new grand l 60 series.

/ new grand l 60 series. #11  
we have concerns with power when the A/C is on. You can thank the government for that.

An interesting observation since most of the oem literature makes Tier 4 out like the best thing since sliced bread, frees up the engine to reach its max performance, blah blah.
Just put in the magic blue stuff and your power will increase, economy goes up, and probably your sex life improves...:thumbsup:
Seriously, I can understand the large cost increase to add all the hardware, but a performance deficit? Or is this something to do with different Freon requirements?
Can you elaborate please? thanks

/ new grand l 60 series.
Its a much nicer cab, iso mounted, larger, etc. It does not have HST+. The 33Hp model is very expensive, the 26Hp model is priced about where the current tractor is.. but we have concerns with power when the A/C is on. You can thank the government for that.

I can relate to that! I have an isuzu npr (diesel) dump 2003. She only has 83000 miles and im gonna run her for ever! All set with the epa tier 4 requirements on new diesels!

/ new grand l 60 series. #13  
Its a much nicer cab, iso mounted, larger, etc. It does not have HST+. The 33Hp model is very expensive, the 26Hp model is priced about where the current tractor is.. but we have concerns with power when the A/C is on. You can thank the government for that.

We can thank our government for the Tier IV nonsense as well.

As one who does all of ones own work, I do not want anything to do with the TIER IV.

I've been in the market for a new 60 HP open station tractor for about a year and bought a MF about a month ago. The fact that I could still buy Tier II was a major consideration, as was the "old tech" 540 PTO speed at 1750 engine RPM, which allows me to cruise along at 1750 RPM with plenty of governor and foot throttle left, keeping the hours down, while mowing light cover.

SDT

/ new grand l 60 series. #14  

As noted by several other B3030 Cab owners the HST noise level in the cab is a big disappointment, and I would also mention that in my case I have had a dust/dirt issue in the cab which is also a big disappointment.

I also have a M5040 Cab and the dust/dirt issue in this tractor is nothing compared to my B3030.

Hopefully you could address whether Kubota has done something to get rid of the HST noise in the new B3350 and also if anything was done to seal the cab better to reduce the dust/dirt getting in.

/ new grand l 60 series. #15  

Do you have any information about the height of the new b50 series cab? Will it be the same height as the B3030 cab with R4's tires on it?
My B3030 cab just makes it through my 7t door, I would be very very interested in upgrading if it will fit.
3/4 inch taller and I'm out of luck.

Do dealers have all the specs on the New B50's yet?, pictures, flyers etc?
I wonder what a B3030cab in excellent condition with 750 hrs and a 7ft Woods backhoe be worth these days on a trade in? Would it still be desirable with 750hrs on it? It was very well taking care of.
Thank you for any information.

/ new grand l 60 series. #16  
As one who does all of ones own work, I do not want anything to do with the TIER IV.
I agree.
And to stray a little:
Adding a furnace to one's tractor may clean up its breath, but it is just really really hard to believe that adding all this expense to agricultural tractors has a positive benefit on our economy or environment.
Unless what comes out of it is cleaner than what goes in, and somehow we have a magic air freshener, there just aren't enough tractors running at one time in the country to make a whit of environmental difference.
Unless you want to outlaw tractor pulls and diesel truck racing, which would not endear you to anyone, what kind of terrible tractor exhaust problem do we have going on anyway? What will help is what wafts off the interstate being a little cleaner
because new EPA requirements have seriously cleaned up a large number of cars on the road. That's what government should do for us, ring the alarm bell when we are poisoning ourselves on a grand scale. And not wait until we look like Mexico City, as in full face masks, or smell like LA in August.

Why not clean up the worst polluters first? $$$ And PAC money out the wazoo. Looking to the brighter side, too bad there isn't a law that requires all Tier 4 equipment to be built in the USA with our country's workers. The reality is the Japanese and South Koreans make superb auto transmissions, air conditioners, that have been under our hoods for a long time. It's been awhile since I had a Made in Japan machine to work with, and I'm finding the Kubota to be really a pleasure. and yes, I did look hard at the JD4720 too.

So the new Grand L will likely have a more comfortable cabin, some enhancement, and I hope not the marginal squeaking seat I have in my 5740. I have a nice new Michigan seat I was going to install on my IH but it is even nicer than what's on my new tractor.
So Kubota, why not add a nicer seat as standard, not optional? And a stereo upgrade. If you want more money out of us, give us something tangible, not unwanted furnaces.

/ new grand l 60 series.
You would think after decades of building these tractors we all love, that kubota could figure out how to build a nice seat?

/ new grand l 60 series. #18  
MessickFarmEqu said:

It would be nice if they did HST+ on more models but I guess it would jack up the price too much on the smaller tractors.

/ new grand l 60 series. #19  
fwiw,
I have one of the new brochures on the 60 series Kubotas. I had planned to post it as a PDF file, however, my scanner is black and white only. Nicer cab for sure. May affect my choice away from John Deere. Hope there is enough money left over to have a coat of paint put on the ugly bastard(grin). Honestly worry about blinding headaches from that color... IH Red and JD Green have never been an issue...

Regards, Matt.

/ new grand l 60 series. #20  
Matt in Virginia said:
fwiw,
I have one of the new brochures on the 60 series Kubotas. I had planned to post it as a PDF file, however, my scanner is black and white only. Nicer cab for sure. May affect my choice away from John Deere. Hope there is enough money left over to have a coat of paint put on the ugly bastard(grin). Honestly worry about blinding headaches from that color... IH Red and JD Green have never been an issue...

Regards, Matt.

I'm not that crazy about the orange either but you can buy a tractor on looks, you have to buy it on functionality. You could have the tractor wrapped to change the color.