pics. The front tires on the 9540 are almost as big as the rear on the 5030.

Tractor
    2011 Kubota MX5100

Very nice!!!!! Do any work with it yet?
    I like to push buttons that I dont know what they do to find out. Theres some I wont push anymore

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Don't know how I missed this thread; you wound up going the same route we found works best for us, you will love the added capability of the M Series.

My wife bush hogs with our GL, but won't give up her BX2200 and BX2660 for yard work; probably best as our M and GL live four miles apart.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast