new grand l 60 series.

/ new grand l 60 series. #41  
Possibly skid steer quick attach?:confused3:

That's what I'm hoping for, but wasn't sure if anyone knew for sure. I'll probably just contact the dealer to see if they can elaborate more on it.

/ new grand l 60 series. #42  
Matt
You mentioned possibly posting the new Grand L60 series as a PDF. Would you still do it? I'm not concerned about it being in color as much as I just want to look at the specs.

Thanks
LAM

/ new grand l 60 series. #44  
penny40,
I apologize, however, I had to return the brochure to the very kind source. I expect we'll see it available openly shortly...

Regards, Matt.

/ new grand l 60 series. #45  
its not skid loader QA, it looks the same.. but the plate is more narrow.

Thanks a bunch for the information. It wasn't obvious what the dealer was talking about when I first read it on their web site (and the dealer never responded to my email when I inquired about it.)

Also, do you have any idea on when the B3350's are likely to be available at dealers?

/ new grand l 60 series. #46  
I read this on a local dealers website:

* New B2650 and B3350 Cab Tractors, larger cabs, high performance a/c, universal quick-coupler

Does anyone know what the "universal quick-coupler" is? It's definitely got my curiosity.

Somewhere on another thread here on TBN I saw somebody referring to the Canadian version of the B50 - and it clearly showed a skid-steer type QA for the FEL.

What I'm wondering is: could I retrofit this onto my B3200 ??

/ new grand l 60 series. #47  

Can you explain? Do you mean the overall width of the whole thing is narrower than a standard skid steer QA?

Do you know if there is any interchangeability at all with standard skid steer?

If it's completely different in all dimensions - that would sort of suck. If it was at least "semi" compatible that would at least make using skid steer type attachments not too bad if minimal mods were needed.

/ new grand l 60 series. #48  

I had the brochure for the Canadian version of the B50 open on my work PC.

Link is here:
Products: B2650 Kubota Canada Ltd.

Also check out the attached picture (from the Canadian brochure) . One of the interesting things is that the lockdown pins - are basically located almost
inline with the loader arms. Last year after buying my B3200 I did a bunch of research on the feasibility of adding a skid steer type QA to the LA504 loader. And one of the main problems I remember there being - was that in order for the lockdown pins to line up with the standard location of the hole in the bottom of the skid-steer QA plate - they have to be almost lined up with the arms for the FEL. Which presents a packaging problem (I was contemplating making one).

Judging by the picture - looks like Kubota may have solved that problem. But I will reserve judgement until I actually see one "live".

Anybody have any idea when the B50 is due to actually hit the market?

7735.jpg

/ new grand l 60 series. #49  

Jim, this would tell me that the new B owners are in a similar boat as us older B owners in that the new QA is proprietary, and thus, would require Kubota-only or owner customized attachments.

The question is how much does getting off the machine to deal with the pins create a problem for you (keep in mind a true skid steer QA or even the new B50 QA means you need to get off the machine). I think the only skid steer QA option for the older B series is still the ATI setup. One potential problem with that, which is why I stuck with the pin-type QA, is the significant additional weight of the skid steer QA setup & attachments, impacting FEL capacity.

The one slight advantage to the pin-type QA is that you can purchase any pin-on attachments that fit the B series loaders, which are offered by quite a few aftermarket companies. Not as big a selection and possible cost savings as the true skid steer QA attachments, but the key is the weight savings with this setup. And a lot of the lighter duty attachments for our B series are still cheaper than the heavier duty units built for skid steer QA equipment.

Last edited:
   / new grand l 60 series. #50  
right. it looks like an SSL QA, but the plate is more narrow and thus any SSL stuff would have to be modified to fit. Yes, we pitched a fit about it. You can still buy a QA from ATI if you want one. We've used them for years.