new grand l 60 series.

/ new grand l 60 series. #1  

lawn_king

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!
kubota has a teaser on their web site, for the new gl 60 series, available spring 2013. I was wondering why they jumped over 50 series?

/ new grand l 60 series. #2  
Not sure about not using 50 series but it looks like there will be a Grand L 6060, I guess to replace the Grand L 5740.

/ new grand l 60 series. #3  
I would guess that there was the 50 series in the 90's-L2950,L3750,L5450,etc.Not wanting to add even more confusion to Kubota model numbers.

/ new grand l 60 series. #4  
kubota has a teaser on their web site, for the new gl 60 series, available spring 2013. I was wondering why they jumped over 50 series?

Because they're calling the new B models the 50 series. The new B cab, for example, went from the B30303 to the B3000, and come spring, will be the B3350. Souds like they're improving on the cab to make it a bit more like the GL cabs with regards to comfort & sound control. It'll be interesting to see where the new B3350 ends up being priced with the cab upgrades and the Tier 4 engine. The current B cabs are already pushing a pretty high price envelop.

Also, maybe they're going to work on further separating out some of the B's with the new number system, since sizes are a bit different?

/ new grand l 60 series.
I had a factory cab B3030. The noise level in the cab was my only gripe. It was nothing like the L cabs as far as sound deadening, aside from that i loved the machine! I would still have it, had i not outgrown it!

/ new grand l 60 series. #6  
I had a factory cab B3030. The noise level in the cab was my only gripe. It was nothing like the L cabs as far as sound deadening, aside from that i loved the machine! I would still have it, had i not outgrown it!

Noise in the factory cab B3030 is the biggest if only complaint I hear about the B3030. If the new B3350 (replacement for the B3030 and B3000) comes with a MUCH quieter cab and the HST+ transmission it will (in my opinion) be a huge hit for Kubota.

/ new grand l 60 series. #7  

I read most of your posts over the years about your B3030 cab machine prior to you trading up to a GL.

I knew about the noise issue with the B cab, but I figured everything about my B3030 was perfect for my needs except for the missing cab. I have a few ideas on some things to try to cut dow on some of the noise coming up from the transmission on the new B3000 (it's basically the same noise as on the B3030, just couped up inside the cab space).

By next summer, I plan to implement a few of my ideas and see how they work, which I'm sure are similar to what Kubota is going to do on the new B3350 cab. But overall, I'm very happy to have a cab on my machine now.

I didn't need a bigger machine, and the cost of the GL3940 (minimum size I figured I'd need for 8500' above sea level) was more than $10k more than the B3000, so for my needs, the added noise in the cab is something I can deal with for a while yet. Especially since in 4.5 years, I only logged 370 hours on my B3030, probably far less than the hours you log. If I made a living in my machine, I could definitely see the desire for a GL.

/ new grand l 60 series. #8  
Noise in the factory cab B3030 is the biggest if only complaint I hear about the B3030. If the new B3350 (replacement for the B3030 and B3000) comes with a MUCH quieter cab and the HST+ transmission it will (in my opinion) be a huge hit for Kubota.

The upgrades are supposedly a slightly larger and quieter cab, a digital right-hand mounted dash, and a Tier 4 engine. But if it comes with an additional $4k price tag, will it be as big of a hit? I wouldn't be surprised if it makes the B3030 cabs & the B3000's a little more sought after.

OK, I think we're hijacking this thread a little. Sorry LawnKing.

/ new grand l 60 series.
No big deal where the thread goes bandit. had i kept my 3030 i would have gotten that cab quieter by pulling the headliner and floor matt and installing serious insulation!

/ new grand l 60 series. #10  

Its a much nicer cab, iso mounted, larger, etc. It does not have HST+. The 33Hp model is very expensive, the 26Hp model is priced about where the current tractor is.. but we have concerns with power when the A/C is on. You can thank the government for that.