L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing
I hear you on used but I've been trolling Craigslist and looking at local dealer sites looking for good used blades but around here at least, there isn't much out there. Also, as far as interest, I'm actually putting a fair bit down so in reality, I'm really only financing part of the tractor and buying the implements...

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #82  
Remember that Kubota's interest rates were "0%" which means that you would not have paid any interest. This program ended today and I just checked and the programs for January have not yet been announced. Hopefully, they'll continue the "0%" program. Hopefully, I'll be able to find out tomorrow. Also, ANY Landpride implement purchased with a tractor, can be rolled into the "0%" program.

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #83  
I think they will do 0% again.

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #84  
Even if they don't, it opens the door to haggle again. As we've discussed in the past, 0% really just means they are re-pricing based on using the low interest rate as a discount. Normally there are two prices, one based on 0%, the other based on using your own money or someone elses.

I suspect Bullitt's right, the economy is too soft for them to be hard-nosed about pricing for very long. As an example Honda is offering less than 1% financing on new cars here in Canada at the moment.

And speaking of rear blades for snow and such, it's still snowing here, which means I'll be putting my gear to work again this morning. Spent a few hours clearing snow yesterday, today it's the neighbours 600 foot drifted in monster driveway... where's my "lottery tractor"? The one with heated cab and stereo, and 80 HP? Although, I doubt I'd need the heated cab in Arizona...

Sean

Sean

Kubota site shows financing offer extended to 3/31/13. Rebates may have gone down.

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #86  
All the companies play games with deadlines on interest rates.it is in their interest to make you think the finance deals will end soon. Highly unlikely they will raise rates but they all do raise prices periodically.

I'm still waiting to see what the real price increase with Tier 4 engines turns out to be.

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #87  
Typically Kubota has adjusted their base prices on March 1, at least in Canada. Usually their prices go up about 7-10% per year.

The only real trouble you may encounter is being unable to find an "old stock" 3940. Often a dealer won't have the machine you want on the lot, but will be able to find one at another dealer and ship it in. In the unlikely event a 3940 simply isn't available until after March 1, you MIGHT get stuck paying the higher price if there is an increase. That's when you haggle an available 4240 down to the same price. Dealers really hate to see customers walking out the door without a signed purchase agreement, particularly when the deal fell through because what they wanted to buy wasn't available. Once you're out the door, New Holland and Deere are just down the road.

I had something similar happen to me. When we negotiated the price, it was based on a pre-March delivery L3400 being available locally. When I went in to finalize the deal and order one, the closest one they could find was in Quebec. This was in October, getting close to the end of the model year, not that it makes a huge deal when it comes to tractors. If it had been the end of the production run or if all they could find was one that had been sitting on the lot for 2 years, I might not have an L3400. As it was it turned out well, they found an 09 that was pre-March delivery, so the original price I had negotiated applied without any argument.

Incidentally, don't let them BS you about tire types. If you want R4's, they should be the same price as R1's. I was told the original tires were the same cost regardless of which type you wanted. R4's are a more expensive tire, but the rims are cheaper so it balances out. So, if they say "We found a 3940, but it has R1's..." the correct response should be, "Well, I guess you're going to have to swap them, aren't you.." Maybe it was just my dealer that was so accomodating, but I got the impression it was a Kubota policy.

It's an expensive proposition to swap tires after the sale.. plus you're stuck with the old tires and rims. Even if someone here wanted to buy 'em, shipping is a killer.

Sean

Dealer has L3940 with R4's (delivered to them in Sept according to them), the RC, and the DD5007 (red). Has to order the grapple. I submitted credit app last Saturday and it was approved. The credit approval is for the full amount of the purchase (with some allowance for the blade). As I mentioned, I'm putting a significant chunk down as I have it--makes the payment pretty low. The only really decision point is the blade. I'm waiting to hear back on the prices for a couple of the options before finalizing. According to the dealer, should be looking at delivery in a few weeks.

I am thinking about chains as my drive way is fairly steep near the road with a turn and it tends to ice up. Any recommendations for blacktop friendly chains?

/ L3940 - Order Spec - Tell me what I'm missing #89  
You won't want the ones I have.. if they spin they claw some pretty good scratches in the asphalt.

Sean

So dealer sent me an email and said grapple manufacturer recommended 64" grapple with the L3940. It weighs about 140 lbs more than the 48". I almost took the recommendation but then I read through a bunch of the grapple threads and changed my mind, yet again, and told him to go back to 48".

I got prices on the LP RB2684 and 3584. The 26 is about $300 more than the Dirt Dog 5007 and the 35 is $1,200. Hard to justify.

Hope I don't regret either decision but without the experience I'm thankful to have the folks here that were kind enough to voice their opinions.