Done deal. Thanks for all the help!

/ Done deal. Thanks for all the help! #1  

bhh

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800
I wanted to thank everyone for all the help over the past few months. Its a "done" deal and I signed the papers on a new 4WD L3800 HST yesterday.

Went with the LA524 QA FEL and bucket, QA forks, Landpride 72" Rotary Cutter w/ QA and the dealer is installing the WB Long 3rd function axillary hydraulics for a Wildkat 48" grapple that I am ordering separately. I still need to add a wood chipper but that could not be included in the financing so I will probably just buy that in the spring when things dry out too much to burn.

My only question now is that I was able to opt out of the KTAC insurance as the machine is covered by my homeowners insurance but I am now re-considering if that was the right decision as it may be worth it for the peace of mind and so that I would not have to file a claim with H.O. and the resultant eternally higher rates if I had a problem with the tractor. It is probably too late to add it to the mortgage payments but I'm sure they will take my money if I decide to add the policy and just pay cash for it. Anyone care to opine?

Thanks again for all the great advise over the past few months. No doubt I have a MUCH more appropriate tool for my tasks than if I would have never come here and it is an incredibly valuable service the community here provides to the newbies.

/ Done deal. Thanks for all the help! #2  
Congrats on a fine tractor!

Can't add anything about the insurance, cause I've never had any on mine.

/ Done deal. Thanks for all the help! #3  
Get the insurance! its definitely worth it. I don't know what insurance you have for homeowners, but I will guarantee that if you look at the fine print they wont cover everything that might go wrong, and I can tell you now that they wont cover certain accidents especially if it is off of your property, which sounds unlikely, but is really more often than you might think with the average tractor owner (especially if you get a trailer with the deal). I bought the L3200 Fel ? BH77 backhoe, and got the KTAC insurance. For a new tractor its really great piece of mind because I call it "stupidity insurance". If I have my head (you know where) and do something that's my fault like drive into a large limb pile and drive a limb through the radiator.....they cover it! Warranty does not. That's just one example, but I like knowing that anything that goes wrong with my orange beauty is covered. Congratulations...you'll love this tractor.:cool2:

/ Done deal. Thanks for all the help! #4  
I opted to get the KTAC, even though I own a Kioti!.. Good insurance, and they pay off so everyone says. I have never had a claim but like others have said it covers more than your homeowners. They are an advertiser on this board. I am sure they would take your money:) I just pay them annually.

James K0UA

/ Done deal. Thanks for all the help! #5  
I opted to get the KTAC, even though I own a Kioti!.. Good insurance, and they pay off so everyone says. I have never had a claim but like others have said it covers more than your homeowners. They are an advertiser on this board. I am sure they would take your money:) I just pay them annually.

James K0UA

I pay annually as well...Its not really high either considering the coverage you get. I agree with you k0ua, homeowners doesn't cover even half of what KTAC will, and both would gladly take your money! ha ha:thumbsup:

/ Done deal. Thanks for all the help! #7  
Here's my thinkin'... My HO ins does cover loss of tractor and/or implements on the property as part of the "personal property" coverage (with deductible).
However, it seems that I am frequently off the property doing (unpaid) chores for neighbors, even trailering it. So, that's one consideration.

Next, it's my thought that liability is actually a bigger economic issue than loss or damage to the tractor etc. So following your (bhh) thinkin', I figure liability insurance for "stupidity" or accidents is the #1 issue.

Now lastly, I got the KTAC coverage for the tractor, FEL, MMM for the "stupidity" and just accidents that can occur along with extended liability coverage thru my HO with the tractor, FEL, MMM listed specifically as off the property. None of the many other attachments were listed in the off the property liability or KTAC. At least that's what I think I did. PS....none of the tractor/stuff is via a loan.....geeze that was more complicated than picking out which tractor to buy.:confused2:

/ Done deal. Thanks for all the help! #8  
Congrats on the new machine!

I went with my HO insurance. It covers my machine & implements for all sorts of damages, liability, etc. on my property and off so long as an incident doesn't occur during a paying job. Between the HO and auto policy, it's also covered while trailering. We have a very comprehensive policy for home & auto. Been doing it that way since 2008.

If I was doing a significant amount of paying jobs, I would have gone with the KTAC since the HO policy doesn't cover that, and those "inland marine" (or whatever they're calling them now) type policies that cover equipment used for paying jobs is very expensive.