Is anyone looking at the M59?

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #1  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
I haven't seen many postings from potential M59 buyers in the last year or so and was wondering why not?

Anyway, I've had an M59 for about 4 years now, and was chatting with some other owners when the conversation turned to curiosity why our tractors weren't a whole lot more popular.

I sure don't know....Why is it that we don't we see more of them? So I thought I'd ask it here.
Th M59 has a good rep, and deserves it. Rugged, comfortable, industrial quality, smooth controls, and plenty of power. Seems like we would see them everywhere, but we don't.
Just curious, rScotty

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #2  
Do you think that it might be that they are A LOT of $$$$$. :confused3: The M59 is intended for the commercial industry and not the typical homeowner that most of the forum users are.

Just my thoughts. :2cents:

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #3  
rScotty,

I beleive several reasons - they are large TLB's and I beleive the TLB in general are fewer on TBN the larger size you have. I dont have the stats but I would bet there are several hundred BX25 then B21/26 aound 100, L39-48 size probably 50 or so and M59 size maybe 25-50..

When you get to the M59 cost point, there are a lot of options in the used market for full size TLB's as well. Just my thoughts.

Carl

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #4  
WoW Tractordata list .....$54k.....I need something beefy but that's way out of my league.

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #5  
I don't know about where you are but up here the M59 is very expensive.A person can buy a good used backhoe for the same,or less,money and have a cab and stronger machine.There was one for sale here,with a Laurin cab and most factory options that took well over a year for the guy to sell.I called him about it and he agreed that most people would buy a used backhoe first for the money,he was asking around 52000 dollars.I talked to my dealer about it and he said the same thing.He said they brought one in one time and had a hard time selling it.The only way he would bring one in now is if he had a buyer for it first.I think the M59 is a very nice machine but is at a price point that makes it hard to sell.Most people will spend less for a smaller tractor,that isn't as capable,or more for a full sized backhoe.

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #6  
They fall in that range where they are too small for big stuff and way to expensive for the small stuff. I picked up a real good tractor/loader/backhoe plus a 6ton mini excavator and still had a lot of money left over. When something that size is pushing $60k it is not going to be very popular.:2cents:

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #7  
The M59 is a niche tractor. You need all the right requirements to put out that kind of money for one. It's to big for the majority of home owners and why in the world would someone such as myself that has a little bit of land, buy one when I can (and have) buy a used full sized TLB for half the price or le$$ that will dig circles around the M59? Like I said, they are a niche machine and there apparently are not that many niches that need to be filled. ;)

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #8  
I was looking pretty hard at the M59 but settled on the L45 TLB, probably 90% for the cost difference and 10% for the extra weight and needing a larger rig to tow. I sold off two full size backhoes and a skid steer loader to raise the money for my L45 and so far (25hrs) have been happy with it. In my area you rarely see full size backhoes anymore as the majority of contractors (outside the utility companies) have gone to skid steers and mini ex's. I was out pushing snow this morning and was very surprised at how fast the HST+ was as compared to my old backhoes. I will admit though, last week when I was digging in a surface well for my wife at the farm, I really could have used that extra 2 feet of digging depth. But as it turned out, the column of water raised up to about 3 feet inside the standpipe and so far, it refreshes as fast the pump can draw it down.

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #9  
Wouldn't go into my garage due to height of fixed canopy or I would have gotten one had the chance to get a good deal on a leftover just wouldn't go through my garage door

/ Is anyone looking at the M59? #10  
i looked at the 59 TLB before buying my 7040 the reason i didnt the cost like others have said a backhoe coat a few $$$$ more a case would be the way to go or a john deere