Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    MX5100

Default Is hydralic gpm good enough on mx5100

I have been reading n learning from tbn for a couple of months.Narrowed my choice of tractors down too mx5100 kubota.My concern is im doing mainly grapple work on 200 acres of woods and it seems like the mx is much lower in hydralic capacity compared too other tractors in its class.Want to hear if it is going too run grapple as good as other with 16+gpm v.s. 9.6gpm.Any advice would be appreciated.Thanks

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Branson 2400H

Default Re: Is hydralic gpm good enough on mx5100

Flow in GPM provides the operating speed while pressure PSI provides the force.

With the same grapple the 16+ GPM will operate faster. Now the question becomes how fast do you want the grapple to operate?
    Artificial Intelligence will never overcome natural stupidity.

Branson 2400H MMM & FEL

JD 112

BX1850 gone but not forgotten

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Branson 2400H

Flow in GPM provides the operating speed while pressure PSI provides the force.

With the same grapple the 16+ GPM will operate faster. Now the question becomes how fast do you want the grapple to operate?
    Artificial Intelligence will never overcome natural stupidity.

Branson 2400H MMM & FEL

JD 112

BX1850 gone but not forgotten

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Would you please tell us what 50hp tractor you have seen that has a 16gpm implement flow rate. I think that you are looking at combined steering and implement flow rates which is a common mistake. Normally you have to get up into the 75hp + to have those flow rates. You will be fine with the MX5100
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    Would you please tell us what 50hp tractor you have seen that has a 16gpm implement flow rate. I think that you are looking at combined steering and implement flow rates which is a common mistake. Normally you have to get up into the 75hp + to have those flow rates. You will be fine with the MX5100
    Yep, example of my Kioti has a listed flow rate of 16.5GPM but the actual flow rate at the remote is just 10GPM.. I think manufactures use the higher number just to confuse newbies when comparing tractors. As far as grapple operation, what I have heard people complain about is the grapple operating too fast, and having to put flow restrictions in line or use smaller hydraulic lines in and attempt to slow down the operation of the grapple.. You are not going to have a problem with your MX5100 operating your grapple.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 & BX2230, Farmall Super M, Super A

Quote Originally Posted by culvers View Post
    I have been reading n learning from tbn for a couple of months.Narrowed my choice of tractors down too mx5100 kubota.My concern is im doing mainly grapple work on 200 acres of woods and it seems like the mx is much lower in hydralic capacity compared too other tractors in its class.Want to hear if it is going too run grapple as good as other with 16+gpm v.s. 9.6gpm.Any advice would be appreciated.Thanks
    As others note, you shouldn't have a problem with hydraulic flow. But make sure you match the size of grapple to the size of the tractor. It's possible to mount a grapple that's so big and heavy you don't have sufficient true payload lifting capacity left over. So resist any Tim the Toolman maximum overkill impulses! Welcome to TBN!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    kubota 7040sud

the 8540 has a 17gmp pump on it that the tractor i would look at

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by case245 View Post
    the 8540 has a 17gmp pump on it that the tractor i would look at
    My 7520 has a 17gpm pump. These are not 50hp tractors though.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    kubota mx5100hst

I have an mx5100 and I have a grapple. I use it hard and it has plenty of hydraulic speed. I don't believe you'll have any issues.

Tractor
    Kubota L4240HST

Just purchased a MX5100 HST with root grapple. Great machine for that type of work. You will have no problems with the hydraulic flow. Just make sure you have the dealer put a box blade on the 3pt hitch and try to raise it slowly. Make sure it doesn't have the mysterious "jerky 3pt hitch disease" before you buy it. Especially if you intend to use the tractor with a box blade. Some seem to be smooth operating while others are jerky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast