L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #41  
No advantage to two thumbs on a human hand or grapple that size.

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing
I'll ask about the block heater and chains when I tell them I'll go with the 48 inch grapple (thanks Island).

My local dealer is $1,500 more on the tractor alone. Even with shipping I'm ahead.

Also, I did do some Craigslist prowling and found nothing within reasonable distance. Did find a couple of older front mount truck snow blades. I'm guessing there will be a bunch out there after winter.

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #44  
Just my :2cents: regarding a rear blade for your tractor. I would get nothing less than the LP2684

@MtnViewRanch-why do you recommend that?

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #46  
What's a good price for the 2684?

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #48  
What's a good price for the 2684?

Sorry, but I have no idea. :eek: I know that I can get an RBT3584 with skid shoes for under $2200 and it is twice the blade of the 2684.

If at all possible get whatever blade that you get with skid shoes. They can make a real big difference with how well the blade performs. ;)

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #49  
I'm with Brian on the 2684 blade, it's a better match HP - wise for the 3940. The 39 HP of your tractor falls in the middle of the recommended range instead of at the top. But I'm not paying for it either. Like I said earlier, we're good at spending someone else's money. I have 5 HP less than you and a 15 series blade. I'd rather have a stronger mouldboard and a few inches higher would be good for snow too.

The trouble with this time of year is that no one is selling used blades unless they want an arm and a leg for them.

Sean

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #50  
If you're going to plow snow, forget the rear blade and look at the quick attach power angle plow from Horst Welding. There are many dealers around. They are made in Canada. I have plowed with mine since 2006 and wouldn't have anything else. You can push snow into a pile twelve feet high. I used a rear blade for years before I bought my Branson. I had an Allis D12. My neck couldn't take looking backwards any more. You'll love it.