L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing
I decided to skip the trailer.

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #132  
Probably a good solution, at least for the time being. It'll help to keep peace in the house too. Not like there'll never be another one at a good price, and from what we could make out, it wasn't the best match for the tractor anyway.

I'm soon in the market for a truck, and I suspect shortly after that will be a horse trailer, which is the real driving force behind the truck buy.. seeing a pattern here?? I'll look around for a flat deck trailer myself then, the 7K would be a good match for my L3400, in fact.

Sean

Here's a picture of the tractor on the truck. It's safely in the barn waiting for it's first day of "work".

ForumRunner_20130118_115632.png

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #134  
Fun times! I like the way you "enclosed" the word work.. it sounds like you're embracing the whole concept of tractor work vs. real work. That understanding comes with membership in the Machinery Owner/Operator Secret Society of Manly Men.. very important the wimmenfolk not grasp the whole fun vs. work concept as applied to mechanized equipment.

I'd suggest practicing a few key phrases when you're sure she can't hear you.. just so you don't stumble over the words or start laughing ..

Ones like "Darn it all, the blasted driveway has drifted in again.. I guess I'm just gonna hafta go out there and clear it so you can get out tomorrow morning, honey.."..

Or "You can't be serious?? The grass in the back pasture grew again?? How high is it this time? Well, if there's no way out of it, I'll hafta take tomorrow off work and mow it.. supposed to rain cats and dogs on the weekend, ya know..",

Or my personal favourite, "That dam* Earl/George/Billy Bob down the road got seven loads of gravel delivered to his place to top dress that driveway from hel*. You know the one, I helped clear snow from it last winter! And now he's got the nerve to ask if I'll spread some of it out for him.. I tell ya, the day's comin' when I'm gonna tell Earl/George/Billy Bob to spread his own dam* gravel!!.."

Try to do it with a straight face, or it loses the effect. Once you're in the seat and that diesel's running in front of you, she won't even hear the giggle of glee as you head down the driveway. It's always worked for me, though she says I have more smile lines than ever these days. I just tell her it's old age, might soon have to look into a cab with heat and AC as I get more and more feeble. That's usually when she starts laughing and tells me to get the hel* out of the house while I'm ahead.

Nice looking rig by the way!! That belly mower on the truck must be for the BX on the trailer? For a minute there I thought you'd been forced to get the missus her own Kubota. That's a topic for another day though.

Congrats again!

Sean

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #136  
Congrats, now we need some shots of it in action.

Congrats, now we need some shots of it in action.

Working tomorrow and then temps will be in single digits w/o windchill beginning Sunday. I'm sure the tractor is tough enough to handle it, but I'm pretty sure I'm not. Might try to haul some firewood in from the woods tomorrow if I can find some time.

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #138  
single digits spell CAB best of luck to ya

Since the temps are in the single digits I decided to build a dolly for the grapple out of the pallet that the blade was on when delivered.

ForumRunner_20130120_131517.png

It didn't take long, and the tractor was just staring at me so I decided that despite the temps I needed to do a little "work". I drove around looking for wood piles the previous owner had left and then moved the wood behind the barn so I could split it later. Had to use the FEL to pry some of the chunks that were frozen to the ground.

ForumRunner_20130120_132135.png

I was quite surprised how maneuverable it was in the woods. I was also surprised how many downed trees and such I need to clean up.

Here it is after moving three or four buckets of wood.

ForumRunner_20130120_132453.png

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #140  
That's a darn good looking tractor! :thumbsup: what blade did you end up with?