L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing
Looks like the grapple will be delivered to dealer in 2 weeks and everything else is about ready. Once the grapple arrives, then we'll schedule delivery. Getting pretty excited...anyone have a magic story to convince my wife I'm not nuts?

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #102  
Show her these pics.. it puts everything into perspective. One is my wife mowing our horse pasture, another is clearing snow after a big storm two years ago, a third is her after plowing our vegetable garden, fourth is me backfilling our barn foundation, fifth is a load of firewood on the winch, sixth is the post hole auger ready to go to work, it just goes on and on. You don't really get a true picture of how much backbreaking work these things save you until you own one. Hiring the work out is possible, sure, but after the job is done you have nothing to show for it. They're an investment, really. Not a lot of monetary return, but a ton of satisfaction and jobs accomplished.

DSC01007.jpgDSC00415.jpgDSC00562.jpgDSC01406.jpgDSC00275.jpgDSC00893.jpg

Sean

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #103  
Show her these pics.. it puts everything into perspective. One is my wife mowing our horse pasture, another is clearing snow after a big storm two years ago, a third is her after plowing our vegetable garden, fourth is me backfilling our barn foundation, fifth is a load of firewood on the winch, sixth is the post hole auger ready to go to work, it just goes on and on. You don't really get a true picture of how much backbreaking work these things save you until you own one. Hiring the work out is possible, sure, but after the job is done you have nothing to show for it. They're an investment, really. Not a lot of monetary return, but a ton of satisfaction and jobs accomplished.

Sean

I guess it depends on how one looks at it. If you were to hire the things out that you do when YOU WANT it done, (not in someone else's time frame) I think that most of us have paid for our equipment many times over. I know for a FACT that I have. ;)

I guess it's like any other large expenditure. It will be clear in a few years whether it makes sense now. In the meantime, I'll have fun trying to make it worthwhile.

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #105  
You will also have the satisfaction of doing the job yourself.

You will also have the satisfaction of doing the job yourself.

Hopefully it will be the satisfaction of job well done, but we'll also have to see about that too. :laughing:

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #107  
Hopefully it will be the satisfaction of job well done, but we'll also have to see about that too. :laughing:

Well another way I look at is if the job does not turn out right you can only be mad at yourself.

Well another way I look at is if the job does not turn out right you can only be mad at yourself.

I am quite familiar with that feeling...:)

Got the call. Tractor should be delivered either Wednesday or Thursday. :cool2:

Dealer wanted to know whether I wanted the 18' trailer they'd be delivering it on (dual axle, brakes both axles, ramps). He thought the trailer was a 7,000 lbs GTW. New other than the run to the house. Wanted $2k for it. Thoughts?

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #110  
Got the call. Tractor should be delivered either Wednesday or Thursday. :cool2:

Dealer wanted to know whether I wanted the 18' trailer they'd be delivering it on (dual axle, brakes both axles, ramps). He thought the trailer was a 7,000 lbs GTW. New other than the run to the house. Wanted $2k for it. Thoughts?

I don't think a 7k gross trailer is enough for that tractor. The tractor itself is probably around 6k plus implements. You need at least a 10k.