Looking at BX2360

/ Looking at BX2360 #1  

WLDOTZ

Tractor
B2360
We are looking at a new 2012 BX2360 and it suits everything we need it for. But I am concerned about the hydraulic squeal that this unit has when at 75% and above throttle. It is load enough to be almost painful without hearing protection, and that just doesn't seem right. The service man at the dealership says they all do that, but , while I would like to believe him, half of me is calling BS.

What have you guys come across?

Cheers,
John

/ Looking at BX2360 #2  
I would try a different tractor if he has one on the lot if not try another dealer. We don't have a BX2360, but do have a BX2200 and 2660 and the level is not objectionable; about the same as our John Deere.

/ Looking at BX2360 #3  
My new BX1860 does have a pretty good squeal to it like you described when you are using the FEL and have it under load. It works great though, and I couldn't be happier with it. I think you will love the BX2360, but I agree with TripleR in that you should check out a couple others so you will have no regrets when you do pull the trigger and purchase. I looked at the new Kioti CS2410 and really liked it, however I have a few trees to maneuver around to mow and don't have quite enough land to justify the larger tractor and the difference in money. For me, the size and price point of the BX1860 made it hands down the best for me. Best of luck to you and have lots of fun with it!

/ Looking at BX2360
Thanks for your response. This squeal is not under load, this is all the time, and does vary in volume and pitch with the RPM.

/ Looking at BX2360 #5  
I've never run mine higher than 2800 RPM and the noise is tolerable. Book says max horsepower is 2600rpm.

/ Looking at BX2360 #6  
Looks like you already bought it. Some tractors will simply be louder than others; only way to know for sure is try a different one.

Some TBN members have posted a You Tube clip to help us understand.

/ Looking at BX2360
Looks like you already bought it. Some tractors will simply be louder than others; only way to know for sure is try a different one.

Some TBN members have posted a You Tube clip to help us understand.

haven't bought it yet, we were just at the dealer playing with it last night.

/ Looking at BX2360 #8  
haven't bought it yet, we were just at the dealer playing with it last night.

OK, I saw it listed in your profile.

/ Looking at BX2360
yah, you have to put something down when completing your registration, so I fudged a skosh..

John

/ Looking at BX2360 #10  
yah, you have to put something down when completing your registration, so I fudged a skosh..

John

It's been a while since I joined and I had either forgotten it was a requirement or it's changed.