Price Check L3400

/ L3400 #11  
i bought a new l3800 payed 17500 then traded it in with 35 hrs on it i only got 16500 for iti owned it 2.5 months i would get a new tractor if you buy used you might get a money pit best of luck to you

/ L3400
So case245, I have to ask why did you trade your L3800? Certainly it was not a "money pit".

/ L3400 #13  
I would definately get a new L3200. The base price with loader is around $15,500 to 16,500, and I would imagine with the warranty you would have a better piece of mind about anything unexpected going wrong. I know you said you dont need the extra horse power, but a L3800 is about 17,500 with loader and you really cant have "too much" horse power in my opinion. I looked at used ones before I made the choice to buy a new one, and I only found that there was about a $2000 difference in the prices,(used-vs-new) so it only made sense to get a new one that no one has tampered with or abused. :D

/ L3400
PappaSmurf, I wished our base price with loader around here was $15,500. That would make the decision easier. Our price for L3200 with loader is $17,400 (pre-tax). Since I plan to also use this with finish mower, the weight with the higher hp can become an issue in the "yard".

/ L3400 #15  
I would definately get a new L3200. The base price with loader is around $15,500 to 16,500, and I would imagine with the warranty you would have a better piece of mind about anything unexpected going wrong. I know you said you dont need the extra horse power, but a L3800 is about 17,500 with loader and you really cant have "too much" horse power in my opinion. I looked at used ones before I made the choice to buy a new one, and I only found that there was about a $2000 difference in the prices,(used-vs-new) so it only made sense to get a new one that no one has tampered with or abused. :D
Prices here are around 1.5-2k more than that on those two models.

/ L3400 #16  
turfgrass no it was not a money pit it had 30 hrs on it i bought it new the fel would not lift hieght enough an not enough weight

/ L3400 #17  
Sometimes the warranty really is worth getting. In the first 2 years of owning my L3400 I had the right side lift cylinder seal on my FEL replaced (leaking) and the tractor was split in two to free up a sticking clutch spline. The seal repair wasn't expensive, but the split job would have been. Still, $4400 is a lot of money. The lack of maintainance wouldn't really bother me, as long as I did it as soon as I got the machine. It's 3 years overdue for a coolant change, and 4 years overdue for the first oil change. I seem to recall it's 50 hours or 1 year. Definitely change the hydraulic fluid and filters too, it's been sitting there building condensation for quite a while.

Sean