Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
  1. #11
    Elite Member ovrszd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,213
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota M9540, JD2210

    Default Re: M9960HD12 w/ Loader & 2 Rear Remotes ROPS

    In September I paid $43500 for a M9540HD12-1 with LA1353 loader, 84" bucket, 3rd function on the loader, two rear remotes, radial tires, cast centers.

    You'll definitely need to add fluid if you are going to use the loader at all. I added 1350lbs of fluid and the tractor is still 100lbs heavier on the front than rear. I didn't use the loader much before filling the tires but what I did realize was that it needed more weight. I carry a 1500lb weight box when I'm doing heavy loader chores.

    As TripleR mentioned I think the 60 series greatly improved the gear selector and integrated the park brake into the gear selector lever. The 40 series uses a separate lever to engage the park brake. I also love the wheel brakes on these tractors. A feather light touch stops the tractor.

    Good luck with your purchase and post pics when you get it. We all love to see pictures of others spending money!!!
    Richard
    Kubota M9540, JD2210

  2. #12
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    63
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Tractor
    TS6.110 4WD Cab

    Default Re: M9960HD12 w/ Loader & 2 Rear Remotes ROPS

    [QUOTE=TripleR;3155575]Sounds like you are good to go and you are going to love that tractor. The Hydraulic Shuttle Shift is extremely easy to use. The M40 linkage is a little balky and that has been changed in the M60, so shifting should be great. I really like the brakes also, much improved over our other tractors.

    Thanks Triple R! Psyched myself - still some resistance from the front line, doesn't feel it will work as hard as the Oliver and pull a Baler + Wagon - 90HP should pull anything

  3. #13
    SDT
    SDT is offline
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    315
    Location
    SE Indiana
    Tractor
    Numerous

    Default Re: M9960HD12 w/ Loader & 2 Rear Remotes ROPS

    Unless you have very, very good ground and/or do not plan to plow very deep, you will not pull a 4X16 plow with a 9960 unless you have LOTS of ballast. It's just too light.

    SDT

  4. #14
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15,746
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

    Default Re: M9960HD12 w/ Loader & 2 Rear Remotes ROPS

    [QUOTE=M8560HD12 TAMMARC FARM;3156019]
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Sounds like you are good to go and you are going to love that tractor. The Hydraulic Shuttle Shift is extremely easy to use. The M40 linkage is a little balky and that has been changed in the M60, so shifting should be great. I really like the brakes also, much improved over our other tractors.

    Thanks Triple R! Psyched myself - still some resistance from the front line, doesn't feel it will work as hard as the Oliver and pull a Baler + Wagon - 90HP should pull anything
    I know what you mean, those old tractors have proven records. We have guys around here who drag out tractors that hardly look like they would run and do some baling a couple of times a year. Our renters run 7000 and 8000 Series John Deeres and still have a couple of old IH Farmalls in our barn from time to time; don't know what the do with them, but they still have them.

    If you get the traction, you won't have to worry about power. We used out M8540 with a 7' box scraper this summer and with the rippers down and box full it would still spin the tires and it has less power than the M9960.

    Our Case CX80 weighed over 2000 pounds more than our M8540 and it works as well or better.

  5. #15
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15,746
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

    Default Re: M9960HD12 w/ Loader & 2 Rear Remotes ROPS

    Quote Originally Posted by SDT View Post
    Unless you have very, very good ground and/or do not plan to plow very deep, you will not pull a 4X16 plow with a 9960 unless you have LOTS of ballast. It's just too light.

    SDT
    Yes, you have to have traction, even the big John Deeres need extra weight.

  6. #16
    Elite Member foreman Etexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,578
    Location
    texas
    Tractor
    kubota M7040 &m7040

    Default Re: M9960HD12 w/ Loader & 2 Rear Remotes ROPS

    Quote Originally Posted by M8560HD12 TAMMARC FARM View Post
    Was quoted $46,160 for M9960HD12 ROPS w/ 2 Rear Remotes, Cast Wheels & Loader - Was wondering what you guys think of that pricing - any input would be appreciated

    Marc
    I figured I would include the quote I got on the 8560,hyd.,4x4,ldr,extra remote $46,750 with cab....Maybe will help

  7. #17
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    63
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Tractor
    TS6.110 4WD Cab

    Default Re: M9960HD12 w/ Loader & 2 Rear Remotes ROPS

    Quote Originally Posted by foreman Etexas View Post
    I figured I would include the quote I got on the 8560,hyd.,4x4,ldr,extra remote $46,750 with cab....Maybe will help
    Thanks foreman Etexas -appreciate the feedback for comparison! that is a great deal with the cab and ldr for sure!

  8. #18
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    63
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Tractor
    TS6.110 4WD Cab

    Default Re: M9960HD12 w/ Loader & 2 Rear Remotes ROPS

    Quote Originally Posted by SDT View Post
    Unless you have very, very good ground and/or do not plan to plow very deep, you will not pull a 4X16 plow with a 9960 unless you have LOTS of ballast. It's just too light.

    SDT
    SDT, I have the cast wheels and will also be filling tires with rim guard, should get me to 8000#-8500# [they show shipping weight before Rim Guard @ 6500-7000# - factor in the Rim Guard for load/ballast, i will almost be @ equal weight to Oliver - usually plow 8" depth, ground is good [sod/old hay fields] - I also have 3-bottom plow if going gets tough - friend has 9540 and pulls 4x16 good ground, says going is good, but slow - Marc

  9. #19
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    63
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Tractor
    TS6.110 4WD Cab

    Default Re: M9960HD12 w/ Loader & 2 Rear Remotes ROPS

    Quote Originally Posted by ovrszd View Post
    In September I paid $43500 for a M9540HD12-1 with LA1353 loader, 84" bucket, 3rd function on the loader, two rear remotes, radial tires, cast centers.

    You'll definitely need to add fluid if you are going to use the loader at all. I added 1350lbs of fluid and the tractor is still 100lbs heavier on the front than rear. I didn't use the loader much before filling the tires but what I did realize was that it needed more weight. I carry a 1500lb weight box when I'm doing heavy loader chores.

    As TripleR mentioned I think the 60 series greatly improved the gear selector and integrated the park brake into the gear selector lever. The 40 series uses a separate lever to engage the park brake. I also love the wheel brakes on these tractors. A feather light touch stops the tractor.

    Good luck with your purchase and post pics when you get it. We all love to see pictures of others spending money!!!
    ovrszd - will definitely post pics and fill tires! loader gets work with manure and firewood/brush and that is basically it - main chores will be bailing hay, plowing fields and spreading manure

  10. #20
    Elite Member DT86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,790
    Location
    SWVA
    Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M8560HD12 TAMMARC FARM View Post
    Was quoted $46,160 for M9960HD12 ROPS w/ 2 Rear Remotes, Cast Wheels & Loader - Was wondering what you guys think of that pricing - any input would be appreciated

    Marc
    That sounds about right to me.

    I've got the older equivalent, M9540 ROPS with a canopy, 12 speed, two rear remotes, radial tires, cast centers, two sets of wheel weights, loaded tires all the way around and self leveling loader with 3rd function. Bought it last fall, no regrets.

    See if you can get them to throw in a canopy (if it doesn't already have one) or a rear work light at that price. If that doesn't work try to get it at their cost. Both are nice to have.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 3-Point Hitch Top & Tilt and Rear Remotes Installed
    By paulwestski in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 06-20-2013, 08:49 PM
  2. L3400 BH77 & Rear Remotes
    By paulwestski in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 10:07 PM
  3. TN loader and rear remotes
    By jimg in forum New Holland Owning/Operating
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 06:46 AM
  4. L35 & L39 Rear Hydraulic Remotes
    By Keuka in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-02-2009, 09:45 AM
  5. bracket for rops mounted rear remotes
    By jonsstihl in forum Hydraulics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.