Looking to purchase a Kubota L35

/ Looking to purchase a Kubota L35 #1  

dondc

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7001, L35 TLB
I am looking at buying an L35 Kubota TLB and would like to hear likes, dislikes, problems etc. I am choosing between two machines both of which have 1500 to 1800 hours. If anyone is willing to share PDF of the Operators Manual and Service Manuals I would be very appreciative so that I can go overthem before I inspect the machines Thanks, Don

/ Looking to purchase a Kubota L35 #2  
:welcome:

/ Looking to purchase a Kubota L35 #3  
Welcome from Oklahoma. You might post this in the Kubota sections, I'm sure you can get plenty of responses there.

Ken

/ Looking to purchase a Kubota L35
Thanks for the Suggestion. I have done that now. Obviously I need to spend some time getting to know the Forum and the ins and outs of it. Don...

/ Looking to purchase a Kubota L35 #6  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Kubota Buying/Pricing forum.

/ Looking to purchase a Kubota L35 #7  
These machines were/are pretty much bullet proof IF it was cared for/maintained properly. Things to look for would be leaking front axel seals, where the front wheels turn on the axel, this was very common and a relatively cheap fix. Earlier models had an issue with the backhoe cracking on the crowd stick around the pin that held it to the boom, Kubota fixed this by welding in a flat-plate of steel that reinforced the stick and stopped the cracking, check the loader and hoe for excessively loose pins/ lots of play, check for missing grease fittings, and check all fluid levels. When I am looking at used equipment I like to see it with the original paint as well, this really will give an idea of how the machine has been treated. Also I would be much more comfortable buying the machine from an original owner or a dealer that may have knowledge or some sort of service record of that machine opposed to a rental yard that had every homeowner/contractor that has never run a backhoe learn on the one you may be purchasing. Hope some of this info helps and good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Tags, Very helpful information. The one I am currently making arrangements to see is from a Dealer and I wiill check for service records. It was used apparently stricktly on a farming operation for putting service lines, some clearing and said not to have ever been in rental or construction. We will see.

/ Looking to purchase a Kubota L35 #9  
A couple of other things like;

GEneral: Extend cylinders and look for dings or scratches and or oil seeping from the end caps

FEL - off and no hyd pressure if the bucket moves a lot the seals in the cylinders are allowing some bypass

At idle raise/lower FEL - should be smooth, also at idle the stabilizers should lift the back end off the ground

BH leak down - they al leak down over a few hours, but if if it leaks down say 1" in a few minutes thats seals and maybe valve related.

Check the BH lever function usually Kubotas "pull in" to dig and "push out" to dump and sometimes people change the operation to a CAT or different style.. not saying you cant get used to it but just another detail.

Run a newer or new machine if he has one - L45, L39. for example to get some feeling of tightness new or slightly used as a point of reference.

Dates on filters - I scratch or write the dates on when they are changed - of course dealer has probably done filters and oil

Thanks Carl, You guys are great. A wealth of valuable info especially my my not having any experience with a backhoe.