Price Check L3400

/ L3400 #1  

turfgrass

Tractor
Kubota L3400
Do you think $14,000 is good price for a 2008 L3400HST with 70 hrs? Has FEL and shed kept but has never been serviced (since purchase). I figure that is about $4,400 less than a new L3200 (with $2,000 incentive). I do not need the added HP . . . and a little concerned it has not been serviced.

/ L3400
But is that warranty worth $4,400? Several owners told me they never needed a repair in the first 2 years.

/ L3400 #5  
I honestly don't know about the price, but you can sure buy some neat implements with $4400, I personally would be seriously considering it. I wouldn't worry about no service at 50 hours, I'd just do one myself, it's not hard.

I've bought four new Kubotas and one used, warranty doesn't mean anything to me.

/ L3400 #6  
But is that warranty worth $4,400? Several owners told me they never needed a repair in the first 2 years.
No, warranty is not worth that much to me.

Just for reference, I paid 15k for a L3800DT w/FEL and less than 10 hrs on it. This was last December. Have been price increases since then though.

/ L3400
My next negotiation pitch is to ask the seller to deliver the used machine to a dealer and have it serviced and checked out and I would pay for it (out of the purchase price). That way I know problems found will be fixed and I know it was properly serviced (although a bit late). When I tested it out, there was a FEL hydrolic leak, which would be fixed. I do appreciate your comments. I thought it would be an easier decision but the "no service" after nearly 5 years and relatively high price (he started at $15,000) compared to a new one gave me doubts.

/ L3400 #8  
Well, used tractors seem to be bringing pretty good money right now, but the hydraulic leak would be a concern; tough call.

/ L3400 #9  
It depends where the leak is. It could just be a loose hose fitting. If it's a cylinder that would bring up the question of what did they do with the machine to cause the leak. I'm in the camp of buying the used and spend the extra $ on implements. Chances are the machine is just fine. It sounds like a good idea to have dealer check the machine if the seller agrees. I bought two tractors used. Changed all fluids and filters on both, regardless of hours, just for peace of mind. No problems to report.

/ L3400 #10  
I recently bought a 2008 l2800 with 108 hrs on it, single owner, garaged all its life - great condition. This came with a HST, FEL, 4WD, geamore 60" box scraper, and a 5' razorback bush hog. That was listed at $15K and I ended up at $13750. Out here we pay a bit more. It was about 7K less than a new one (including the 2K cash off) with the same attachments.

Your deal looks pretty good.