Ordering Kubota Parts from the factory.

/ Ordering Kubota Parts from the factory. #1  

JohnBoy45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800DT
Hi, I know somebody that ordered a Kubota part for their front loader and it's taken them one month to get it. The dealer says it takes sometimes 3 weeks to 2 months to get parts from the factory. Why is this? Does the parts have to come from Japan? Does all tractor companys have the same problem with parts?

Thanks, Terry.

/ Ordering Kubota Parts from the factory. #2  
The loader is made in the USA. The tractor parts are from Japan, some of the replacement filters I've gotten have been from Japan. My guess, given the fast sales of tractors, is that much of the parts stream is being used in production.

Additionally, there are thousands of different parts in a tractor and it is difficult to have everything on hand, even at the company level. When I had a B9200 the tranny went bad. There were none in the USA and I was told that to order from Japan could take 3 to 6 months.

/ Ordering Kubota Parts from the factory. #3  
guess it really depends on the part and your luck. some parts u can get quick and some parts u can't. i just had a rubber grommet on a weedwacker gas tank start leaking, can't buy the grommet, have to get a new redesigned gas tank, been waiting 2 weeks now. seems like i don;t care what the product nor the manufacture , u will wait till they are darn well and ready to make it and ship it. so much for parts availability /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Ordering Kubota Parts from the factory. #4  
I quess it all depends on the parts and availability. I just ordered a set of bucket pins for my Kubota excavator and it took only 3 working days from time of order to receipt of the package.

I ordered the parts online thru Tractorsmart. I am very impressed with their service. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jon