MX 5100 Implements

/ MX 5100 Implements #1  

bfletch7441

Tractor
MX 5100
First post on here, so hello to all. Name is Ben and live in Sapulpa Oklahoma, just southwest of Tulsa. We live on 350 acres of family land. It's mostly scrub oak rocky hills but has a few 10+/- acre pastures. It's been neglected for about 10-15 years so the pastures have quite a bit of brush growing up in them. We plan on cleaning up the pastures and beginning to hay the fields. There is quite a bit of clearing to be done overall. I will do what I can, but will hire out the heavy work to a trackhoe/dozer operator.

My questions are about the equipment I will be buying. I plan on buying an MX 5100. I will be getting 4wd, a loader, hyd. top link w/ float, additional rear remote, and loaded tires. I also plan on buying a brush hog, box blade, sprayer, and spreader to begin the clean up process before buying equipment to hay the fields next year. Thoughts? Have I missed anything?

Ben

/ MX 5100 Implements #2  
:welcome:

/ MX 5100 Implements #3  
grapple makes for easier brush cleanup

/ MX 5100 Implements #4  
Will you have a need for pallet forks, I got a set last year and use them quite frequently.

Otherwise you will be set up pretty well, now to decide which ones.:licking:

/ MX 5100 Implements
I don't anticipate needing forks. I can always get a set made if the need arises though. Not sure I can swing a grapple. I'm about max'd out on budget as it is. Any idea what a 3rd function valve and grapple would cost?

Ben

/ MX 5100 Implements #6  
I'm new here too...welcome!

Any ideas of what kind of hay equipment you will be running? I'm in the same process of finalizing on a tractor. I'd like to spend less but was leaning towards the M7040 series to provide enough power for the hay equipment. From advice from others, most people say to make sure you buy enough or more power than you think you will need. It would be horrible to buy a tractor that is undersized for you needs as trading is expensive.

/ MX 5100 Implements #7  
I don't anticipate needing forks. I can always get a set made if the need arises though. Not sure I can swing a grapple. I'm about max'd out on budget as it is. Any idea what a 3rd function valve and grapple would cost?

Ben

Congratulations - The MX5100 is a great tractor! :thumbsup:

I am not sure Kubota offers a factory 3rd function for the MX5100, but there are definitely 3rd party options from companies like WR Long. The Kubota factory version on my L5740 was around $600 installed when I took delivery of the new tractor.

There are many grapples on the market, and you will hear an infinite number of opinions on which one is best. They generally range from $800 - $3000 from what I've gathered. The one I plan to buy from Everything Attachments is $1800 (including shipping).

/ MX 5100 Implements
I'm new here too...welcome!

Any ideas of what kind of hay equipment you will be running? I'm in the same process of finalizing on a tractor. I'd like to spend less but was leaning towards the M7040 series to provide enough power for the hay equipment. From advice from others, most people say to make sure you buy enough or more power than you think you will need. It would be horrible to buy a tractor that is undersized for you needs as trading is expensive.

I'll be picking up the haying equipment used over the next year, but I'll be putting up small squares when I finally get everything purchased. The 5100 fits my budget and physical size requirements for the tractor. With so much wooded property, I want a smaller framed tractor to maneuver in the trees. I've got access to a larger tractor if I end up needing it, but I expect this to do 99% of the work.

Ben

/ MX 5100 Implements
Congratulations - The MX5100 is a great tractor! :thumbsup:

I am not sure Kubota offers a factory 3rd function for the MX5100, but there are definitely 3rd party options from companies like WR Long. The Kubota factory version on my L5740 was around $600 installed when I took delivery of the new tractor.

There are many grapples on the market, and you will hear an infinite number of opinions on which one is best. They generally range from $800 - $3000 from what I've gathered. The one I plan to buy from Everything Attachments is $1800 (including shipping).

That's $3000 I don't have. Maybe I should start buying lottery tickets!

Ben

/ MX 5100 Implements #10  
Third function(FEL) may cost around $800.00,roll it into your tractor purchase,may be cheaper.Alternative to a full grapple is a tooth-bar and thumb for the bucket,cheaper and less weight.Very handy to have.