Price Check KUBOTA - 2013 Finance Offers?

/ KUBOTA - 2013 Finance Offers? #21  
Jeez, I guess it's true - you get lied to everyday of your life! What a world....

/ KUBOTA - 2013 Finance Offers? #22  
I fought hard for anything extra I could get, like 72 mos finance @0%. Was told not an option - even for dealers. Did get all my tires filled and FEL bucket hook free, and they discounted the asking price of everything near 5%. Her in NOVA everything is more expensive to start with anyway. Was one of the easiest sales I've gone thru in a long time.
Byrd Tractor of Manssas, VA. Been looking for Workshop Service Manual and Parts Manual and even with a 10% buyer's discount they're way too expensive. You'd think as much as parts, even maintainance parts cost, Kubota and the dealers would make the manuals affordable. After all, they will get markup on parts over and over, as by my research Kubotas are very reliable - IF MAINTAINED PROPERLY.

Check E-bay for the manuals. I got a real nice shop/service manual in binder form for my B7200D real cheap.

/ KUBOTA - 2013 Finance Offers? #23  
Check E-bay for the manuals. I got a real nice shop/service manual in binder form for my B7200D real cheap.

Thanks mjaybee, been and keeping looking everywhere. Ebay wants $119 just for the service manual, cheaper everywhere else!
I just don't have $120 for the manuals (average cost of both). :smiley_aafz:

/ KUBOTA - 2013 Finance Offers? #24  
Thanks mjaybee, been and keeping looking everywhere. Ebay wants $119 just for the service manual, cheaper everywhere else!
I just don't have $120 for the manuals (average cost of both). :smiley_aafz:

I know lots of people say to get a service manual. If I bought a 10 year old 2000 hour tractor I might try to find a service manual. When I bought my first or second or maybe third Kubota I tought about buying a service manual but with the cost I decided I'd lay low until a cheap one came available. By my fourth and fifth Kubota I decided I'd never needed it on any of the previous models and by the eleventh and twelvth Kubota I thought about how much money I'd have wasted if I had bought service manuals for all of the previously owned Kubotas. Maybe I could have gotten part of my money back by selling them when I sold the tractor but maybe not much. Now on my 13th, 14th and 15th Kubota it never enters my mind to get a service manual. Changing all the fluids and filters and greasing all the fittings and filling the fuel tank is all so simple and covered in the owners manual and any side issues can usually be answered here and anything to complex will get mine to Barlows experienced mechanic.
I'm not saying Kubotas never tear up but new ones are pretty dependable and regular service is very simple and fairly obvious to do. I also some what believe if one can't figure it out they maybe shouldn't be working on it. Just my experience and opinion which cost nothing so it may be worth nothing. I believe your getting hung up on a molehill that probably will never be an issue in the next 10 years of your life, maybe even longer. Again, I was where you are several times.
Use your tractor and enjoy yourself and be careful. You have a fine rugged dependable machine at your disposal.:thumbsup:

/ KUBOTA - 2013 Finance Offers? #25  
I know lots of people say to get a service manual. If I bought a 10 year old 2000 hour tractor I might try to find a service manual. When I bought my first or second or maybe third Kubota I tought about buying a service manual but with the cost I decided I'd lay low until a cheap one came available. By my fourth and fifth Kubota I decided I'd never needed it on any of the previous models and by the eleventh and twelvth Kubota I thought about how much money I'd have wasted if I had bought service manuals for all of the previously owned Kubotas. Maybe I could have gotten part of my money back by selling them when I sold the tractor but maybe not much. Now on my 13th, 14th and 15th Kubota it never enters my mind to get a service manual. Changing all the fluids and filters and greasing all the fittings and filling the fuel tank is all so simple and covered in the owners manual and any side issues can usually be answered here and anything to complex will get mine to Barlows experienced mechanic.
I'm not saying Kubotas never tear up but new ones are pretty dependable and regular service is very simple and fairly obvious to do. I also some what believe if one can't figure it out they maybe shouldn't be working on it. Just my experience and opinion which cost nothing so it may be worth nothing. I believe your getting hung up on a molehill that probably will never be an issue in the next 10 years of your life, maybe even longer. Again, I was where you are several times.
Use your tractor and enjoy yourself and be careful. You have a fine rugged dependable machine at your disposal.:thumbsup:

Thanks JOHNTHOMAS, you're probably right.
I've been working on all my other vehicles and equipement for years - and other folk's too - with no manuals, or just from info, as I needed it, found from other sources. Everything till now has been gas - the only thing I've ever done with deisel is add fuel and start burning barrel fires. I think the 'deisel' is ringing alarms in my head and the idea of manuals just seem(ed) to be the way to turn off those alarms. Guess the Boy Scout in me was just wanting to be prepared.
I'm sure I can easily do, at very least, the basic maintainance and simple repairs. You're response alone has already boosted my ok factor of not having those manuals on my shelf. I guess after I get my hands dirty for the first time, I'll be more confident. Just have 20hrs so far and first maint. due at 50hrs. Thanks for your response! KW

/ KUBOTA - 2013 Finance Offers? #26  
I know lots of people say to get a service manual. If I bought a 10 year old 2000 hour tractor I might try to find a service manual. When I bought my first or second or maybe third Kubota I tought about buying a service manual but with the cost I decided I'd lay low until a cheap one came available. By my fourth and fifth Kubota I decided I'd never needed it on any of the previous models and by the eleventh and twelvth Kubota I thought about how much money I'd have wasted if I had bought service manuals for all of the previously owned Kubotas. Maybe I could have gotten part of my money back by selling them when I sold the tractor but maybe not much. Now on my 13th, 14th and 15th Kubota it never enters my mind to get a service manual. Changing all the fluids and filters and greasing all the fittings and filling the fuel tank is all so simple and covered in the owners manual and any side issues can usually be answered here and anything to complex will get mine to Barlows experienced mechanic

Well JT there's nothing wrong with your perspective on the subject. It works for you and that's all that matters. My perspective from someone who trades tractors less frequently than you (once in 11 years) is that the workshop manual cost is a small price to pay for the wealth of knowledge it provides about your tractor that is not available in the owners manual. If you are ever going to troubleshoot , service, or repair your tractor on your own it is well worth the $80 or so it costs for the work shop manual. Most of us don't have a direct line to our Kubota dealer like you do (j/k)! Seriously though, you have a great dealer in Barlows but a lot of us have to pay for things like pick up and delivery so we are more apt to try stuff on our own before shelling out the transportation charges and losing our tractor for a week or two while they work on it. I hope that I never need the manual but that seems pretty unrealistic if I'm keeping the tractor for ten plus years.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ KUBOTA - 2013 Finance Offers? #27  
This is what my 'bota dealer told me when I purchased. Yes, at the time Kubota was only offering 0% on 5 year, maybe 6; dealer was able to give 7 years.

There is no "secret financing club". Anyone can do a rate buy down like that by paying the cost of the interest. Any financing company will typically do that, but its rarely done because ultimately the customer ends up paying the expense somewhere.

/ KUBOTA - 2013 Finance Offers? #28  

Another source for information is on the Kubota website under parts. You can open an illustrated parts diagram of almost every piece of a particular tractor. The pictorial part of the diagram shows the order of assembly and each piece separately. For areas that I might frequent I open the picture in Adobe and print off the page. It gives me the picture and a description of each part with the part number. I can usually figure the rest out from that information. Best part,,,,, it's all free!!!! I guess if you were patient enough, you could print the entire parts manual from there, again, free!!!

/ KUBOTA - 2013 Finance Offers? #29  
There is no "secret financing club". Anyone can do a rate buy down like that by paying the cost of the interest. Any financing company will typically do that, but its rarely done because ultimately the customer ends up paying the expense somewhere.

You are certainly in a much more knowledgeable position as to Kubota financing than I. The only thing I can tell you is that the price of the tractor was the same no matter what amount of years I chose and what lender I opted to use. I do understand the extra year or two does add a bit more juice on the insurance.

/ KUBOTA - 2013 Finance Offers? #30  
I fought hard for anything extra I could get, like 72 mos finance @0%. Was told not an option - even for dealers. Did get all my tires filled and FEL bucket hook free, and they discounted the asking price of everything near 5%. Her in NOVA everything is more expensive to start with anyway. Was one of the easiest sales I've gone thru in a long time.
Byrd Tractor of Manssas, VA. Been looking for Workshop Service Manual and Parts Manual and even with a 10% buyer's discount they're way too expensive. You'd think as much as parts, even maintainance parts cost, Kubota and the dealers would make the manuals affordable. After all, they will get markup on parts over and over, as by my research Kubotas are very reliable - IF MAINTAINED PROPERLY.

I wish I would have known. I could have recommended a dealer but it would have been a little ride for you.

Here is a link to the manuals.http://www.lashleytractorsales.com/Kubota-BX-Series/Kubota-BX1860D-Tractor/Kubota-BX1860D-Manuals