Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    71
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Tractor
    TS6.110 4WD Cab, WM75 FEL ROPS

    Default M9960HDC12, FEL, Cast Wheels, Filled Rears, Cab

    Well, I pulled the trigger on a M9960HDC 12 Speed, FEL, CAb, Cast Wheels and Rim Guard in Rear - Went back down to dealer this morning to put deal on hold because I was thinking of changing to a NH TS6.110 - but, for the menial tasks I do, cutting/baling hay & plowing every 4-6 yrs [6acre rotation cycle for 12 acres], I was still impressed w/ features, price, reviews and overall dealer confidence in the product

    The advice from this forum also helped make my decision and set my mind at ease - a good friend of mine has the M9540HDC24 FEL and he swears by it and he tills annualy w/ 4-16 Bottom Plow, 10ft Disc & Cullipacker

    Will post pics upon receipt, will also post reviews as I will be plowing late March - Early April and we will put this bad boy to the test!

  2. #2
    Super Star Member TripleR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18,179
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

    Default Re: M9960HDC12, FEL, Cast Wheels, Filled Rears, Cab

    Congratulations, will be interested to see the pictures, thee is one at our dealer, but it was raining too much for me to get close enough to take a look; not in the market just curious. Did you get any additional rear remotes, rear wiper defroster, hydraulic to link...

  3. #3
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    71
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Tractor
    TS6.110 4WD Cab, WM75 FEL ROPS

    Default Re: M9960HDC12, FEL, Cast Wheels, Filled Rears, Cab

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Congratulations, will be interested to see the pictures, thee is one at our dealer, but it was raining too much for me to get close enough to take a look; not in the market just curious. Did you get any additional rear remotes, rear wiper defroster, hydraulic to link...
    TripR, 1 extra rear remote, no rear wiper - doing hay, this tractor will most likely ever see rain, so no rear wiper - hopefully don;t come to regret that when clearing brush or something - will be sure and post pics as apps come along, plow, disc, cullimuch...etc and haying of course - have no doubt on the haying, but curious to see how she responds to tillage

    I will most likely have to put weights on front for tillage, not a huge fan of leaving buckets on for that work - too bouncy in field!

  4. #4
    Veteran Member xring100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,370
    Location
    Livingston County, Michigan
    Tractor
    Kubota M8540, ZD1211 60"

    Default

    Awesome nice that you got some confirmation that it will do what you want from someone who uses one the way you want to. i can say the 12 spd is a good idea for tillage. This from a guy who does not do much plowing. The only time i wished i had gone the 12 speed route was plowing

    Dave

    Dave

  5. #5
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    71
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Tractor
    TS6.110 4WD Cab, WM75 FEL ROPS

    Default Re: M9960HDC12, FEL, Cast Wheels, Filled Rears, Cab

    Quote Originally Posted by xring100 View Post
    Awesome nice that you got some confirmation that it will do what you want from someone who uses one the way you want to. i can say the 12 spd is a good idea for tillage. This from a guy who does not do much plowing. The only time i wished i had gone the 12 speed route was plowing

    Dave
    Dave, I was tempted to go 24 Speed, I had the chance to get one for slightly higher price, even w/ my freight factored in of me hauling my [2] Tractors for Trade and hauling the kubota back home [2 trips obviously, but may have been worth it], I don't think I will mind though until I start working the Tractor!

    I think after I fit the [2] fields I plow, I will need to get the 50hr Break in work done! Nothing like dropping the hammer on a new tractor though, we'll see what she's made of for sure!

    marc

  6. #6
    Veteran Member xring100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,370
    Location
    Livingston County, Michigan
    Tractor
    Kubota M8540, ZD1211 60"

    Default

    24 speed would be cool guess you have to draw the line somewhere the 50 hour service was a bit of a shocker for me but since you've had a large tractor I'm sure you wont be surprised at a $400 bill for oil and filters. The amount of metal on the magnets in the trans was also surprising.
    You may want to consider installing one of these valves in the side case drain to the trans. You can install a 5/8" spring loaded hose clip in the land of the valve so it can not be accidentally opened by a branch or something.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003VC..._d_detail?pd=1

    Dave

    Dave

  7. #7
    Elite Member foreman Etexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,250
    Location
    texas
    Tractor
    Kubota (2010)M7040,(2012)M7040,New Holland(2004)TL100

    Default Re: M9960HDC12, FEL, Cast Wheels, Filled Rears, Cab

    Congrats on the new tractor. Can't wait to see some photos. As a hay baler myself the rear wiper is something that I wish I would have got but going to add,its the dust that collects on window from baler...

  8. #8
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    71
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Tractor
    TS6.110 4WD Cab, WM75 FEL ROPS

    Default Re: M9960HDC12, FEL, Cast Wheels, Filled Rears, Cab

    Quote Originally Posted by foreman Etexas View Post
    Congrats on the new tractor. Can't wait to see some photos. As a hay baler myself the rear wiper is something that I wish I would have got but going to add,its the dust that collects on window from baler...
    I never even thought of the 'dust' Etexas having always had open cab tractors - i may touch base with the salesman Monday and have him add the rear wiper after I see what the cost is!

  9. #9
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    71
    Location
    Hamilton, OH
    Tractor
    TS6.110 4WD Cab, WM75 FEL ROPS

    Default Re: M9960HDC12, FEL, Cast Wheels, Filled Rears, Cab

    Quote Originally Posted by xring100 View Post
    24 speed would be cool guess you have to draw the line somewhere the 50 hour service was a bit of a shocker for me but since you've had a large tractor I'm sure you wont be surprised at a $400 bill for oil and filters. The amount of metal on the magnets in the trans was also surprising.
    You may want to consider installing one of these valves in the side case drain to the trans. You can install a 5/8" spring loaded hose clip in the land of the valve so it can not be accidentally opened by a branch or something.
    Fumoto F-105 Engine Oil Drain Valve:Amazon:Automotive

    Dave
    Will definitely look into the valve! Have to go through a whole new learning curve now - having used a 1969 Oliver 1755 and 1972 IH574 for last 15yrs, I will be sure and have dealer walk my wife and I through the tractor before I have it delivered - she does the driving while we bale and is still upset about the cab, No more sun for her while either raking, tedding or baling!!!

  10. #10
    Veteran Member xring100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,370
    Location
    Livingston County, Michigan
    Tractor
    Kubota M8540, ZD1211 60"

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M8560HD12 TAMMARC FARM View Post

    Will definitely look into the valve! Have to go through a whole new learning curve now - having used a 1969 Oliver 1755 and 1972 IH574 for last 15yrs, I will be sure and have dealer walk my wife and I through the tractor before I have it delivered - she does the driving while we bale and is still upset about the cab, No more sun for her while either raking, tedding or baling!!!
    Sounds like you need a his and hers tractor. if i didn't play in the woods so much i would have a cab.

    Dave

    Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tires calcium filled rears presssure adjustment
    By roman in forum Owning/Operating
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 04:23 AM
  2. Replacement wheels for ym240d rears
    By jerm240 in forum Yanmar
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 08:23 AM
  3. Cast iron wheels for M7040
    By m7040 in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-19-2007, 12:42 AM
  4. Tires Can wheels be removed/swapped when tires are filled?
    By ratter in forum Owning/Operating
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 02:23 PM
  5. Filled the rears on BX1500
    By Dman in forum Owning/Operating
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-19-2006, 04:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.