SVL75

/ SVL75
Pics will happen. They had to get a controller from Land Pride for the stump grinder. Still shooting for Sat delivery.

D.

/ SVL75 #12  
Pics will happen. They had to get a controller from Land Pride for the stump grinder. Still shooting for Sat delivery.

D.

Super! Sounds like quite a setup... for land clearing or right-of-way contract work or power-line easement jobs?? You gonna work that thing or use it to mix in a bit of sawdust and molasses into those Longhorn's feed rations? ;)

AKfish

/ SVL75
Going to use it for all kinds of stuff. Stump clearing from the cedar tree mulching we did.

Going to clear mesquites trees at my other place. It is so over grown - going to clean it up nice.

D.

/ SVL75 #14  
Don't know anything about mesquite trees.. except what other's have said here on TBN. Nasty, tough and hard to clean 'em out! You got your work cut out for you!

AKfish

/ SVL75
Use the tree shear to cut thm off at the ground.
Spray remedy and diesel b the stump .
Use a root grapple to pile the trees up
Burn them

Repeat.

D.

/ SVL75
IMG_0476.jpgIMG_0472.jpg

/ SVL75 #17  
Whoa, baby.... come to papa!! :laughing: Nice - very nice. Did you get a tree shear, too?

Last year traveled to SD to visit my family and pick up some more farm equipment. Visited with a couple of local farmer/ranchers that I used to go to school with and learned that the local NRCS has purchased a T250 Bobcat with a Fecon head.

Thousands of acres of rangeland along the Missouri River have become over-run with red cedar trees.

So, local ranchers/farmers can rent the tracked Bobcat with that Fecon mulcher head and make the chips fly! :thumbsup:

(You won't have to wait in line for your turn, though..) :)

AKfish

/ SVL75
Tree shear will be here later this week or next week. M&M Engineering Hydraclip 14" with sprayer.

Tree shear is better for mesquite.

I had a guy come do the mulching. The trees were so big that the mulch piles were too high to get the stumps all the way down.

I whacked a couple stumps with the new stump grinder. I believe it is going to do a nice job.

D.

/ SVL75
Looks a little weird sitting in between the green ones. :)

D.

Attachments

• IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 324
   / SVL75 #20  
Sprayer..? Wazz that for?

AKfish