Kubota 2350 recalls... How do you know if if these were performed

/ Kubota 2350 recalls... How do you know if if these were performed #1  

hydrasports

Tractor
I don't have a tractor
I grabbed this info from another site but was relevant to my question:

"*note* the 50 series generated several factory recalls that were free to these models, even those that were out of OEM warranty. Most of these series tractors should have had these done but there may be a few around that haven't.
The recalls included:
1-Replacement battery cover frame. Stiffens the screen cover for a more secure and tighter fit.
Part number- K2581-57134

2-Grip Kit. Contains all the plastic handles and lever sleeves for the levers and knobs. Replaces original loose fitting covers.
Part number - K2581-9557-0

3-Cluster kit: This is the dash cluster for all the gauges. The first design could accumulate moisture inside & fail, or the hour meter may fog up becomeing unreadable or may not work properly
BX1850 Part number K2501-6250-2
BX2350/BX24 Part number K2581-6250-2

4- Fender Kit: Replacement composite rear fender w/additional formed ribbing to add strength at critical load bearing point(s).
Part number K2581-95522

5-Step stay kit: Large steel support brackets that bolt to the main frame and add additional support to the composite fender assembly.
BX2350/1850 part number K2581-9554-0
BX24 Part number K2592-9554-0

6- Replacement Seat - Service Bulletin PIB-2007-027

Just found out that Kubota extended this recall to 48 months from the date of the original purchase. So, if you have purchased a used one and it wasn't updated w/the fix, make sure you find out the original date of purchase to be sure that it's still under warranty.
4) Seat recall. All 50 series BX's (plus select B's) that were under warranty recieved new VASTLY more comfortable seats free and those that were not under warranty recieved the seat at vastly reduced prices or free (dependant upon the dealer). This seat is a HUGE improvement, so much so that I purchased one for my BX23 that wasn't covered at all under this recall). This seat is a direct boltup to all BX's & B's."

Does anyone know how to tell if these "repairs" were completed and if so explain to me what to look for? Even better photos to show me what to look for?

I was hoping to get into a 2360 however I think finances just will not allow where I can still get a 2350 but just want to make sure all recall items have been performed, and I do not know what to look for.

Thank you!!

Steve

/ Kubota 2350 recalls... How do you know if if these were performed #2  
I grabbed this info from another site but was relevant to my question:

"*note* the 50 series generated several factory recalls that were free to these models, even those that were out of OEM warranty. Most of these series tractors should have had these done but there may be a few around that haven't.
The recalls included:
1-Replacement battery cover frame. Stiffens the screen cover for a more secure and tighter fit.
Part number- K2581-57134

2-Grip Kit. Contains all the plastic handles and lever sleeves for the levers and knobs. Replaces original loose fitting covers.
Part number - K2581-9557-0

3-Cluster kit: This is the dash cluster for all the gauges. The first design could accumulate moisture inside & fail, or the hour meter may fog up becomeing unreadable or may not work properly
BX1850 Part number K2501-6250-2
BX2350/BX24 Part number K2581-6250-2

4- Fender Kit: Replacement composite rear fender w/additional formed ribbing to add strength at critical load bearing point(s).
Part number K2581-95522

5-Step stay kit: Large steel support brackets that bolt to the main frame and add additional support to the composite fender assembly.
BX2350/1850 part number K2581-9554-0
BX24 Part number K2592-9554-0

6- Replacement Seat - Service Bulletin PIB-2007-027

Just found out that Kubota extended this recall to 48 months from the date of the original purchase. So, if you have purchased a used one and it wasn't updated w/the fix, make sure you find out the original date of purchase to be sure that it's still under warranty.
4) Seat recall. All 50 series BX's (plus select B's) that were under warranty recieved new VASTLY more comfortable seats free and those that were not under warranty recieved the seat at vastly reduced prices or free (dependant upon the dealer). This seat is a HUGE improvement, so much so that I purchased one for my BX23 that wasn't covered at all under this recall). This seat is a direct boltup to all BX's & B's."

Does anyone know how to tell if these "repairs" were completed and if so explain to me what to look for? Even better photos to show me what to look for?

I was hoping to get into a 2360 however I think finances just will not allow where I can still get a 2350 but just want to make sure all recall items have been performed, and I do not know what to look for.

Thank you!!

Steve
I'd go with a 30 series and avoid all concerns voiced above.
The most imporant problem was not mentioned above that being the abrut stop issue caused by the faulty transmission .
There never was a fix for this issue and there wasn't any recall

/ Kubota 2350 recalls... How do you know if if these were performed
What were the 30 series? I'll have to look them up but what was the most comperable to the BX2360?

/ Kubota 2350 recalls... How do you know if if these were performed #5  
in the BX series there are 30,50,60 and now 70 series. I never got a call or postcard for recalls for my BX, although most of stuff was already done before
I got it. like the seat, step . I am not sure about the rest, but I know the battery cover is not one of them. The recalls will not be your main concern on 50 series. Its the reverse stop issue. it stop quicker then I like. But overall the tractor has been great to me.

/ Kubota 2350 recalls... How do you know if if these were performed #6  
I believe that if the machine was in for a recall, it should be recorded. I think that if you have the serial number of the tractor you should be able to contact your dealer and they'd be able to look up if the recall had been performed on that particular tractor.

I wouldn't automatically discount the 50 series tractors based only on the word of LBrown59. He tends to be very vocal about the "faulty transmission" of the 50 series. There are many of us that have the 50 series (BX24 in my case) and are fine with it. I would try it for yourself, and if you find it unacceptable then avoid them.

This is my experience, but you'd want to drive one and judge for yourself:

I used to farm and always had Bobcat skid steers for certain chores. The hydro transmissions are VERY robust. If you are going forward or reverse and just completely let go of the handles you will come to a very abrupt stop. The faster you were traveling the "rougher" this abrupt stopping will feel. When I got the BX24 it behaved similarly and I never gave it a thought. For me, this felt like the "normal" behavior of a robust hyro system.

A year ago or so I discovered this web site and the various forums and have truly enjoyed it. In some threads, however, I have learned from some members that I should be very unhappy with this BX24 of mine with it's "faulty transmission". I'm not unhappy - I love the little thing, but that's just me. The abrupt stopping is definitely more noticeable when letting off the hydro pedal while reversing, and more difficult to "feather" it to a stop - much easier to "feather" the hyro pedal to a smoother stop when going forward.

This behavior is VERY annoying to a lot of folks, and not so much for others. I would recommend trying 50 series for yourself rather than automatically disqualifying any 50 series tractors, particularly if you find a really good deal. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to even close friends or family members, but would certainly want them to come and use mine for a good bit first to be sure they didn't find the "faulty transmission" unacceptable for them. (With the 60 series they made some sort of change and they don't have this behavior.)

Another big deal for a lot of folks is that the 50 series used plastic hood and fender, 60 went back to metal. Again I guess I've been lucky enough not to have any problems with that, but others have reported various plastic cracking experiences. note: I did have the recall performed.

The original seat on the 50 series is another hot button item, and is one that I'll agree was unacceptable and had to be changed out for the newer style. If you look at any 50 series and the seat hasn't been upgraded, you will be looking at a couple hundred dollars to do it so factor that in...

Last edited:
   / Kubota 2350 recalls... How do you know if if these were performed #7  
in the BX series there are 30,50,60 and now 70 series.1*
*The recalls will not be your main concern on 50 series. Its the reverse stop issue.
1*The only fix for the reverse stop issue was the BX60 series ; so there were no recalls on that issue.

30 Series Tractors
BX23
BX2230
BX1830
BX1500

50 Series Tractors *I don't recommend but to each his own.
BX24
BX2350
BX1850

60 Series Tractors
BX25
BX2360
BX1860

Last edited:
I have to say it is very hard to find a BX60 anything series for sale. You just don't see them. I have seen a BX24 and BX25 but don't need the backhoe. If affordable heck yea I would take the BH but they are expensive. Plus I have never seen on with the BM.

I am looking over my options and prior to doing anything I will absolutely take what ever out for a good test run.

So are you saying that Kubota is coming out with their latest model the BX70 this coming year?

Hard to believe it's so hard to find a BX2360 for sale then.

OK, I called the dealer to have them look this Kubota 2350 up to see if any red flags were waved and they gave it a clean bill of health. There were no red flags on this machine for any of the items mentioned above. Yes I will still have to check it out and drive it to see how this abruply stopping issue is but all other items none of them showed up. What the dealer believes is that since it is a 2008 tractor all these issues were addressed prior to this being produced and therefor all issues were taken care of in the initial build.

Again, I will try it out to see how it runs and drives around.

In addition is there anything I should look for or look at while checking it out? What are some things to look out for???

/ Kubota 2350 recalls... How do you know if if these were performed #10  
OK,
1*I called the dealer to have them look this Kubota 2350 up to see if any red flags were waved and they gave it a clean bill of health. There were no red flags on this machine for any of the items mentioned above. 2
2*Yes I will still have to check it out and drive it to see how this abruply stopping issue is but all other items none of them showed up.
3*What the dealer believes is that since it is a 2008 tractor all these issues were addressed prior to this being produced and therefor all issues were taken care of in the initial build.
1*Keep in mind they want to sell the tractor.
2*all you have is his word on that.
3*What he assumes and what may have really happened may be 2 different things.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Here is an 1830 for sale right here by a TBN member.
Bx1830 for salefiredave19
Bx1830 with 54" deck and 3point hitch for sale in wheeling,wv can deliver within reason $7000

If I didn't allready have 3 BXs I'd go look at this one since it's only 80 miles from me.

Last edited: