Is anyone looking at the M59?

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #81  
Hi Anthony

I would have sent you photos of my backhoe QA but Kubota uses a different setup in Canada from what they use in the US so photos of my machine would not be relevant. IIRC you have to go with QA buckets if you want the thumb on the L39 or L45 because they attach attach to enlarged bosses on the thumb and the pin on buckets won't work with the thumb in place. There is a Canadian TBN'er who purchased a used US L39 and his father subsequently purchased an L45 in Canada and that is when he learned that his US L39 QA was not the same as that which came on the Canadian L45. He subsequently changed his L39 QA to match the L45 so that he and his father could swap buckets so it is possible he still has the US QA for the L39. Let me know if you are interested and I'll see if I can find and point you to him.

That being said, the US QA uses a pin similar to what is in your attachment. The Canadian setup uses a wedge shaped piece of steel held in place with a bolt.

Regards,

Lauren

Ah yes. I remember seeing that in pictures and wondering what was going on. Even in the US there are multiple versions of the quick attach and I am positive I have the less common one.

My hopes is that I can get someone to take a couple measurements of their Kubota setup. My gut tells me the dimensions are the same and I should be able to order the greasable pins straight from Kubota and Fab my own fingers. I just don't want to order the $150 pin and be stuck with it if it won't work.

Ac

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #82  
Anyone know the price difference between the L45 and the M59? I think it is around $5-6K. The reason I ask is I looked at both side by side and the M59 is much bigger though some of the specs are comparable (20-25% +/- on certain specs). I personally would go with the M59 due to the larger size, but that is specific to my needs and everyones needs are different. The L45 sure is impressive for that size of tractor.

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #83  
the m59 are close to 60k i priced one the l45 is in the mid 40s why do you need a m59 you have 2 l48 and a kx use the kx for heavy digging

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #84  
I would sell 1 L48 as it nears replacement age/hours and get a M59 or M7040. I need 2 heavy duty machines at all times. Having 2 L48s with 1 hoe to share between the 2 saved me $30K+ than having L48 and M59 as hoe is not interchangable.

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #85  
Anyone know the price difference between the L45 and the M59? I think it is around $5-6K. The reason I ask is I looked at both side by side and the M59 is much bigger though some of the specs are comparable (20-25% +/- on certain specs). I personally would go with the M59 due to the larger size, but that is specific to my needs and everyones needs are different. The L45 sure is impressive for that size of tractor.

Sometimes there is more to it than just the size :)

The L45 fits in my garage, fits through my barn doors and can be towed on my trailer behind my truck. All of that changes if I go M59.

ac

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #86  
+1 for the BX24 count. I too, look a lot at the L45 and M59 but that's all I can do. For now :)

Matt.

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #87  
BX22: 0

BX23:0

BX24: 1

BX25: 1

B21: 1

B26: 1

L35: 2

L39: 1

L45: 6

L48: 4

M59: 4

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

Now, let's hear from the rest of Tough 'Little' Brutes Nation!

Last edited:
   / Is anyone looking at the M59? #88  
BXinNH,

Slowly but surely, we almost have at least one representative from each model.

Glad you replied.

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #89  
Anybody with either a BX22 or 23, would love to add you to the list.

Getting pretty close to having the whole "family" in the group photo.

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #90  
CHDinCT,

You're the first BX to stand up and be counted. Glad you replied to this thread.

I too am sort of surprised about the rather quiet nature of the other BX owners. Would love to hear from your all.

I am a proud owner of a BX2200 and an L355 do those count?
Dennis