Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Default Re: L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing

I know early you said your were going to pay cash for the implements. Have you looked at a Woods HBL-84 or a Monroe Tuffline GB4-84. I think they are both stronger than LP2684 and the DD 5007. They both should be in the $1200 range. Everything attachments just came out with a new grapple it looks really nice. Everything Attachments Wicked Root Grapple for Compact Tractors

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Hydraulic angling. None of us are getting any younger.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3940; 1942 Farmall H (for sale)

Can always get the hydraulics custom added. Seems like a bigger PitA to unbolt for offset.
    Last edited by Maibox; 01-04-2013 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Typo

Tractor
    March 2012 new L45--sold/Kubota M59 TLB/sold bx24 and L3830

Quote Originally Posted by Maibox View Post
    So dealer sent me an email and said grapple manufacturer recommended 64" grapple with the L3940. It weighs about 140 lbs more than the 48". I almost took the recommendation but then I read through a bunch of the grapple threads and changed my mind, yet again, and told him to go back to 48".

I got prices on the LP RB2684 and 3584. The 26 is about $300 more than the Dirt Dog 5007 and the 35 is $1,200. Hard to justify.

Hope I don't regret either decision but without the experience I'm thankful to have the folks here that were kind enough to voice their opinions.
    I think you'll be happy with either size grapple. I tend to like the dealers suggestion. I have had two now and try to get as close to the width of the rear tires as possible. After all, My Loader bucket is not 48" either. Keep in mind, I'm not knocking any others opinions, but only giving you mine. I like to clear the width of my rear tires as I move thru brush, logs and debris. Especially if I'm bush hogging and don't want my rear tire or bush hog running over something I missed. I hope you like the L3940, I had THE L3830 and loved it. Great tractor! I agree you do want to get the correct weight though.
    Shane
    Current Tractor L45,Trailer Big Tex 20 14,000GVW tilt, woods 84 Box Blade
    Former Tractors Bx24,L3830 Bradco Backhoe, M59 TLB with front remotes and Thumb.
    Skid steer solution grapple grx 74 PJ 25FT GN 22,000lb GVW

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Can always get the hydraulics custom added. Seems like a bigger PitA to unfold for offset.
    Yes sir, all sorts of things can be done.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Hydraulic angle would be very nice to have on 3PH blade but I think a TNT would be better to have at first. it would be more versatile. if you are going to be just your own driveway you can probably angle it one notch and leave it there for the majority or maybe all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kytractor View Post
    I think you'll be happy with either size grapple. I tend to like the dealers suggestion. I have had two now and try to get as close to the width of the rear tires as possible. After all, My Loader bucket is not 48" either. Keep in mind, I'm not knocking any others opinions, but only giving you mine. I like to clear the width of my rear tires as I move thru brush, logs and debris. Especially if I'm bush hogging and don't want my rear tire or bush hog running over something I missed. I hope you like the L3940, I had THE L3830 and loved it. Great tractor! I agree you do want to get the correct weight though.
    You are right a grapple would be very nice to have on while brush hogging.

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

So dealer sent me an email and said grapple manufacturer recommended 64" grapple with the L3940. It weighs about 140 lbs more than the 48". I almost took the recommendation but then I read through a bunch of the grapple threads and changed my mind, yet again, and told him to go back to 48".

I got prices on the LP RB2684 and 3584. The 26 is about $300 more than the Dirt Dog 5007 and the 35 is $1,200. Hard to justify.

Hope I don't regret either decision but without the experience I'm thankful to have the folks here that were kind enough to voice their opinions.
    You'll be happy with the 48 and the extra cash in your wallet. There are a whole bunch of guys with similar size tractors here that got the 48. I don't recall anyone ever saying they wished they'd gotten a bigger one.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3940; 1942 Farmall H (for sale)

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    You'll be happy with the 48 and the extra cash in your wallet. There are a whole bunch of guys with similar size tractors here that got the 48. I don't recall anyone ever saying they wished they'd gotten a bigger one.
    I read a bunch of the threads (many of them in which you posted ) which is what convinced me. Now if I could just make up my mind on the **** blade...still leaning towards the DD5007 for the exact reason 94Bullitt mentions--except when pushing, it'll be at the first angle and offset to the right to get this stupid white dirt of my driveway in the winter.

For tire chains I would look into getting something like the Aquiline MPC chains. They are not cheap but are built to be used on pavement. I'm a firm believer in "you get what you paid for", tire chains included. They cost more because the steel used is a much stronger grade.
    -chainaquilinempcbox-jpg

When I got my 4240 I didn't get a cab because I also use it in the woods. If you only have a couple of trails you drive on and you can clear the branches out then I would look into a cab. For me that's not really an option. On rare occasions I wouldn't mind a cab but the number of times that I would have broke a window or ripped a mirror off reminds me that no cab was the correct choice.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

Yeah.. me I didn't get a cab because I couldn't afford one.. and truth be told, for the few times a year I'm really wishful I had it, I'm glad I saved the money. The last couple days falls into the "wish I had it" category, with cold and blowing snow. I like fresh air in summer too, and we don't get truly stinking hot weather when you need AC to survive. Those days, I stay on the verandah and have a cool drink.

I'd have it beat to death in the woods too..

Sean

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast