Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3940; 1942 Farmall H (for sale)

Default Re: L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing

Quote Originally Posted by dbaer78 View Post
    That's a darn good looking tractor! what blade did you end up with?
    Thank you. Ended up with Dirt Dog 5007 which is identical to a Bush Hog 5007.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

Looks like you're having decent weather at least.. we had +10C here today, shirt sleeve weather after -19C last week. I plowed 2 driveways this morning to get down to bare gravel this afternoon once it warmed up.

Sean

Silver Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly807 View Post
    Looks like you're having decent weather at least.. we had +10C here today, shirt sleeve weather after -19C last week. I plowed 2 driveways this morning to get down to bare gravel this afternoon once it warmed up.
    I know I live in MN so I should get used to winter--but I hate it. I lasted about an hour in the 5-6 degree F weather. That said, I'm kind of looking forward to some snow.

Also, forgot to note that I put it in auto H-DS and I have to say, I liked it. Let me concentrate on operating the FEL which is completely new to me.

Silver Member

I can't believe they drive both of those tractors around with the FEL up in the air. I would have been pissed.

Silver Member
    Tractor

Very glad I went with the blade with the offset. It makes getting a wider path much easier, particularly since my driveway is higher compared to the property around it. I can push the snow a least a foot wider. The only issue is since the blade can be angled only to 30*, I can only used the first offset setting. Otherwise the offset evens out the blade angle so the snow doesn't flow off the blade to one side. If the blade had an angle to 45*, it would be even better.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

I find it helps to adjust the sway bars as far to one side as you can, they move almost laterally as opposed to an angle effect. Can you drill more holes to get a greater blade angle?

Sean

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

I am suprised it is not pulling the back end of the tractor around with it offset and angled. You should be able to get a pretty decent angle with it offset. Offseting my blade automatically angles it 15-20 degrees.

Silver Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    I am suprised it is not pulling the back end of the tractor around with it offset and angled. You should be able to get a pretty decent angle with it offset. Offseting my blade automatically angles it 15-20 degrees.
    I offset by rotating the arm of the blade toward the offset side. The blade stays perpendicular to the arm so the angle on the blade is from the outside in (so the snow goes down the middle, not off the side). To get an angle, I rotate the blade back the other direction. If I use 15* of offset and 30* of angle, I get 15* of angle from the inside out. I haven't had an issue with the offset pulling the tractor because the snow so far has been light (very cold temps) and only 3-5 inches. I imagine if we get a big, wet snow, I may have some issues.

@Chilly--no way to drill more holes without first trying to weld more plate and then I don't think it would rotate properly (there are guides).

I've had more issues learning to use the loader to push snow to the edge of the parking area and pick up and dump. My second time out was a lot better than the first and the third better than the second.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

You won't have much trouble with the blade pulling the tractor until you get big snow, like you thought. Mine's good up to about 8-10 inches and past that it wants to swing if I have it angled much.

Sean

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by Maibox View Post
    I offset by rotating the arm of the blade toward the offset side. The blade stays perpendicular to the arm so the angle on the blade is from the outside in (so the snow goes down the middle, not off the side). To get an angle, I rotate the blade back the other direction. If I use 15* of offset and 30* of angle, I get 15* of angle from the inside out. I haven't had an issue with the offset pulling the tractor because the snow so far has been light (very cold temps) and only 3-5 inches. I imagine if we get a big, wet snow, I may have some issues.

@Chilly--no way to drill more holes without first trying to weld more plate and then I don't think it would rotate properly (there are guides).

I've had more issues learning to use the loader to push snow to the edge of the parking area and pick up and dump. My second time out was a lot better than the first and the third better than the second.
    Your right, I was thinking wrong. When you offset the blade to the right it angles it to the left.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast