Gary from Barlows just called....Marvin is on his way!!

/ Gary from Barlows just called....Marvin is on his way!! #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
Got to go! Marvin is on his way with my new F3080 72" deck. He picked up the F2680e earlier at the rental property one mile from their dealer lot. It's 5 miles to my home from their lot.

/ Gary from Barlows just called....Marvin is on his way!! #2  
Congratulations. Have fun.

/ Gary from Barlows just called....Marvin is on his way!!
Marvin has come and gone. My Christmas present has been delivered. Sending my 2010 model to the rental property. My Grand daughter Peyton and today is her and her twin brother Elijahs 8th Birthday. Reason I bought the RTV1140 which has turned into a Kubota that I use often and should have gotten it years sooner.
DSCF1627.jpgDSCF1628.jpgDSCF1629.jpgDSCF1630.jpgDSCF1631.jpgDSCF1632.jpgDSCF1633.jpgDSCF1634.jpgDSCF1635.jpgDSCF1636.jpgDSCF1637.jpgDSCF1638.jpgDSCF1639.jpgDSCF1640.jpgDSCF1641.jpg

/ Gary from Barlows just called....Marvin is on his way!! #4  
OK John Thomas,

You have a real Mowing Machine now....You are going to enjoy that....That is going to be neat to be able to see the deck up front like that and 6 ft. is going to be a time saver....Looks like that mower deck comes up without coming off...for service...Have Fun and congrats....

Oh by the way....what are you gonna buy next...?:confused3:

/ Gary from Barlows just called....Marvin is on his way!! #5  
John Thomas,
Congratulations! Those F series machines are awesome and not so well known in some ways. I've got an F2260 that I use to mow an otherwise impossible yard (hills are way to steep for a zero turn or belly mower on a tractor) and it's actually comfortable doing it with the F. Having four wheel drive and a diesel engine that will run forever is a huge plus too. I'm surprised the commercial lawn mowing guys don't use them more.

I've got a B3300SU with backhoe coming from Barlow's soon - partially due to your endorsement here on TBN. Tell Brady he needs to buy you lunch for that sale.

Dan

/ Gary from Barlows just called....Marvin is on his way!! #6  
Congratulations...

Question...that does look like a "tough" machine. Do you set deck height electronically? COuld you add chains on this model?

Reason I ask is that I mow a small field...currently with a Craftman 25HP 42" with weights and chains on back wheels. The field is pretty rough and I generally only mow 1-2 times per year so the grass/weeds get pretty tall. The Craftsman has done pretty well but I have had problems with breaking deck spindles...they are pretty light weight cast aluminum...have gotten pretty good at replacing them. I also mow other trails and cabin land that while it is not quite lawn has been mowed for many years. Wonder if the spindles on that tractor are quite a bit sturdier than the cheapos on the Craftsman. BTW...I know the Crafsman is not designed to that type of mowing.

Probably the F mowers are not the right tool either. Just thought with chains and the deck visible in front it would potentially work better.

Again...enjoy you new Kubota...BTW...we have a Polaris Ranger side by side and agree it was one of the best purchases we have made. Rarely goes anywgere without a couple of grandkids along (Ranger has 3 wide seat)...TMR

P.S. On edit...Sorry the above is a bit poorly worded :) Guess I was asking if the F series could be used for a little "light weight" brush/weed cutting on uneven terrain?? Thanks...TMR

/ Gary from Barlows just called....Marvin is on his way!! #7  
Congratulations, good looking machine.

/ Gary from Barlows just called....Marvin is on his way!! #8  
Congratulations. I enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for posting.

/ Gary from Barlows just called....Marvin is on his way!!
OK John Thomas,

You have a real Mowing Machine now....You are going to enjoy that....That is going to be neat to be able to see the deck up front like that and 6 ft. is going to be a time saver....Looks like that mower deck comes up without coming off...for service...Have Fun and congrats....

Oh by the way....what are you gonna buy next...?:confused3:
Finished buying:) I now have the F3080 that I've owned since June 2010 and the new F3080 and the B2620 FEL BH and the RTV1140 so not seeing any thing additional or different in the near future. The Fs are the greatest mowing machines made
John Thomas,
Congratulations! Those F series machines are awesome and not so well known in some ways. I've got an F2260 that I use to mow an otherwise impossible yard (hills are way to steep for a zero turn or belly mower on a tractor) and it's actually comfortable doing it with the F. Having four wheel drive and a diesel engine that will run forever is a huge plus too. I'm surprised the commercial lawn mowing guys don't use them more.

I've got a B3300SU with backhoe coming from Barlow's soon - partially due to your endorsement here on TBN. Tell Brady he needs to buy you lunch for that sale.

Dan
This is my 3rd F and now have 2, one for my rental property and my new one for my home hillside property. Will tell Brady he owes me a Hardees Thickburger.:laughing:
Congratulations...

Question...that does look like a "tough" machine. Do you set deck height electronically? COuld you add chains on this model?
The deck front lifts hydraulicly, with the right hand front lever. Set wheels for cutting height but deck lifts and lowers by hydraulic power. I guess chains can be used but can't imagine ever needing them except on ice and don't know why one would have it on ice.
Reason I ask is that I mow a small field...currently with a Craftman 25HP 42" with weights and chains on back wheels. The field is pretty rough and I generally only mow 1-2 times per year so the grass/weeds get pretty tall. The Craftsman has done pretty well but I have had problems with breaking deck spindles...they are pretty light weight cast aluminum...have gotten pretty good at replacing them. I also mow other trails and cabin land that while it is not quite lawn has been mowed for many years. Wonder if the spindles on that tractor are quite a bit sturdier than the cheapos on the Craftsman. BTW...I know the Crafsman is not designed to that type of mowing.
I've mowed grass that's a few feet tall and all you have to do is slow down a bit so it can cut/recut several times as you move forward to get a lawn quality cut. The spindles would be no comparison to a Craftsman mower no more than a dump truck would be comparable to a Honda Civic. Totally different worlds. These Fs are the best toughest great riding mowing machine made. I've cut thru small trees, brush and keep a finished trail thru the woods with mine by cutting it a couple of times a year. With the 4wd on the F3080 or F3680 they are almost unstoppable. The front deck will cut it and then drive thru. It does sit lower than a tractor so I'm not talking about crawling across rock fields and thru streams but it will climb up the side of a fairly level mountain. Raise the front deck and I've been places I'd not take a small tractor, the F is closer to the ground so more stable to ground, weights almost all near the ground and especially with the 6' front deck and it's weight right on the ground
Probably the F mowers are not the right tool either. Just thought with chains and the deck visible in front it would potentially work better.

Again...enjoy you new Kubota...BTW...we have a Polaris Ranger side by side and agree it was one of the best purchases we have made. Rarely goes anywgere without a couple of grandkids along (Ranger has 3 wide seat)...TMR

P.S. On edit...Sorry the above is a bit poorly worded :) Guess I was asking if the F series could be used for a little "light weight" brush/weed cutting on uneven terrain?? Thanks...TMR

The F can be used and I have used my F3080 4wd (have/had a 2 wd F2680 for over 4 years which is what I traded for this F3080 4wd) for over 2 mowing seasons cutting some fairly rough, weedy, small trees, steep hillside, gullied and uneven terrain with only clouds of dirt shooting out the rear with the rear discharge deck. They will do what you describe with ease and still mow your fine finished yard. The front deck lifts straight up in the front to sharpen the blades after you hit those hidden rocks in the field. I have several limestone rocks in my yard that I'm mowing down small bits at a time, keep thinking that I'm clearing that one till I here theching, ching, ching :thumbdown: :D

/ Gary from Barlows just called....Marvin is on his way!! #10  
Finished buying:) I now have the F3080 that I've owned since June 2010 and the new F3080 and the B2620 FEL BH and the RTV1140 so not seeing any thing additional or different in the near future.

Yeah, right. Let us know in a few months, when the "near future" is past, what you're buying next. :laughing: