Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    15
    Location
    Sapulpa, OK
    Tractor
    MX 5100

    Default MX 5100 Implements

    First post on here, so hello to all. Name is Ben and live in Sapulpa Oklahoma, just southwest of Tulsa. We live on 350 acres of family land. It's mostly scrub oak rocky hills but has a few 10+/- acre pastures. It's been neglected for about 10-15 years so the pastures have quite a bit of brush growing up in them. We plan on cleaning up the pastures and beginning to hay the fields. There is quite a bit of clearing to be done overall. I will do what I can, but will hire out the heavy work to a trackhoe/dozer operator.

    My questions are about the equipment I will be buying. I plan on buying an MX 5100. I will be getting 4wd, a loader, hyd. top link w/ float, additional rear remote, and loaded tires. I also plan on buying a brush hog, box blade, sprayer, and spreader to begin the clean up process before buying equipment to hay the fields next year. Thoughts? Have I missed anything?

    Ben

  2. #2
    Super Star Member murphy1244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,833
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

    Default Re: MX 5100 Implements

    Murph ------------

  3. #3
    Super Star Member murphy1244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,833
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

    Default Re: MX 5100 Implements

    grapple makes for easier brush cleanup
    Murph ------------

  4. #4
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15,748
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

    Default Re: MX 5100 Implements

    Will you have a need for pallet forks, I got a set last year and use them quite frequently.

    Otherwise you will be set up pretty well, now to decide which ones.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    15
    Location
    Sapulpa, OK
    Tractor
    MX 5100

    Default Re: MX 5100 Implements

    I don't anticipate needing forks. I can always get a set made if the need arises though. Not sure I can swing a grapple. I'm about max'd out on budget as it is. Any idea what a 3rd function valve and grapple would cost?

    Ben

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    29
    Location
    Salem, OR
    Tractor
    Case IH Farmall 95

    Default Re: MX 5100 Implements

    I'm new here too...welcome!

    Any ideas of what kind of hay equipment you will be running? I'm in the same process of finalizing on a tractor. I'd like to spend less but was leaning towards the M7040 series to provide enough power for the hay equipment. From advice from others, most people say to make sure you buy enough or more power than you think you will need. It would be horrible to buy a tractor that is undersized for you needs as trading is expensive.

  7. #7
    Gold Member crazyangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    329
    Location
    Western New York
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740-HST; Kubota RTV900

    Default Re: MX 5100 Implements

    Quote Originally Posted by bfletch7441 View Post
    I don't anticipate needing forks. I can always get a set made if the need arises though. Not sure I can swing a grapple. I'm about max'd out on budget as it is. Any idea what a 3rd function valve and grapple would cost?

    Ben
    Congratulations - The MX5100 is a great tractor!

    I am not sure Kubota offers a factory 3rd function for the MX5100, but there are definitely 3rd party options from companies like WR Long. The Kubota factory version on my L5740 was around $600 installed when I took delivery of the new tractor.

    There are many grapples on the market, and you will hear an infinite number of opinions on which one is best. They generally range from $800 - $3000 from what I've gathered. The one I plan to buy from Everything Attachments is $1800 (including shipping).

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    15
    Location
    Sapulpa, OK
    Tractor
    MX 5100

    Default Re: MX 5100 Implements

    Quote Originally Posted by verdanthills View Post
    I'm new here too...welcome!

    Any ideas of what kind of hay equipment you will be running? I'm in the same process of finalizing on a tractor. I'd like to spend less but was leaning towards the M7040 series to provide enough power for the hay equipment. From advice from others, most people say to make sure you buy enough or more power than you think you will need. It would be horrible to buy a tractor that is undersized for you needs as trading is expensive.
    I'll be picking up the haying equipment used over the next year, but I'll be putting up small squares when I finally get everything purchased. The 5100 fits my budget and physical size requirements for the tractor. With so much wooded property, I want a smaller framed tractor to maneuver in the trees. I've got access to a larger tractor if I end up needing it, but I expect this to do 99% of the work.

    Ben

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    15
    Location
    Sapulpa, OK
    Tractor
    MX 5100

    Default Re: MX 5100 Implements

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyangel View Post
    Congratulations - The MX5100 is a great tractor!

    I am not sure Kubota offers a factory 3rd function for the MX5100, but there are definitely 3rd party options from companies like WR Long. The Kubota factory version on my L5740 was around $600 installed when I took delivery of the new tractor.

    There are many grapples on the market, and you will hear an infinite number of opinions on which one is best. They generally range from $800 - $3000 from what I've gathered. The one I plan to buy from Everything Attachments is $1800 (including shipping).
    That's $3000 I don't have. Maybe I should start buying lottery tickets!

    Ben

  10. #10
    Veteran Member nybirdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,910
    Location
    north of upstate ny
    Tractor
    Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT

    Default Re: MX 5100 Implements

    Third function(FEL) may cost around $800.00,roll it into your tractor purchase,may be cheaper.Alternative to a full grapple is a tooth-bar and thumb for the bucket,cheaper and less weight.Very handy to have.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Traction MX 5100 HST
    By garrettjdg in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2013, 11:43 PM
  2. mx 5100 remotes
    By candyman in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-25-2012, 06:23 AM
  3. MX 5100 2011
    By bonk900 in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 09:05 PM
  4. MX 5100 Clutch
    By abb in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 05:49 PM
  5. IH 5100
    By oldforestor in forum Attachments
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 02:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.