Price Check on a M5640su please

/ Price Check on a M5640su please #1  

keegs

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5640SUD
I have two hay fields, about 50 acres, that I want to keep cut and a long driveway that needs regular grooming and during winter months needs to be kept clear of snow.

I've been looking at the Mahindras for a while now (the 5525 and the 5530) but the closest dealer is almost 70 miles from us (in northern Maine). The Kioti seems to have lots of features and relativly lower pricing but some of the problems I've read about over at the Kioti forums have given me some pause. The local Kubota dealer is less than 20 miles away and seems to run a pretty good shop both in sales and maint., though I don't think I can really determine in advance how a dealer is going to handle a problem if one should arise.

After looking through the prices and specs I think I like the M5640su. It seems the right size and offers the basic features that I'm looking for. The price online for the tractor alone comes to just over $23k with the rebate. Is that what I should expect to pay? Are there any other incentives or areas to wiggle around?

TIA

/ Price Check on a M5640su please #2  
Generally speaking if you go the the Kubota web site and use the "Build my Kubota" feature you will get a msrp price. Take that and then negotiate with the dealer. It is not uncommon the get a discount of anyware between 10% to 20% off of the list price. I would also check with Barlows to get a price. Good luck.

/ Price Check on a M5640su please #3  
I was quoted $26,700 for an m5640sud 4wd with loader and skid steer quick attach with fluid in the tires back in may. I ended up getting an mx5100hst but the 5640 is a nice simple tractor. Good luck!

/ Price Check on a M5640su please #4  
i say go for the 5640 my dealer gave me a price of 26.5k thats was way to much i payed 30k even for my 7040sud thats a steal dont think bout not getting just get it thats has the same fel as my 7040 there a good fel you wont regret it

/ Price Check on a M5640su please
Kubota is offering 0% financing and a $2k rebate on the M5640 until Dec. 31. 2012. Anyone have any idea whether these incentives will continue into the new year? TIA