L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a look at the winch. (EDIT--took a look. Yikes! You weren't kidding when you said they weren't cheap).

Any thoughts on the size for a rear blade for snow removal? My driveway is about 8-9' wide with blacktop.

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #12  
If you are going to plow 1/3 mile get a front blade for the FEL. You could just get an old truck plow and modify it to fit quick attach plates. Way more useful for plowing than a rear blade.

@Morning Wood. I've considered that. Plan is to eventually get a front mount snow blower but I'm still on the fence. I am getting the MPTO set up just in case.

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #14  
MN + snow clearing - you are missing the cab

@Stub. I know--I've thought long and hard about it. However, at least half the time I'll be in woods and from what I've read while researching, cabs and woods don't mix well.

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #16  
Something along the lines of a bush hog brand 50-07 should work well. A 35-07 is to light in my opinion . Deeper snows are where this shows up. The 7ft width clears the tires when angled. The tractor size 3940 will handle either blade

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #17  
Sounds like you pretty well have it covered, not much on which to improve. Are you getting bucket hooks welded on? Shortly after I bought my Land Pride RCR2672, I decided to put rear guard chains, I had ordered chains on the front and rubber on the back, I really like chains; seems to spread cuttings better and nothing shoots out, so 5 feel much more comfortable mowing along roadways or around anything you don't want dinged up.

I really like the Top and Tilt, but don't know how much it would help you, but definitely find a hydraulic top link to be the handiest thing I ever put on a tractor.

Don't know anything about grapples, blowers or winches; Good luck

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #18  
+1 on the 7 foot blade, I have a 6 foot and it's really not wide enough for snow. You want to be able to "wing" the snow back from your clearing path without driving through the ridge left from the last storm. Offsetting the blade helps, but the extra foot of blade would be nice in my case.

I think you want at least a foot or more outside the wheel tracks on one side. Too much blade and the tractor won't pull it through deep snow. I think an 8 foot might be too much for the 3940 under heavy snow conditions, but I could be wrong too.

Since you already have rear remotes, if you can swing the cost a hydraulic angle blade is sweet. I added that feature to mine and would never choose to be without it now. Getting down off the tractor every time you want to change the blade angle gets really old in a hurry. You may want to look for a blade that accepts plow shoes though you may not need them if your drive is paved.

DSC00677.jpgView attachment 294714

Chains are probably going to be a wish item.. the tractor works better with them on snow or ice.

Sean

@TripleR: I hadn't thought to ask about hooks. I will now. Thanks.

@Chilly: Re: hydraulics. I'm on the fence--my budget is already ballooned. I'm looking at LP blades (dealer carries and can wrap into financing) and I believe a number of them have an add on kit I could add. I'll look at the cost.

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #20  
I used a rear blade for years to clean snow from blacktop driveway. Works okay, but for deep and heavy snow, not the best. I got front mount blade when I got my L3940, works great. If you are set on rear mount blade, Land Pride makes a nice heavy duty unit, RB1584, nice size and weight for L3940. I added the hydraulic angle myself. Philip.

Attachments

• BBLADE02.JPG
    BBLADE02.JPG
    805.6 KB · Views: 206
  • BBLADE01.JPG
    BBLADE01.JPG
    883.7 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN0639.jpg
    DSCN0639.jpg
    878.6 KB · Views: 214