L3200 ver L3800 PTO

/ L3200 ver L3800 PTO #1  

zook

Tractor
BX2660 L3200F RTV 500
On the gear drive model what is the difference between the way the 2 PTO work? Would the L3200 work with things like pumps or a PTO gen set, tools that are PTO driven but do not require the tractor to be moving?

Thanks,

/ L3200 ver L3800 PTO #2  
I believe all modern tractors have live/independent Pto's ,tractor does not have to be moving.Read the manuals to determine how to set-up.On mine the brake must be on,tractor in neutral.

/ L3200 ver L3800 PTO #3  
With the gear tractors, the 3200 is a transmission driven PTO and the 3800 in independent with a 2-stage clutch.

Both will work for what you want to do, with a stationary implement. But the difference is when using something that requires the tractor moving. The 3800 has an independent PTO with a 2-stage clutch. What that means is you can press the clutch about half way, and the tractors transmission is disengaged allowing you to stop or make a gear change WHILE the pto continues to turn.

The 3200 does NOT have that 2-stage clutch. That means everytime you press the clutch to slow down, stop, or change gears, the PTO stops as well. Kinda like the old 8n's if you are familiar. This is really only a PITA if you are mowing or something. I dont see it being an issue at all with a stationary implement.

Now I dont think things changed on the 3200/3800, I have a 3400 which was the old model of these, and to allow the PTO to operate while you are off the seat, you first turn it in (while seated), make sure the tractor is in neutral, (good idea to set the brake but not required), and then get off the tractor. As soon as you leave the seat, flip it up. If you dont flip it up, the tractor will die in 1 second. But flipping it up allows it to keep running.

/ L3200 ver L3800 PTO #4  
I've had a L3800DT for almost a year now and Really like it! It has surpassed my expectations.

The 2 stage clutch was a big reason I chose it over the L3200.

/ L3200 ver L3800 PTO
Thanks Guys,, I ended up going with the L3200 anyway because it was a pretty good deal. Got a few hours seat time this weekend with a 5' bush hog on the back,, the PTO works real good and once the blades are spinning you can change gears and such with out any issues at all.. Compared to the BX 2660 is night and day difference. Very happy with the machine.:cool2:

/ L3200 ver L3800 PTO #8  
Congrats on the purchase

/ L3200 ver L3800 PTO #9  
With the gear tractors, the 3200 is a transmission driven PTO and the 3800 in independent with a 2-stage clutch.

Both will work for what you want to do, with a stationary implement. But the difference is when using something that requires the tractor moving. The 3800 has an independent PTO with a 2-stage clutch. What that means is you can press the clutch about half way, and the tractors transmission is disengaged allowing you to stop or make a gear change WHILE the pto continues to turn.

The 3200 does NOT have that 2-stage clutch. That means everytime you press the clutch to slow down, stop, or change gears, the PTO stops as well. Kinda like the old 8n's if you are familiar. This is really only a PITA if you are mowing or something. I dont see it being an issue at all with a stationary implement.

Now I dont think things changed on the 3200/3800, I have a 3400 which was the old model of these, and to allow the PTO to operate while you are off the seat, you first turn it in (while seated), make sure the tractor is in neutral, (good idea to set the brake but not required), and then get off the tractor. As soon as you leave the seat, flip it up. If you dont flip it up, the tractor will die in 1 second. But flipping it up allows it to keep running.
Kudo's to you LD1, best explanation I've seen on PTO's.
DevilDog

/ L3200 ver L3800 PTO #10  
Thanks Guys,, I ended up going with the L3200 anyway because it was a pretty good deal. Got a few hours seat time this weekend with a 5' bush hog on the back,, the PTO works real good and once the blades are spinning you can change gears and such with out any issues at all.. Compared to the BX 2660 is night and day difference. Very happy with the machine.:cool2:

Very good tractor, it'll serve you well. Congrats!